Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I can't play with my friends because a server is full, this game a is a piece of crap

skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

Yup. No queue for a chance to play with them, they just tell you it's full and you can't play. Now sure some of you fanboys will come here and say well you guys should have picked a lower server. There was no way to know.  And because you can only choose one server I have to sit here and wait and hope that the server my friends accidentally chose will now open up in the future.

Comments

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Since server transfers are free, they can switch to your server :)
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    to be honest im with ya on this, there server system is complete garbage, having to choose a permanent server is really stupid...
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by yaoming36

No they aren't, and I do not want to wait until I'm 80 and have to grind gold / gems to transfer.

I want to play with them now. So ya I'm going to have to sit here and wait for the server to hopefully open up.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by skamper

No they aren't, and I do not want to wait until I'm 80 and have to grind gold / gems to transfer.

I want to play with them now. So ya I'm going to have to sit here and wait for the server to hopefully open up.

From their twitter: "world transfers are free for 7 days ^SL"

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159

Except they aren't going to be free forever, and it's possibly only one.  I have to admit this issue bugs me quite a bit.  I'm looking at a list of six servers that are the only ones I can pick from, none of which have friends or are the unofficial RP server.  It means I'm essentially stuck waiting until I'm sure I can get into the server I want - not too big of a deal, but I bet you're going to hear a lot more complaints if this happens on launch day too.  Guesting isn't in yet.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

lmao...

and so it begins

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Yup. No queue for a chance to play with them, they just tell you it's full and you can't play. Now sure some of you fanboys will come here and say well you guys should have picked a lower server. There was no way to know.  And because you can only choose one server I have to sit here and wait and hope that the server my friends accidentally chose will now open up in the future.

Maybe theres a bug or something..? Since you can normally choose to join your friends on the overflow server. Or have you tried that yet?

• fenowy30fenowy30 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Well yo ucan play with them on other sever just by guesting system, unless you want to WvW ofcourse...
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Remains

Maybe theres a bug or something..? Since you can normally choose to join your friends on the overflow server. Or have you tried that yet?

Nope. If you look at the list, you will see that all the servers are full. My friend's got in earlier when the servers were around medium pop, and had no idea about the full lock. Well here I am now getting off work and can't join them.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

You sound like that girl from charlie and the chocolate factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

There are free transfers right now. You should have your friend's take advantage of it before the free transfers are gone. I understand where you are coming from, ArenaNet should have thought about it more before implementing servers locks like that.

Good luck to you, that's all I can say.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by tank017

lmao...

and so it begins

Much faster than I thought.

Wait till the WoW brigade wakes up...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • babacbabac Member UncommonPosts: 179

sucks to be you homie, you should have avoided high pop servers. Anyway, afaik there is a ghosting feature, where you can play on an other server, while waiting that a free spot opens on your home-world.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

lmao...

and so it begins

LOL! Now can't stop laugh! :D

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by bcbully

lmao...

and so it begins

Much faster than I thought.

Wait till the WoW brigade wakes up...

This is a pretty legit complaint, as far as I see.  I'll use the server I want to get in, Tarnished Coast, as an example.  Right now, I can't make a character on there period.  I'll either have to wait until people transfer off or A.Net raises the cap.  I could create a character on another server right now, but I'd need to keep a close eye on TC in order to get in within the next week or else I'm out of luck.

What am I going to do if I miss the chance to join my server of choice?  What are other people going to do?  Throw around talk of guesting all you want - the fact of the matter is most people would prefer to actually be on the same server as their friends, especially if they want to do WvW together.  Not throwing my arms up in a panic yet, but hopefully this'll be handled well.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Remains

Nope. If you look at the list, you will see that all the servers are full. My friend's got in earlier when the servers were around medium pop, and had no idea about the full lock. Well here I am now getting off work and can't join them.

Just join an other server and transfer to them when things settle down or wait all of you are online and transfer together to a low/medium server. At least you are seeing the server list ;)

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

No they aren't,

Yes they are, I just transfered, no problem.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by ianicus
    to be honest im with ya on this, there server system is complete garbage, having to choose a permanent server is really stupid...

While it sucks now, its good for the game in the long run. You can't have meaningful PvP without locking people into servers. And lets be honest, that's what the game is about.