Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly fee?

Greetings.

I have not played this game before and was looking to download it but at the top is says $17.99 a month, is this right?  I have had a watch of the gameplay vids and it does look very dated, why is it $17.99 a month, am I missing something, do you get something incredible for that massive price?  I have to tell you I am not even going to try it at that price, tell me it's a missprint and it's $7.99 or something.

Cheers

Comments

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

No, you aren't mistaken. This game is seriously $18 when going the month-by-month route. However you can purchase the 'plans' instead (e.g. 3 month, 6 month, 12 month) which will be much cheaper in the long run (though I honestly can't find the page for these listing but for 12 months it's $60).

I'd recommend just giving the trial a go and see how you like it. Yeah, the $18 price tag will still be there when you're finished but maybe you would enjoy it enough to bite the bullet and get a locked in plan.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Unless you want to be locked into a cell phone type contract you have to pay through the nose, theres about 40 people on Axis side at the moment so its not worth 18$, but dont take my word for it, please make a trial and judge yourself ;)
  • XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43

We have recently introduced new pricing plans, one of which is FREE PLAY mode.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/about-the-game/plans-a-pricing

Our premium subscription is $17.99/mo on a month-month basis, but we do have a 12 month plan for $12.99/mo ($25 early termination fee).

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by XOOM-CRS

We have recently introduced new pricing plans, one of which is FREE PLAY mode.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/about-the-game/plans-a-pricing

Our premium subscription is $17.99/mo on a month-month basis, but we do have a 12 month plan for $12.99/mo ($25 early termination fee).

And this explains WHY the game is dead. =(

I have commented on a few threads regarding this game- Unfortunatley I was never able to experience any sort of population since the game was DEAD virtually all the time. I WANTED to love the game, thought the concept was cool and would have loved to Sub as a SECOND GAME but the price was...Insane what they were asking.

Honestly a $5- $8.00 monthly is what this game is worth- And the population would grow. $17.99 for a game this old is total greed and a total rip off. Locking someone in with a "cancelation fee"  for A YEAR to pay 12.99 monthly is laughable.

Cool game- Poorly managed.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Cool game- Poorly managed.

Sums it up right there.

So much crap, so little quality.

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Amen.
  • N1ckMN1ckM Member Posts: 8

The game can certainly feel dead if you aren't in the place where all the action is, it can be tricky for new players to find the right place so be sure to ask other players in game where the action is and how to get there, once you understand things a bit better, action and other players are never far away.

Try the game using a free account, join an active squad and you will enjoy the game.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by N1ckM

The game can certainly feel dead if you aren't in the place where all the action is, it can be tricky for new players to find the right place so be sure to ask other players in game where the action is and how to get there, once you understand things a bit better, action and other players are never far away.

Try the game using a free account, join an active squad and you will enjoy the game.

It can certainly feel dead when there arent that many players.  And with only a couple of active AOs (only one at the moment.) you can easily see where all the players are going to be.  Nothing tricky about it.