Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning: Avoid this game.

2»

Comments

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

This must be the new trend.

Take anyone who says something bad about a game and call him a whiner, if he somehow manages to prove himself  honest then act as if you didin´t read the answer and keep saying the same thing all the other trolls are, because we all hate whiners and bashing them allows you to join the cool, mature crew, does it not?

So yeah, i want in too : "liek omg, you pleed 5 years liek whi ddin´t je quit befoar"

M i cool enough now?

Rawr.

• RangerIXRangerIX Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by WraithHunter

Originally posted by Cathmor

Face of Mankind has a long history (5+ years now), a history I've had both the privilege and misfortune of witnessing and experiencing as a player. If you're looking for a new game to try, there are a few things you need to know abour the state of Face of Mankind as it is today.

The game has a single developer working on it. In some cases this would not be a problem but in the case of duplex (the single developer) it is a very large problem and hindrance to this game being even remotely fun. Over the last year or so since FoM was restarted, duplex has done little in the way of innovation or patching (patches often come every 2-3 weeks to even 1 month at times, ignoring the community when it comes to necessary balancing issues and simple tweaks needed to fix the game), but what he has done is set the game up so you are forced to pay monthly to have the few perks that make the game remotely playable. Along with this, duplex frequently implements over powered items into the game for players willing to pay money for them, further ruining the gaming experience.

90% of the things FoM needs, duplex cannot do himself because his skills are so sorely limited. Most things require him to outsource the work and hire someone else to do it, which he won't/can't do.

duplex has also stated that he views this game as a "hobby" and therefore can neglect it as much as he wants to/feels like, despite the fact he is charging players money for many aspects of this "neglected hobby".

Finally, duplex in conjunction with neXeon (forum/billing administrators) refuses to listen to any criticism about his decisions and they have recently begun banning popular members of the forums (such as myself) for doing nothing but offering constructive criticism. These bannings are occuring without warnings or forum infractions and afterwards no reason is given for the bannings (because no forum rules were broken, they have no justifiable reason). This is purely player abuse on their part.

Face of Mankind is dying and you will only be allowing yourself to be exploited if you choose to play this game and pay duplex/neXeon your money. Avoid it. You can do better.

I've spent 5+ years playing this game, being an active part of the community as a role player/suggestion maker/moderator and I've given hundreds of dollars to the developer over the years. In the end, I was banned for no reason simply for criticizing the developer constructively. Everything I've written here is the complete and sad truth.

So basically Cathmor was interested enough in the game that he played quite actively AND joined the forums (are you guys active on the forums of games you wouldn't recomend?), and when he was kicked out (probably because he's such a nice troll) he comes to mmorpg.com to cry.

Your post Cathmor actually made me curious in the game.

You're awful, try never posting again.

• Originally posted by Justley3

I totally agree with you on that, Wraith.

This kid is signed up for over 2 years and now decides to post just whining about a game. Pitiful.

Do the world a favor and learn to read, it's an incredibly helpful skill that makes you seem like less of an idiot.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by Latella

This must be the new trend.

Take anyone who says something bad about a game and call him a whiner, if he somehow manages to prove himself  honest then act as if you didin´t read the answer and keep saying the same thing all the other trolls are, because we all hate whiners and bashing them allows you to join the cool, mature crew, does it not?

So yeah, i want in too : "liek omg, you pleed 5 years liek whi ddin´t je quit befoar"

M i cool enough now?

I do not know here boss, bad information is usually supported with reference or some kind of back up rather than personal expereince after ban. A trend that I see is that a player supports  a game after five years, four of which are all about the game getting worse except the first year of greatness. Ok, so the first year was great, then without any reference or support the OP indicates it continues to go down hill as he experiences. Not uncommon but after the reported ban the game is not trash, or he played trash for four years, and decides to tell everyone how messed up the game is. Personaly, I enjoy information regarding games, good and bad, saves me much time and money, I am just saying  that calling a game should be accompained with support or reference other than "do not play this game." Furtheremrore, the game will crash and burn in time as the company decides which path to take in this game, but i see nothing wrong with addressing a player who reports a bad game without some kind of support/reference.

