Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Launch Failure

Comments

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Well I'm playing from Germany and can't log in... looks like the stress tests weren't enough stress after all :p

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Lol I love people judging the game before the official launch. Sure it's going to be a rocky ride. Unlike TSW, GW2 is going to be hammared by the number of players who want to play this game RIGHT NOW. There was nothing special about TSW quality it all went down to the numbers of players who actually bought the game.
  • Gina_SummersGina_Summers Member Posts: 1

Logged in once at 0510, but crashed on loading screen. Not been able to login since - over 3 hours now.

Was able to login in during the stress tests no problem.

From EU, UK

Support page is down too, its just blank.

So yeah, I have to agree its the worst mmo launch I've experienced by far if I cant even login after 3 hours..

Not really a headstart.

Fail :(

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Spvp is broke. Can't join giving everyone (so it seems)  a firewall error .

They should have done waves ;) 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Gina_Summers

Logged in once at 0510, but crashed on loading screen. Not been able to login since - over 3 hours now.

Was able to login in during the stress tests no problem.

From EU, UK

Support page is down too, its just blank.

So yeah, I have to agree its the worst mmo launch I've experienced by far if I cant even login after 3 hours..

Not really a headstart.

Fail :(

Official start was only 51 minutes ago. You still have 2 days and 23 hours before the regular players can join.

• Reilly64Reilly64 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Now almost 9am in UK - still unable to login
  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    UK here too and can't get in. I'm assuming everyone able to play without problems are in the US? Wouldn't be the first time Europe gets lows priority in the launch of American-hosted games in my experience. Anyway, as someone said, it should be fine in a few hours once they get around to us, just play something else for the time being.  
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    when i was on it ran beautifully :) but yet again being in the UK and the EU mass login messes everything up....cheer up pesimists lol

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    EVERY MMO launch has issues, any real fan knows this. At least every MMO worth playing does.
    I know expecting patience is far to much to ask, but the fact is you will need it.
    Throwing chat thread temper tantrums only make us point and laugh.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'm in EU and now that I've logged in successfully, everything is smooth and fine. Could be because others are having trouble logging in, though.
    Coman, I'm pretty sure 99% of the players prepurchased for head start.

• MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103

For what it's worth:

I was having "firewall" type issues just after character creation myself.  I run NOD32 AV5, and turned on "Gamer Mode".  Solved my problem real quick.  Normally, I have ZERO issues running any MMORPG game in "normal mode", but for some reason, GW2 is using ports that are possibly out of the ordinary?

Anyway, if you are using NOD32 Antivirus 5, try enabling "Gamer Mode" under settings.

Hope this helps somebody.

From the NOD32 AV5 Help File:

"Gamer mode is a feature for users that demand uninterrupted usage of their software, do not wish to be disturbed by pop-up windows and want to minimize CPU usage. Gamer mode can also be used during presentations that cannot be interrupted by antivirus activity. By enabling this feature, all pop-up windows are disabled and the activity of the scheduler will be completely stopped. System protection still runs in the background but does not demand any user interaction.

You can enable or disable Gamer mode in the main program window by clicking Setup > Computer then Enable under Gamer mode; or you can enable Gamer mode in the Advanced setup tree (F5) by expanding User interface, clicking Gamer mode and selecting the checkbox next to Enable Gamer mode. Enabling Gamer mode is a potential security risk, so the protection status icon in the taskbar will turn yellow and display a warning. You will also see this warning in the main program window where you will see Gamer mode enabled in yellow.

By selecting the Enable Gamer mode when running applications in full screen automatically checkbox, Gamer mode will start after you start a full-screen application and will automatically stop after you exit the application. This is especially useful for starting Gamer mode directly after starting a game, opening a full screen application or starting a presentation.

You can also select the Disable Gamer mode automatically after X minutes checkbox to define the amount of time (default value is 1 minute). This is used if you only require Gamer mode for a specific amount of time and want to automatically disable it afterwards."

• Reilly64Reilly64 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    No temper tantrums - just saying for all those who've had a smooth experience some of us haven't been able to get in game...and yes I've been present at other game launches. Rift, SWTOR, TSW etc.....
    Rift had issues similar to this on day 1, no surprise wham everyone tries to login at once. Wait till the kids wake up.... of boy.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by Mouth

I simply cannot log in - my request doesnt even reach authentication. I heard from my friend who was able to log in really early this morning that the game is laggy as hell.

Not going to score the game on this, but so far ... extremely bad of course. Going back to The Secret World (which had a 10/10 launch) for a while, but itching to try GW2 ( though I don't think I will like the cartoony "little mouse characters" things, but we'll see). I loved gw1 to bits, but have a bad feeling about gw2 - especially now after tsw launch.

The reason TSW probably had a better launch was because no one bought it.

enjoying GW2 and TSW myself , both are great games no need to add stupid comments like this guy , really tells someones lack of education when you have to bash something because your fanboy butt is hurt because of a less then stellar launch.

Don't like the game because it's too hard for you ok cool don't make comments moves on and play GW2 , so yeah back to GW2 LOL.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I logged into my server around 11pm pacific time, and I haven't had any issues with lag or anything, it was full for a while and I was in an overload channel or whatever, but even after I got out of there it is still okay.
    Tsw had issues, they allllllll do.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Lol gona summarise the responses in order of appearance.

1.Denial
    2.Testimonials.
    3.Backlash.
    3.Damage control.
    4.Assistance/Help.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Anyone else getting a pure black screen after character intro?
  • Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by coxyroxy
    Anyone else getting a pure black screen after character intro?

I do. And after that I can't log in becaus I am getting "Transaction in progress" error.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Coman, I'm pretty sure 99% of the players prepurchased for head start.

Well yes I know, but I was not the one conserned about playing 3 days ahead of "regular" consumers :P. Just pointed out he had still plenty of headstart left. 

• MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Check your firewall software.  If you are running NOD32, check my post on previous page.
  • BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    I'm having a laugh at the people who wasted money on 3 day head start. Thank you for beta testing my game.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Excellent launch from what I've seen. Been playing for a little over 4 hours with 0 issues. Sorry to hear your experience was different OP. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Tsw had issues, they allllllll do.

To be fair I know it will clear up, but TSW did not have issues like this.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"