Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Disaster

ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Well, disaster is a bit too much maybe, it is a game after all.

NCSoft UK apparently cannot cope with the overload.

From what I am reading from various forums, very few Europeans can login or keep the connection going for more than few minutes.

Lucky Americans..............

Comments

• Phaleg31Phaleg31 Member Posts: 32

In b4

OMG ITS A LAUNCH LAWL/ EVERY MMO IS LIKE THIS/ WTH DO YOU EXPECT????

/defend game blindly

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    i got on fine :) and im from the UK, im just sick of reading posts already about people saying worst gamez evarz lol

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Phaleg31

In b4

/defend game blindly

+1

Guild Wars 2 Launch - The revenge of Error 37?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Eastern europe. I play on Piken Square and everythign works fine. But I saw a lot of low servers so probably a lot of people have problems.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Rubbish.

I'm in the UK and have had no trouble at all.

Whatever the common denominator is in this case, it certainly isn't being in the EU.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by ste2000
    Well, disaster is a bit too much maybe, it is a game after all.NCSoft UK apparently cannot cope with the overload.From what I am reading from various forums, very few Europeans can login or keep the connection going for more than few minutes.Lucky Americans..............

On an up note, It seems after this news there is a high amount of potential customers.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

In b4

/defend game blindly

Really..........never noticed.

Point is Americans generally have no big problems logging in, Europeans on the other hand have huge issues.

When a game launch there are always login issues, but generally affects everyone not one particular zone.

It looks like Anet decided to let Americans in first to avoid a complete disaster.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I could finally get in but right after i created my character and the cinematic ended the screen went black and so it stayed.

After i logged in again whenever i selected my character and pressed play nothing happened.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by darwa

Rubbish.

Whatever the common denominator is in this case, it certainly isn't being in the EU.

Just because YOU can login doesn't mean everyone else from the UK can. But I guess you have no idea how login servers work now do you>?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    It just annoys me a little that Anet seems to be blaming me though with there warning. I do not mind the wait, but stop blaming me or my internet...he is sensitive! :(
  • crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Login servers arent the same as game servers when do you ppls understand this already ? So there is always this login problem with MMOs at day 1, you had this problem even in D3 because too many wanted to login at the same time ... even for days. No company would get extra login servers just for a few days, get real pls :/.
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    I logged in a few hours ago, but I wish I never did. I would have a higher chance of getting a refund. The game itself is beyond terrible.

REALITY CHECK

• BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

You must also realize there is a HUGE disparaty in the quality of the telephone lines betweem europe and the US. Hell, the electricity pole thats in the street that hooks up my building to the grid was put there right after the 2nd world war and is still standing today. And I live in a the "modern" country of Italy. So trust me the infrastructure has a lot to do with gaming in the old continent.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Rubbish.

They said Europeans, didn't they ? Since when British count themselves as Europeans ?

j/k

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Rubbish.

Just because YOU can login doesn't mean everyone else from the UK can. But I guess you have no idea how login servers work now do you>?

I believe that statement works both ways, don't you?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    EU disaster indeed. because of it I've lost my 'default' nick I'm using since 2006 in every MMORPG I play. TY ANet for screwing the launch for EU players and allowing some ass to use my nick (yes, i't one I have never seen anyone with...)
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    it took me 3 days before i could log into wow for the first time, i've been around mmo's for awhile. remember when swg used go down for maintenance every night?
    people are self entitled spoiled brats these days, if it doesn't work right away they throw their toys out of the pram.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    people are self entitled spoiled brats these days, if it doesn't work right away they throw their toys out of the pram.

Yes...I am indeed self entitled, that comes with the fact when you pay for a service and/or product. It makes yourself entitled to something. Something called access to said server you payed for. Really I do not mind the wait, but I do not understand the poeple who are simply content with it like that and claim anyone wanting to get what they payed for are brats. 

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by crusher143
    Login servers arent the same as game servers when do you ppls understand this already ? So there is always this login problem with MMOs at day 1, you had this problem even in D3 because too many wanted to login at the same time ... even for days. No company would get extra login servers just for a few days, get real pls :/.

this.... i know it sounds selfish but its true... they have the server for the capacity analized.. however that limit can only be breached once..... laucnh day! theres ppl login in at 5am in the morning... thats not going to happend in a few days.. and the persons across the world will find equilibrium with their login-time attemps... example.. 250k (america) in day - 250k (eurpeans) in the night (day for me)... right now its 500k at the same time

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92
    damn you arenanet eu damn you. lol.
  • ShTogoodShTogood Member Posts: 46

Hi all i had this problem as well (in the UK) all i did was log in to the site and you can disconnect your account from the server leave it for 5 mins then try to log back in works fine now.

Hope it helps

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

In b4

/defend game blindly

In b4 haters gonna hate... oh wait...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It is not about not understanding how MMO launches work.

It is about the disparity between the US and the EU service.

US launch seems rather smooth, the European one a bit less........................

Originally posted by ste2000

It is not about not understanding how MMO launches work.

It is about the disparity between the US and the EU service.

US launch seems rather smooth, the European one a bit less........................

As a european MMO player you should be used to that.