• JacobsJacobs Member Posts: 1

Face of Mankind has a long history (5+ years now), a history I've had both the privilege and misfortune of witnessing and experiencing as a player. If you're looking for a new game to try, there are a few things you need to know abour the state of Face of Mankind as it is today.

The game has a single developer working on it. In some cases this would not be a problem but in the case of duplex (the single developer) it is a very large problem and hindrance to this game being even remotely fun. Over the last year or so since FoM was restarted, duplex has done little in the way of innovation or patching (patches often come every 2-3 weeks to even 1 month at times, ignoring the community when it comes to necessary balancing issues and simple tweaks needed to fix the game), but what he has done is set the game up so you are forced to pay monthly to have the few perks that make the game remotely playable. Along with this, duplex frequently implements over powered items into the game for players willing to pay money for them, further ruining the gaming experience.

90% of the things FoM needs, duplex cannot do himself because his skills are so sorely limited. Most things require him to outsource the work and hire someone else to do it, which he won't/can't do.

duplex has also stated that he views this game as a "hobby" and therefore can neglect it as much as he wants to/feels like, despite the fact he is charging players money for many aspects of this "neglected hobby".

Finally, duplex in conjunction with neXeon (forum/billing administrators) refuses to listen to any criticism about his decisions and they have recently begun banning popular members of the forums (such as myself) for doing nothing but offering constructive criticism. These bannings are occuring without warnings or forum infractions and afterwards no reason is given for the bannings (because no forum rules were broken, they have no justifiable reason). This is purely player abuse on their part.

Face of Mankind is dying and you will only be allowing yourself to be exploited if you choose to play this game and pay duplex/neXeon your money. Avoid it. You can do better.

I've spent 5+ years playing this game, being an active part of the community as a role player/suggestion maker/moderator and I've given hundreds of dollars to the developer over the years. In the end, I was banned for no reason simply for criticizing the developer constructively. Everything I've written here is the complete and sad truth.

We miss you Cathmor :(

• TimMorganTimMorgan Member Posts: 2

Well, after Cathmor and me had a short discussion about his ban from the FoM forums, he directed me to this thread. Although I joined Face of Mankind in late 2009, I was very active on the forums, became a semi-popular member of the community, and was part of many movements that attempted to "fix the game". Either way, after two months already, I got to know many parts of how FoM used to be in the era around 2005, when I sadly didn't know the game yet. Very soon I began understanding the "veterans" and from time to time felt a bit like one of them, although I never was one. I played this game with a few two-week-breaks, when the game simply was no fun because it was the same shit over and over again.

About six weeks ago I stopped playing, because the game resulted in one huge Team Deathmatch, factions vs factions. This was for sure not the player-driven MMORPG I saw in my early days, and even less what it used to be. A recent patch introduced new OP items, and a bunch of other stuff for paying members, with only one thing that tried to fix a slight aspect of the combat system (which is ridiculous regarding the fact that the game should be centered around RPG, rather than the combat) instead of trying to fix the main problems, that result in the mass of combat, mass of warfare. I replied to the thread, stating that I would finally leave the game, because obviously they were more focused on retrieving treasures out of the sinking ship, rather than fixing the holes in its hull. Two days after I posted that, I logged into the forums in order to read through some suggestions by other players, doing the stuff I always do on the forums: Trying to find points where Duplex can fix it, what was needed to save the game.

I was banned from the forums for one year with the reason "SPAM, Harassment, Trolling". That was all I was told, nothing else. I agreed that I am a troll, and that I don't always stay very constructive, yet I could in no way check what exactly the post(s) were they referred to, since I had no access anymore. On the newly redesigned forum support system (another ridiculous thing ... A mass of bans is handed out for criticism, and the forums admin focuses on a new support system (whilst I must say, he has nothing to do with the failure of the game, it's just ... ironic)) I opened up a ticket, asking for a clear reason what happened. The response I got - same goes for Cathmor btw - was that the Forums Admin couldn't find anything in the marked post that would warrant a one year ban - not even any ban. We both got unbanned therefore, yet it is obvious that there is harsh censorship going on, about anything that is criticising the game in whatever way.

