Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck at confirming character name - shall i restart game or continue trying?

IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Greetings.

As forums are still closed on officlal site, going to ask here. I made my character, had fine tuned everything in the appearance, now after i input name, i have a long wait and then some error pops like "cannot connect to login server" or "network error" or something.

If someone experienced this and got through - could you please tell me, is it worth to continue trying to confirm my name, or do i have to restart the game and do it all over again?

Thanks!

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    login servers died, A.net have to fix them. You cannot do nothing about it.
  • roscorosco Member Posts: 51
    Spam enter at the last step
  • Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    give it some time, so many people logging all at once will cause servers to run slow
  • You need the log in servers to be up in order to continue.

They aren't up.

There is a chance if they go back up then you will be able to continue. There is also a chance that you will just get booted. There is also a chance that you will continue to be stuck and never know.

If you restart, at least you will know whether or not the servers are up when you try.

Still can't get on myself.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    If someone'd tell me when login servers get up, i'd appreaciate it. Meanwhile i'll try to bash the 10/10 step :) Thanks for info!
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

happened to me, i just kept trying, it eventually worked, no need to start character creation all over again. just keep clicking next.

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114

I haven't even bothered trying to log in yet, waiting for the crowds (lag) to move on a bit, i'll give it a go in 3 or 4 hours.

I've been waiting 5 years what's another few hours, plus it's an awesome day outside and I probly wont see much sunshine over the next few days/weeks :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by IstrebiteI
    If someone'd tell me when login servers get up, i'd appreaciate it. Meanwhile i'll try to bash the 10/10 step :) Thanks for info!

Keep looking at https://twitter.com/GuildWars2 for updates.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Now New Character Limit Exceeded... wtf?
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

From GW2 Twitter

Hey all: we're investigating reported issues with login servers. ^RB

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom