Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a bully and I'm sorry

AborAbor Member Posts: 59

The recent news from Funcom has been pretty bleak. It has made me question my vitrol for TSW. In short it was easy to gang up and lambast the game for its perceived shortcomings. But the more I thought about it, the more I realize there are a lot of talented people who worked to create this game and they honestly want it to succeed. A recent article from Gamescon said the TSW group languished in the EA section and were surprised when one game reporter actually went to talk them. He said they looked beat up, sad, tired. Those words personalized the people behind the game and I felt bad for insulting their work. Something they probably worked a good portion of the last two years on. 

Part of my resentment came from AoC; the game never lived up to the hype and I was disappointed. I learned about TSW a month before launch and thought Funcom had gotten itself together. I tried out the game but quickly realized while it had some wonderful stuff: ideas, setting, graphics, there were some glaring incompatabilities with what I wanted out of an MMORPG and what TSW provided. This, however, does not negate the fact there are those who thoroughly enjoy the game and who am I to rain on their parade?

In short my desire to see this game founder can be ascribed to my my previous interactions with the company as well as my ego. I want to be right; I want to say, "this game won't survive" and project my clarivoyance and knowledgableness onto the masses who still play the game. The only redeeming value from such action is schadenfreude, and that, ladies and gentleman, is the worst type of pleasure one can feel good about. 

In short I hope Funcom pulls it together and that they are able to maintain a sizable player base as to continue the game. I will refrain from negative posts in the future and hope the best for the game and its players.

Cheers

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

That's mighty big of you to post this.  Can't believe no one else has responded (unless I'm falling for a troll, but if so it's brilliant and I deserve it).

Personally I love TSW.  It's more of an adult game imho.  It certainly isn't mainstream.  It's a niche game.  I, too, hope it finds enough subs to stay alive.  The doom and gloom around TSW is irritating to be honest.  

Anyway, nice post.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    With all the TSW fans that troll GW2, I'll be happy to watch it burn.  If funcom fails at making a game worth playing, and it only appeals to players that only know how to trash other games, then why would bankrupcy not be the solution.  I'm sure all the TSW fanboi's can go back to WoW.

TSW fans trolling GW2? I've seen hundreds of troll posts by tens of GW2 fantrolls in TSW forum.

To OP: as a TSW player I salute you. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    With all the TSW fans that troll GW2, I'll be happy to watch it burn.  If funcom fails at making a game worth playing, and it only appeals to players that only know how to trash other games, then why would bankrupcy not be the solution.  I'm sure all the TSW fanboi's can go back to WoW.

TSW fans trolling GW2? I've seen hundreds of troll posts by tens of GW2 fantrolls in TSW forum.

Well I guess you can watch for GW2 to fail, and I can watch for TSW to fail, and we'll see who's done watching first

EDIT: I really don't "wish" TSW fails,  and saying so is exaggerating how I feel.  There is no doubt about the fact that there are TSW fanboi's that ruin any respect and concern I have for TSW and it's success.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Well I guess you can wish that GW2 fails, and I can wish that TSW fails, and we'll see who's wish comes true first

Nope I don't wish any game faling. Why should I? I just don't like GW2 - absolutely nothing in it interests me. You again spend your valuable minutes of your existence lurking in TSW forum spitting poison. Then again this is a regular behaviour of a GW2 fanboi as seen so many times in this site and many others.

Well I guess you can wish that GW2 fails, and I can wish that TSW fails, and we'll see who's wish comes true first

Nope I don't wish any game faling. Why should I? I just don't like GW2 - absolutely nothing in it interests me. You again spend your valuable minutes of your existence lurking in TSW forum spitting poison. Then again this is a regular behaviour of a GW2 fanboi as seen so many times in this site and many others.

Meh, I don't need to try and make TSW fail, in case you haven't noticed, it already is.  I've just decided to bring out some marshmellows while things slowly burn away.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I feel the urge to write something about you, your sig, GW2 etc. and i would take the risk of one more ban for "badmouthing" or "provoking" GW2 fans but then i think its far more enjoyable to get an ice out of the refrigerator and let its taste enhance my wellbeing...mmhhh...go play your game and bully arround in whatever forums you need, it does not count anything in the greater sense of the universe.

PS: OP, your post is well thought and shows a high level of self reflection, you have my respect!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Meh, I don't need to try and make TSW fail, in case you haven't noticed, it already is.  I've just decided to bring out some marshmellows while things slowly burn away.

You sir ae in dire need of anew hobby and maybe a life! I play both games and never have wished for a project to fail and costing people their jobs.

Sounds to me you enjoy people suffering and inturn are a pretty poor excuse of a human being, that said , I'm done in talking to idiots like you.

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by Acidon

That's mighty big of you to post this.  Can't believe no one else has responded (unless I'm falling for a troll, but if so it's brilliant and I deserve it).

Personally I love TSW.  It's more of an adult game imho.  It certainly isn't mainstream.  It's a niche game.  I, too, hope it finds enough subs to stay alive.  The doom and gloom around TSW is irritating to be honest.  

Anyway, nice post.

Well i replied but apparently my comment was removed by the admin, i'll try write it more politely to avoid further censor yet my comment didn't really contained anything harmful or insulting i did wrote that:

"Funcom or Failcom as commonly called, has very talented artists, incredibly talended, and some good game designer, but it also have some very bad programmer, and utmost a very bad managing board, and that one alone should have to be lifted from their duties and 'be used as stuntmens in horror b-movies with volcanoes' instead for the shame they brough to the job of the people working beneath them and how they misrespect the customers from who they take the money for living."

Hope the form is polite enough now, sorry but bad things need bad words, or they won't be so.

Originally posted by Thorqemada

I feel the urge to write something about you, your sig, GW2 etc. and i would take the risk of one more ban for "badmouthing" or "provoking" GW2 fans but then i think its far more enjoyable to get an ice our of the refrigerator and let its taste enhance my wellbeing...mmhhh...go play your game and bully arround in other forums, it does not count anything in the greater sense of this universe.

was I bullying? I just said that I've lost any concern about the impending doom of TSW because of the actions of some TSW fanbois.  It's not bullying to sit back and  watch someone trip and fall

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

Good thing there aren't any GW2 fanbois trolling this forum, am I right? 

Originally posted by minttunator

Good thing there aren't any GW2 fanbois trolling this forum, am I right? 

Aw shucks, I missed out on the opportunity to be "the better man"

This discussion has been closed.