To clarify this whole thing again: Noone here is whining about being banned or the game being shit. What we say is simply, that this game used to be by far better, but an egocentric dev keeps making it worse and worse, while we need to pay for things that make the game enjoyable and give players the chance to "do" something about the game. The subscription currently isn't worth the money and the ignorance of the development and merchandise staff are insane.

TimMorgan

• SroekSroek Member Posts: 87

Game's already dead. Post MS1 was still bearable but the current state of the game not only has a piss poor community but also an imbalanced game in and of itself. What we have now is not FoM, it's a virtual chatroom with rampant scumbaggery.

• TimMorganTimMorgan Member Posts: 2

And massive, useless warfare.

• SchlumpfsackSchlumpfsack Member Posts: 3

Hi Tim :)

i am still banned for two years and they still gave me no reason for it.

Game , censorship, developer and publisher (if you can call NeXeon a publisher) are aweful.

• not to mention the fact that a neXeon employee is insecure about his shady past, and banned two members for around a week for mentioning it. He also deleted their neXeon website accounts so they were unable to buy premium membership. This ties into the private message he sent to Cathmor, stating the reason for Cathmor's ban was for saying something about deterring people from paying for the game. The aforementioned employee said this was unacceptable, turning him into what we all know as a "hypocrite."

(aw shit he's gonna ban me now)

• Python9066Python9066 Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Renoaku

Honestly LED, and FDC have the best Leadership, the others have really no Leadership.

I played FDC and saw the faction leader online twice in 2 months, my clnnies who were online in his timezone and played when I didn't saw him ingame maybe once. They spent all their time playing world of tanks or space station 13 and logged on to dish out punishments probably to make themselves feel better after being pwned in the other games they were playing.

I tried to initiate a no confidence vote on the forums and got capital demoted by him (lose all rank/level and lose all xp you ever made) then got fined (lost most money I'd made and increased penalty points) then I got prived (can't work off penalty points = perma death), couldn't change faction despite being subbed because if you still have gear on the yukon you're perma FDC.

I complained to the GMs but most of them are faction leaders and friends with the other faction leaders so they told me to STFU. I complained to Duplex and he blew me off and gave me a false address and telephone number. I complained to Nexeon, they wanted to help but just don't know what to do about it.

Ultimately it meant I'd wasted about $50 on that game when I could have got the same shitty experience for free. People said to join another faction but to be honest after being treated like utter shit by GMs, DEVs and the publisher I'd rather burn the money than give it to them. In fact I'd give the cash to smedley rather than let those scum have a single dime from me!

FoM logo should be "FoM where you're forced to eat a shit sandwich and smile!"

1)  The people that were playing World of Tanks and Space Station 13 were not FDC leadership

2)  You and your friends didnt just try and start a no confidence vote, you tried to start a rebellion within the ranks of FDC.  You were told many many many time, just contact a GM and if they think you have a case they will start it.  Once its started people cant get punished or saying if they think its right.

3)  You dont need privs to work off your penalty points..

4) All you had to do was contact a GM and they would have given you privs back to move your stuff off the Yukon.  Or could have asked a HC member if they could restore privs for you to remove your items

5)  Most of the faction leaders are not GMs, and most faction leaders cant stand one another

6) Well thats Duplex for you.

7) Nexeon have GM powers and could have done something for you, odds are they couldnt be assed.

8)  If a game has a free option/trail its your own fault for not using that first to find out if you like a game or not before paying for it.

9)  The GMs/Dev/Publisers are only good at treating us like shite.

Yes FoM is shite, I had been playing from pre-MS1 (2005).

