Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wont let me log in

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I'd imagine they are getting seriously swamped from the EU and early risers on the Eastcoast.

It is still summer vacation and a Saturday to boot.

I need sleep anyway, but damn I was having a hella fun time.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• agusliemagusliem Member Posts: 5
    Seems it still down, can't login >.< hope they will fix this "overload" login issue ..

Real Gamer never use CHEAT

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Its really odd how things went from stress test and BWEs working fine to FUSTERCLUCK on release. ANet really had no idea it was going to be this popular ? It just seems so odd that they were not better prepared, if its this bad with just us pre-purchasers, WTF is going to happen on the 28th ?

This.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

So here is my thoughts on all of this.

OBVIOUSLY they were not so prepared for how popular this was going to be.

I do not think that they had this many people playing in all the betas or stress tests, so this is why the servers went arj df;aghdfsgdg.

Do you guys agree or disagree?

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    same problem, damn i want to keep playing :/
  • GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Hokie

I'd imagine they are getting seriously swamped from the EU and early risers on the Eastcoast.

Yep, this game is hella fun. I'm just glad I don't have to be bored anymore. A crack err game fix is nice having. =]

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Ok who broke it?

come on own up, who broke the server?

We won't be mad, ..much.

so just own up and be a man or woman about it and admit it,

so who broke it?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm watching a little Married with Children while I wait.. Good stuff:)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    They are unable to keep their servers stable, oh well. I will just play some TSW(At least that gane was playable during headstart/Launch ^^ )
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Early riser here. Nuts. I should have slept in.  I wonder how long the MMORPG forums will stay up. I had major lag trying to post :)  Oh what fun!

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Its really odd how things went from stress test and BWEs working fine to FUSTERCLUCK on release. ANet really had no idea it was going to be this popular ? 

It just seems so odd that they were not better prepared, if its this bad with just us pre-purchasers, WTF is going to happen on the 28th ?

their servers will burn to ashes

Originally posted by Ohn03s
    They are unable to keep their servers stable, oh well. I will just play some TSW(At least that gane was playable during headstart/Launch ^^ )

The Secret World didn't have the magnitude of people Guild Wars 2 has for launch that is why The Secret World didn't crash much. Thing's happen, thing's will happen regardless of what you think.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Don't you love MPOG. I was thinking my firewall had messed up... server down I am guessing.

So far so good though. I was logging in very easily. Jacked up the graphics and still getting 40fps on my laptop. 

Graphics is definitely ramped up from Beta weekends to. The centaurs looked so much better.

Grabbing the names you want is tough though.  I got close enough but even logging in early I lucked out

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by redcap036

Ok who broke it?

come on own up, who broke the server?

We won't be mad, ..much.

so just own up and be a man or woman about it and admit it,

so who broke it?

All of my names were taken, so I decided no one gets to play right now. Take THAT, internet!

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Always want to be a fly on the wall in their IT department right now.  Someone is getting yelled at lol.

Originally posted by tordurbar

Early riser here. Nuts. I should have slept in.  I wonder how long the MMORPG forums will stay up. I had major lag trying to post :)  Oh what fun!

Yup, taking me like eight seconds for each post to load. lols

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Its really odd how things went from stress test and BWEs working fine to FUSTERCLUCK on release. ANet really had no idea it was going to be this popular ? 

It just seems so odd that they were not better prepared, if its this bad with just us pre-purchasers, WTF is going to happen on the 28th ?

You do know that is one of the reasons they have early head starts. Is to try and space the mass log in attempts out over a few days (some times a week).

Any system can be innundated, its why DNS attacks are still effective. And thats basically what is happeneing. It will get sorted out. Have some patience, we'll all get to play some more.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

To bad it makes me fall asleep.

Lolipops !

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by steeler989

So here is my thoughts on all of this.

OBVIOUSLY they were not so prepared for how popular this was going to be.

I do not think that they had this many people playing in all the betas or stress tests, so this is why the servers went arj df;aghdfsgdg.

Do you guys agree or disagree?

Agree.  No matter how well you prepare, when something is this popular worldwide, you can never truly test the full amount that will slam your servers at launch.  They hype last night was CRAZY.  Not in a bad way, like in a FUN way, but it shows how much people want this game out NOW.  I remember WoW having this issue in almost it's entire first year.  And Blizzard had to scramble to buy new servers to accomodate the extremely large amount of people.  

Also makes one wonder, if the average gamer doesn't know he/she can test the game when buying the game early with Anet's deal on this one or if there were THAT many people who just refuse to beta test at all so as not to spoil a game for themselves.  Food for thought.

Originally posted by chryses

Don't you love MPOG. I was thinking my firewall had messed up... server down I am guessing.

So far so good though. I was logging in very easily. Jacked up the graphics and still getting 40fps on my laptop. 

Graphics is definitely ramped up from Beta weekends to. The centaurs looked so much better.

Grabbing the names you want is tough though.  I got close enough but even logging in early I lucked out

I agree. The graphics were beefed up for launch. Looking at my stress test pictures to launch, oh boy...major difference.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    ARENANET, Y U NO LETS ME IN!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

You do know that is one of the reasons they have early head starts. Is to try and space the mass log in attempts out over a few days (some times a week).

Any system can be innundated, its why DNS attacks are still effective. And thats basically what is happeneing. It will get sorted out. Have some patience, we'll all get to play some more.

No i totally agree with you, not being impatient just more curious how they were not better prepared with all the pre-purchases they had there should have been better indicators for this night.

Lolipops !

• jaserionjaserion Member UncommonPosts: 27
    i guess that getting the blah blah firewall error is normal?  i was on last night and logged off for bed.  now i cant get in.  
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

To bad it makes me fall asleep.

FYI Ohn03s: Even WoW, and yes, TSW had their share of problems at launch.  Nothing new.  Have a nice day!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Gamefun

The Secret World didn't have the magnitude of people Guild Wars 2 has for launch that is why The Secret World didn't crash much. Thing's happen, thing's will happen regardless of what you think.

I am aware that high serverload breaks things, but they might just as well scale a bit more between multiple login servers, considering they had a fair amount of stress tests it would be fair to expect that they have managed their serverload correctly :)

There is a high demand, true. But they are payed to keep the service online by the end users and due to the amount of sales they have a fair estimation about the amount of clients that Log on. 

The only time the TSW Servers fully crashed was during the free weekend but they where able to restore it quite quickly. Apperently the demand was far higher than expected but alright, whenever you open the doors for everyone without payement those things can happen.