Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Launch Failure

MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

I simply cannot log in - my request doesnt even reach authentication. I heard from my friend who was able to log in really early this morning that the game is laggy as hell.

Not going to score the game on this, but so far ... extremely bad of course. Going back to The Secret World (which had a 10/10 launch) for a while, but itching to try GW2 ( though I don't think I will like the cartoony "little mouse characters" things, but we'll see). I loved gw1 to bits, but have a bad feeling about gw2 - especially now after tsw launch.

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Just give it a few hours.  I probably won't even be able to log in until Sunday.  By then I'm sure all the major kinks will be worked out.
  • whaviswhavis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Just logged off bout to get some sleep. I had no problems logging in or with any lag. A friend of mine had a little lag but also no problems logging in. I would give this launch so far a 10/10.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Quite the impatient one, posting this 43 seconds AFTER launch aren't we..?
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Just logged out and my family and I had a blast on Sanctum of Rall. Overflows were working as advertised. We had no lag but portals were occasionally clogged with people trying to get through! :) 

I wish I could play more but my eyes are falling out!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    I had zero issues logging in or with lag.  The only issue I had was that the human tutorial boss didn't advance me properly after I killed it... three times... so I was kind of stuck for a bit.
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

just throwing this out there for I am at work and cannot check for sure, but it seems a good amount of people are not experiencing any problems, but there a some that are.

something to ponder for you, nvidia and amd both released huge driver updates this week in anticipation of this game, also java and acrobat/adobe did as well yesterday. When was the last time you checked for updates on you computers?

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Otashi,or else?

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I had no problem logging in and there's no lag [mod edit]
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Reizla

Servers have been up for 3hrs?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113
    was able to log in after several tries, and it is NOT laggy right now - so things were not as bad as i was afraid of
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

From facebook:

If you're playing from EU, we are investigating the login issues. ~RB2

I haven't experienced any game lag but chatting takes ages :D

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

GW2 is much more popular than TSW was when it launched. This can't be compared to a launch that was most likely way below Funcom's expectations customers wise.

I admit I expected this to go a bit better, but really, popular MMOs always launch like this. It seems EU servers are having some login isues on top of being full, so I'm not expecting to play much today.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Servers have been up for 3hrs?

Official launch was midnight Pacific time or 9.00 CEST. OP posted it 43 seconds after OFFICIAL launch...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    i played for 3hrs - had fun and no lag - but im off to bed!
  • ShTogoodShTogood Member Posts: 46

Some EU players are having problems logging in Anet have allready tweeted about it and are working on it.

In the same boat, was playing fine no lag at all then DC'ed and now i cant log in lol.

Just love MMOs :)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Mouth

I simply cannot log in - my request doesnt even reach authentication. I heard from my friend who was able to log in really early this morning that the game is laggy as hell.

Not going to score the game on this, but so far ... extremely bad of course. Going back to The Secret World (which had a 10/10 launch) for a while, but itching to try GW2 ( though I don't think I will like the cartoony "little mouse characters" things, but we'll see). I loved gw1 to bits, but have a bad feeling about gw2 - especially now after tsw launch.

The reason TSW probably had a better launch was because no one bought it.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by Otashi
    May the trollers, whiners, impatient ragers and all that kind of people rot in hell, seriously we don't want your kind of people in if you don't like it don't buy it and go play TSW...

Rot in hell?  Wow, Otashi, that's a nice sentiment...Very compassionate.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    No lag no problem with anything ...NA server
  • everlandeverland Member Posts: 71
    Who would take seriously someone who says "GW2 launch is a failure", because it is not working for him? It's sounds so childish.
  • MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

called a friend to mock him a little (he's a guildwars fan) and he is mad as hell about a "horrendous lag" as he put it.

Seems like trouble in paradise?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Misaris

called a friend to mock him a little (he's a guildwars fan) and he is mad as hell about a "horrendous lag" as he put it.

Seems like trouble in paradise?

Good try ...the friend part gives it away

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Had no problems logging in, character creating and just generally playing.  Was a few bit of lag spikes here and there, but overall, best MMO launch yet.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    No problems patching, no problems logging in, no lag in the slightest for me...
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

It's 43 minute now after launch and still the same though, but still far from calling it a failure though....I think they should award us some free play time!!!!!

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Well, cannot log in still :(