In this "new FoM" I had worked my way back up to rank7 (top rank) of the FDC and was running the faction just fine with the other rank7 and the rest of the HC (rank 5-6), when one day a member of staff from Nexeon (publisher) came in to our faction chat and tried to start problem between the lower ranks and HC.  When that didnt work he went on to inform everyone in faction chat that, no matter what they were going to make it so the FDC HC had a higher turn over so that the lower rank would think they had a better chance of getting in to the HC and would sub to the game cus of it (you need to p2p to get rank5+).

Within 4 weeks ever faction leader in the game got together and started an player rankRP event to remove an inactive senate and replace it with a new one.  Everything was going to fine till GM informed people that if they carried on with the actions they would end up losing rank or banned, so many dropped out.  They then turned round and tried to pin all this on the FDC HC and set about removed ever member of the FDC HC and 90% of the rank4 (demoted them to rank and banned them from being promoted).  The CM informed us that they saw the senate as a selling point and would not allow it to removed no matter how bad it was going and not matter how many people wanted it gone.  Later on we found out that the CM had talked to one of the FDC rank7 and told him "We just want people that were HC back in old open beta gone and if you blame it all on them you will be fine" we also found out that the CM was a player back from OOB and had history with old HC.  Anyone that tried to tell the players about this got put in a fourm group that removed posting rights, but as it was not a ban they didnt have to give reseons for it or give a date whent hey would be removed.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

I can testify that the game is indeed junky. The developer has a short-sighted vision and no back bone. Pretty much changes whatever the 12 year olds on the forum whine about. Population is next to nothing, the chat system is terrible, game mechanics have slowly devlovled into a super ninja version of Quake.

• MadDogWestMadDogWest Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by seabeast

Originally posted by seabeast

I have not played the game myself but I will be looking at it. Your post has a couple of....issues that you may want to consider. First, you are a player of five years in the same game and just now have decided that "you have experienced misfortune" while playing. This leaves one to ask, "he played the game for 5 misfortunate years?" a little odd for a gamer. I mean to hang out for five years in a game experiencing such misfortune is a little...excessive, whouldn't you say? I mean, the information of this one developer making a game he considers a hobby is nothing new. That is, for five years you participated in a "remotely playable" game recieving patches that the developer purposely avoided any concept of making the game better. Certainly, this dedication to a game should be commended, I have a hard time maintianing any game that long.

Furthermore, you remain in the forums community as a participate knowing full well of their reported actions of "not listening to the players" where you know that this companies aledged abusive behavior is being conducted...for five years. And now that you have been banned for a self-reported "nothing" but constructive advice, the game is dying. This added to the reported fact that you have spent hundreds of dollars, to be abused, may lead readers to consider this a rage posting. Or, you like to spend your time, money and efforts in a game that shows....little promise.

Like I said, it wasn't always bad. Most us stuck around in the hopes that it would one day return to the "golden age" we all experienced and were hooked on originally. It really was a truly unique and amazing experience during the first year back in 2005. It has gone through several different stages, the last year or so being the latest once after the game was canceled for a short while.

I've always been a part of the community working to try and make the game better as well as help the community (taking down abusive moderators, encouraging role play, leadership roles, being a moderator myself for a sort while, etc). I stuck around despite the increasing amount of player abuse to stand up for the community and call it out in an educated and polite way every chance I could.

I'm in no way trying to make a rage post, just offer my story and a warning about what has happened to this game and its community. I hope that clears it up for you a bit more.

Just sharing the observation sir, did you during the 4 years of hell, ever attempt to tell others of its state as a moderators officer, role playing adviser or moderator? Or , decide that today was the day you needed to report the game as...barely playable?

Absolutely. I've spent the last year very actively attempting to better things within the community. I'm only stepping out to sites like MMORPG.com now because things have gotten so bad that players like myself have been forced out of the community with surprise bans due to our criticisms of the problems.

To put it simply, the situation has become a hopeless one to the majority of the Face of Mankind community and we're now reaching out to warn others about it.

