Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Time Desk Preperation

2»

Comments

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by heartless
    These last 3-6 hours will be a complete torture...

tell me about it, plus the time I will take in the character creator, I may not even make it to the intro

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Drevar
    Well, he didn't say it was good vodka..might be Smirnoff, LOL.

lol nothing wrong with a bit of Smirnoff once in a while. It's Absolut though.

enjoying ciroc atm.. always have good sales for it at the exchange on base so ends up being same price as absolute

ciroc is lovely, though I only drink the red berry. I'd rather have a nice bottle of jameson or some rye though.... that brown liquor <3

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Originally posted by Schoeneck93

Guys... vodka DOESN'T free because of the high alcohol content component.

Fail.

That's why you do it. It only chills it.

obviously it doesn't freeze but vodka isn't 100% liquor so some stuff in the bottle does freeze.. honestly most people don't notice but it can effect the taste of the liquor.

I wish more people would follow the above advice.  It's become very trendy and common in the West to chill vodka in the freezer in, oh, say, the last 20 years or so.  It's also become trendy to put some sort of flavoring in it.  

But back in the 90s I went to live and work in Russia for a while (the land of vodka), and they thought the idea of chilling vodka and adding flavoring was abhorrent!  I learned to taste why they were correct.

Room temperature Stoli for the win.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Got my 90 Shilling

All I need. Probably should watch how much I drink though before I actually start playing :P

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Oyjord

Fail.

obviously it doesn't freeze but vodka isn't 100% liquor so some stuff in the bottle does freeze.. honestly most people don't notice but it can effect the taste of the liquor.

I wish more people would follow the above advice.  It's become very trendy and common in the West to chill vodka in the freezer in, oh, say, the last 20 years or so.  It's also become trendy to put some sort of flavoring in it.  

But back in the 90s I went to live and work in Russia for a while (the land of vodka), and they thought the idea of chilling vodka and adding flavoring was abhorrent!  I learned to taste why they were correct.

^ speaks the truth.. although i don't mind the flavored vodkas.. well at least some of them

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Got my 90 Shilling

All I need. Probably should watch how much I drink though before I actually start playing :P

lol yea would be horrible to pass out and wake up tomorow morning  and miss the launch:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Fail.

Got 2 Absolut and a Finlandia in the freezer for almost year and they're not frozen.

• Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Drevar
    Well, he didn't say it was good vodka..might be Smirnoff, LOL.

lol nothing wrong with a bit of Smirnoff once in a while. It's Absolut though.

enjoying ciroc atm.. always have good sales for it at the exchange on base so ends up being same price as absolute

Ciroc is nice. I got really sick of it once (crazy night), so I can't look at anymore lol.

same with tequila for me

I gag if I'm even in the same room as Southern Comfort.  Got sick on it 15 years ago and the thought still makes me gag

OT:  Just chillin :)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Fail.

Funny because I'm originally from Ukraine and most Russians I know freeze chill their vodka.

Real Russians/Ukrainians don't drink vodka for the taste, we drink it for the vodka. =P

My great aunt used to infuse vodka with cranberries, I was too young to drink it back then but my mother told me that it was the best vodka she ever tasted.

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121

LOL I leave my thread for half an hour and poof its about vodka <_<. =P

Needless to say - usually I love beer when I play. But I prefer to play like that when I am familiar with a game and just going through the motions (dailies, farming, crafting, etc). In new situations I like to stay sharp ;).

Originally posted by Precusor

Fail.

Got 2 Absolut and a Finlandia in the freezer for almost year and they're not frozen.

don't think you read the post obviously it doesn't freeze

Originally posted by Spartan212

I gag if I'm even in the same room as Southern Comfort.  Got sick on it 15 years ago and the thought still makes me gag

OT:  Just chillin :)

Yeah...in my young days the first time I ever kicked an entire bottle was SC. Used to be my drink. Due to the fact that I felt like death would be better than how I felt the following day I can now also not even stomach the smell of SC. Even if it is mixed.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I think it would be hilarious if everyone in this thread got too heavy handed with the booze from anxiety and got too sloshed to play by the time game rolls out. :)
  • Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55

Fail.

Funny because I'm originally from Ukraine and most Russians I know freeze chill their vodka.

Real Russians/Ukrainians don't drink vodka for the taste, we drink it for the vodka. =P

My great aunt used to infuse vodka with cranberries, I was too young to drink it back then but my mother told me that it was the best vodka she ever tasted.

The fact that the vodka resides in Ukraine means that it's automatically freeze-chilled.  I kid, I kid

Originally posted by benit59
    I think it would be hilarious if everyone in this thread got too heavy handed with the booze from anxiety and got too sloshed to play by the time game rolls out. :)

I gotta be honest. Wouldn't be the first time I fucked up like that and missed an engagement XD

At least this one wouldn't piss anyone else off.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Not much room on my desk lol..... ;)

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Not much of a liquor drinker, but I do have some Balzams in case of emergency.  Stuff'll wake anyone up from a coma. On the other hand, I have quite a few gallons of nicely aged mead. :)
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by benit59

That's why I'm being patient and not drinking until the game is playable.