Worth noting that Cathmor was a leading member of the community, a moderator, a direct advisor to our RP organizers... and in trying to post said opinions and suggestions about the game (again, comign from a five year player, someone who should know what the game needs)... was banned for speaking out.

A paying customer, banned for explaining how the game was going to shit. This game has a long way to come before any of you should invest your time or money into it.

• KaethanKaethan Member Posts: 1

I will have my opinion in sections for the ease of reading.

Gameplay : I was introduced to this game by a friend(5 months ago) and I was instantly addicted to the action of the game and being overwhelmed by how complicated it was at the start. I quickly realized that it was impossible to play this game without buying Premium because this game has features to annoy the truck out of you so you stop being retarded and either quit the game or buy premium. After that, the more I started to learn about this game the less interested I became as there is so little to this game and with effort  the mindless "eco"  is easily mastered. Within 2 months I had more money than 97%(A very accurate estimate based on how many people whined they were broke) of my faction (3.85mil UC) Guess what - The money is completely useless.

I really have nothing to say about the combat as it's just as generic as any combat system you can get with a trash booster system and armor that becomes ineffective and [b]HAS[/b] to be replaced after FIVE seconds of combat or you're already at a HUGE disadvantage.

Colony battles aren't even worth mentioning as it's just see who can get the biggest squad on whatever time you trigger a final battle with numerous free alts suiciding off edges or to the enemy faction trying to take the colony,and watch your faction not give two shits because they are outnumbered and lose without trying.  These things are so broke it's not even fun to fight in them.

The imaginary roleplay factor it says it has: This is the biggest joke of roleplay I've ever seen in a game. I would consider me playing as [insert generic hero from game here] more roleplaying than this game has to offer. There is supposed to be multiple factions within this game that have several roles yet none of them ever followed what they were meant to do on paper, NONE. The only one in my time of playing whom even ATTEMPTED to try to follow these was the Brotherhood of Shadows. Nobody takes this game seriously anymore and it might as well be labeled Trollplay rather than Roleplay. I think if I wanted to play an FPS where the goal is to Kill people, die, respawn, die, kill, respawn, and then tell the people I killed or died to "n00b u sux l2p get good gg"  I would of just installed Counterstrike. Thats all this game boils down to now.

Development: Development for this game goes at the speed of snail. There has been ZILCH new features to this game besides removement of a feature (cone of fire) in the time I played. It was just a bunch of balancing that did absoutly nothing for the game but make it so that people whom have yet to realize that there is no goal to this game enjoy it more.

The forums: There are more people that browse the forums and take part in them rather than play this game. There is even 2 nice terms made by the community for these type of people: "Forums of Mankind" , and "Forum Warriors" I consider these players to be the real players of the game as it's the people whom have realized this game has became utter trash. I think if this game was shutdown and premium features were added to the forums there would be more income to this company because of the forums being more entertaining than the game.

Overall, TL;DR: I played for around 3 months total and was totally involved with my faction(Brotherhood of Shadows) during this time. The only thing that kept me playing for longer than a week was my friend and the community I had became attached to during that time. The combat system is nothing special, money is useless, roleplay is trollplay, complete lack of features besides what I already listed, and no goal in sight to be reached besides see who can be the most popular with the community.

The only thing keeping this game alive is the current community and once they are all banned for giving their opinion and how to fix things; this game is dead and gone. Stay away from this game until the Developer, and publisher A: Get their head out of their ass B. Sell the game.

• KingSanchoKingSancho Member Posts: 1

yep... the posts above pretty much hit it on the mark.

• BrooklynKiddBrooklynKidd Member Posts: 2

Damn, I miss this game yo.. Shit used to be soo good till they fucked it up man.

• MeathamMeatham Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by WraithHunter

So basically Cathmor was interested enough in the game that he played quite actively AND joined the forums (are you guys active on the forums of games you wouldn't recomend?), and when he was kicked out (probably because he's such a nice troll) he comes to mmorpg.com to cry.

Your post Cathmor actually made me curious in the game.

I read this post.. and my only legit response was "Go play it."   Which kind of made me crack up.  I feel like there should be a better way to tell someone not to play it.  lol 50% to 80% guaranteed chance your opinion of the game would have been much worse than Cathmors opinion if you had played it.  It was a niche game from the very beginning.. and the only thing that ever made it fun was the freedom and the community.

I haven't even played it in,seems like, a year.. even before all of the updates these guys are complaining about.  But the community got so fucking annoying and unbalanced with it's internet meme to intelligent conversation ratio that it was completely unbearable to continue.  Cause, you know, the game is basically just a cardboard box with guns in it.. and nothing else.

• WillBrindWillBrind Member Posts: 5

Reading Cathmors comments reminded me of an article on the catastrophic failure of APB – 2010’s most widely anticipated MMO. It is remarkable how similar the story is to Face of Mankind.

APB had a very good premise – a mmo take on GTA. However, after a period of 5 years of misguided development, and a head-in-the-sand attitude to criticism of the game’s fatal flaws, particularly the combat system, a broken game was finally delivered, followed swiftly by commercial collapse of APB.

It sad that Face of Mankind, after 5 years of lacklustre development and  community mismanagement, has slowly been converted from a rough diamond into a polished turd, destined to suffer the same fate as APB. 

Regarding a previous posters response that the OP was "without evidence", I find it very hard to see how much clearer evidence could be given. The OP has played the game at the highest level for 5 years, and gave a clear account of the series of events that made the game poor to the point of unplayable. Short of screenshots of the events happening, I do not see what could have been provided as further "evidence".

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by Python9066

Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Renoaku

Honestly LED, and FDC have the best Leadership, the others have really no Leadership.

I played FDC and saw the faction leader online twice in 2 months, my clnnies who were online in his timezone and played when I didn't saw him ingame maybe once. They spent all their time playing world of tanks or space station 13 and logged on to dish out punishments probably to make themselves feel better after being pwned in the other games they were playing.

I tried to initiate a no confidence vote on the forums and got capital demoted by him (lose all rank/level and lose all xp you ever made) then got fined (lost most money I'd made and increased penalty points) then I got prived (can't work off penalty points = perma death), couldn't change faction despite being subbed because if you still have gear on the yukon you're perma FDC.

I complained to the GMs but most of them are faction leaders and friends with the other faction leaders so they told me to STFU. I complained to Duplex and he blew me off and gave me a false address and telephone number. I complained to Nexeon, they wanted to help but just don't know what to do about it.

Ultimately it meant I'd wasted about $50 on that game when I could have got the same shitty experience for free. People said to join another faction but to be honest after being treated like utter shit by GMs, DEVs and the publisher I'd rather burn the money than give it to them. In fact I'd give the cash to smedley rather than let those scum have a single dime from me!

FoM logo should be "FoM where you're forced to eat a shit sandwich and smile!"

1)  The people that were playing World of Tanks and Space Station 13 were not FDC leadership

2)  You and your friends didnt just try and start a no confidence vote, you tried to start a rebellion within the ranks of FDC.  You were told many many many time, just contact a GM and if they think you have a case they will start it.  Once its started people cant get punished or saying if they think its right.

3)  You dont need privs to work off your penalty points..

4) All you had to do was contact a GM and they would have given you privs back to move your stuff off the Yukon.  Or could have asked a HC member if they could restore privs for you to remove your items

5)  Most of the faction leaders are not GMs, and most faction leaders cant stand one another

6) Well thats Duplex for you.

7) Nexeon have GM powers and could have done something for you, odds are they couldnt be assed.

8)  If a game has a free option/trail its your own fault for not using that first to find out if you like a game or not before paying for it.

9)  The GMs/Dev/Publisers are only good at treating us like shite.

Yes FoM is shite, I had been playing from pre-MS1 (2005).

In this "new FoM" I had worked my way back up to rank7 (top rank) of the FDC and was running the faction just fine with the other rank7 and the rest of the HC (rank 5-6), when one day a member of staff from Nexeon (publisher) came in to our faction chat and tried to start problem between the lower ranks and HC.  When that didnt work he went on to inform everyone in faction chat that, no matter what they were going to make it so the FDC HC had a higher turn over so that the lower rank would think they had a better chance of getting in to the HC and would sub to the game cus of it (you need to p2p to get rank5+).

Within 4 weeks ever faction leader in the game got together and started an player rankRP event to remove an inactive senate and replace it with a new one.  Everything was going to fine till GM informed people that if they carried on with the actions they would end up losing rank or banned, so many dropped out.  They then turned round and tried to pin all this on the FDC HC and set about removed ever member of the FDC HC and 90% of the rank4 (demoted them to rank and banned them from being promoted).  The CM informed us that they saw the senate as a selling point and would not allow it to removed no matter how bad it was going and not matter how many people wanted it gone.  Later on we found out that the CM had talked to one of the FDC rank7 and told him "We just want people that were HC back in old open beta gone and if you blame it all on them you will be fine" we also found out that the CM was a player back from OOB and had history with old HC.  Anyone that tried to tell the players about this got put in a fourm group that removed posting rights, but as it was not a ban they didnt have to give reseons for it or give a date whent hey would be removed.

Good read and yes, i'd concur with Cathmoor / Schlumpf about what they have written about the game so far, game is shit, it is dying , and nexeon is still banning people without any reason, like me, i just got permanently banned a couple of days ago, for no reason at all, ingame and on forums, havent recieved any reason, so i filed a complaint with the BBB and i opened up contact to a lawyer to file a lawsuit to have them ruined, before i could ever get this far though.

Nexeon responded to the BBB complaint and are now giving me all my money back that i ever paid for premium + packages, this is for 2 accounts for around a year , both were premium.

Only thing i can think of is they might have been watching faction / private chats between people about what you are talking about, and oh despite whatever they say about rules, several of the GM's are lurking around on the different factions TS3 or Ventrilo, and despite the fact that your not supposed to be able to banned on something that happened on a third party program, like talking bout how shit FoM is, they perma ban you, just like that.

And my forum perma ban message was something like "mom allways told me to troll the trolls, u mad?" .....

Only shows me that other people shouldnt have any faith in Nexeon or Duplex.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

I've got to say, when I first played this game (during the end of 2009), I had an absolute blast with it. Yes, it was free to play, but I would have certainly paid money for it if they enhanced the graphics a bit and didn't add a bunch of cash shop items. The hyper competitive market system, extreme risk/reward factor that came along with piracy, and crazy mass PvP fights were unlike any other game I've played before. I can still remember rounding two or three other players, having us all run into a horde of miners from another faction, throwing a bunch of souped up grenades and trying to get back to the warp terminal without being gunned down in the process.

As it was I had to quit due to the game massively interfering with my academics. It's a shame that the game has taken a downturn though.

• LanceDNALanceDNA Member Posts: 4

Back when it was beta... things where so kick ass. Slowly and steadily, the game plumeted. Seriously couldnt take it... someone mentioned that currently the game is like a virtual chatroom? (or something like that)... honestly, its been like that for years... lol.

Left the game when it went purely P2P, tried paying for it once... regreted it. When it turned F2P, tried it a few times and omg... it was horrible.

Don't get me wrong guys, I really love the game, its concepts and all. Ive always felt that the game could be done so well that it would be The next big online game to emerge. Sadly, it will never happened. The moment i heard the news that the game was going P2P, i knew it wouldnt last long.

When it turned F2P, i thought theyd finally done something right... but they screwed the gameplay.

Look at those mmo's out there with micro-payments? They are doing well don't you think? Ah well...

Tried to get in touch with FoM again... and came to this thread to see that it has really gotten worse. Good riddance, tbh...

To those who think of trying this game... don't bother.

- in all honesty

• shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    you're such a whiner and you make no valid point, ya make me WANT to try the game, TY
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Please don't necro old threads.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.