Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW monthly content update #2 pushed back to september 11

Originally dated for August 28th.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=56169

it's a tough time right now, feel bad for Ragnar and co. i'm sure that they will all eventually bounce back, or find new jobs quickly.

Comments

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

It is nice that they are keeping us informed. EA/Bioware would have never given us a date and said it was all intended :) The honesty from Funcom has been really refreshing.

Also with MoP and GW2 having thier big days, it would be nice to see Issue 2 get its own spotlight on gaming forums and not be overshadowed by their news. 

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

In one respect perhaps they are finally starting to see some sense.   GW2 launches on the 28th, whatever Funcom did they would always be overshadowed.   Much better to release/hype the content a little later.  

In another respect haven't they broke their original commitment to release monthly content? Knowing Funcom this is probably the start of a downward trend.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    And here is where it starts lol, gl getting those monthly updates every month. Funcom never fails to dissapoint.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well since they were doing it Aug 28th, in a panic, because they were scared of GW2.....

Does this mean that they are no longer scared?!

I think its a good game, needs more content, and it may suffer the themepark curse....Cant put content out fast enough, if they don't create some long/boring daily point/token grind to get gear or something else....I think the exp. gain was a little fast, but it being slower would not of done too much.

Plan on playing it and GW2.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96
    no need for such aggressive behavior.

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223

The really sad part of this whole thing is that people lost their jobs, an already overworked staff, has to work even harder, to keep a bunch of unappreciative jerks content. I for one pay a monthly sub to the game and will contiue to do so, greed got the best of video gaming, Funcom is just one example.

It is unbelievable the amount of selfishness that exists today, shame on those who hope for misfortune on another human being. I hope that you won't find yourself in the same position, as those at Funcom.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by fallenlords

In one respect perhaps they are finally starting to see some sense.   GW2 launches on the 28th, whatever Funcom did they would always be overshadowed.   Much better to release/hype the content a little later.  

In another respect haven't they broke their original commitment to release monthly content? Knowing Funcom this is probably the start of a downward trend.

well, the Issue #2 is 3 times bigger than issue #1 was, actually it is almost 5 times bigger, it changes Lair areas, PvP, the Abillity systen, Character Customization, new quests, 2 new Nightmare Dungeons, balance changes and some stuff that I forgot.

if you consider the content on the first update as base, this update would be like 2 months worthy of updates at minimun.

I have no Idea why the Issue #2 update have such disparity in content. but if they manage to deliver it at september 11, I will be more than happy with the flow of new content they are giving.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

1.2 would have been a disaster going Tuesday.  We had it on the test server for like 3 days before it got yanked for 1.1.3 testing that took over a week.

1.2 just got back on testlive today and would be nowhere near ready by Tuesday. It was a good move to delay it rather than rush it (since a portion of QA probably got hit).

As a previous poster mentioned it's got a ton more changes than 1.1 did with char creation changes, lair changes, new nightmares (that people can actually test with the new FATE that opens nightmare access), the new missions (which aren't available for testing yet), bug fixes, Fusang changes, etc.

No worries here.  Sad to see people getting their rocks off hoping for games to fail on this forum.

• J-icepdJ-icepd Member Posts: 23

I have just started in transylvania, and have tons of quest to go. This delay  was a little set set back, but as long as the quality is the main focus it okay. After reduing the staff this delay was not a suprise either. Stay focus funcom -the game i great and will rise in the future

• vitamindyvitamindy Member Posts: 4
    I've been playing since early access, and still currently at Blue Mountain. I'm not really worried about the delay, there's still a lot of content for me to go through. I'm guessing the people who will be most affected are the ones who blazed through the game since launch. 

Error Quest - Games, Geekery and Goofiness - My webcomic/blog/TSW fansite

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    And it starts. So from monthy updates now u have 1.5 month updates? then what? every 3 months? I just hope that this is the one time only. Time will tell.
  • KaazKaaz Member Posts: 18

it seems they are still aiming to hit the original date for issue 3, im a fan of TSW but its a bold move i must admit to try to get issue 3 out so quickly. if they can manage it kudos to them though ^^.

issue 2 delay is dissapointing, but you deal with it, move on, and wait 2 weeks longer for a huge update. its not an epic deal considering whats gone on at Funcom recently.

• HiHoEskimoHiHoEskimo Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Awww, was looking forward to Tuesday because of this! Oh well, will now look forward to Spet. 11!
  • rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Kaaz

it seems they are still aiming to hit the original date for issue 3, im a fan of TSW but its a bold move i must admit to try to get issue 3 out so quickly. if they can manage it kudos to them though ^^.

issue 2 delay is dissapointing, but you deal with it, move on, and wait 2 weeks longer for a huge update. its not an epic deal considering whats gone on at Funcom recently.

I think the biggest problen with issue #2 was that they tried to put too much content in this update.

anyway, if they manage to deliver the issue #3 on time like Ragnar stated on Twiter, it is going to be like they never delayed anything since we would have the same amount of content as if nothing was delayed.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Not good timing and it looks like a clear ploy to keep players subbed for a third month. Many players will not subscribe knowing FC are unable to deliver on their monthly update promises if they are missing the boat already on only the second one and are laying off staff. This following the joke that was the AH...probably the worst example of an auction house in any mmo ever made bugs and being utterly broken aside.

TSW is too narow and finite in content, they CLAIMED to have YEARS of new content ready to go, seems this was also misleading, what they meant is they have a lot of ideas but none of them have any substance.

This game is in serious trouble, they can simply no longer justify a subs fee.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Not good timing and it looks like a clear ploy to keep players subbed for a third month. Many players will not subscribe knowing FC are unable to deliver on their monthly update promises if they are missing the boat already on only the second one and are laying off staff. This following the joke that was the AH...probably the worst example of an auction house in any mmo ever made bugs and being utterly broken aside.

TSW is too narow and finite in content, they CLAIMED to have YEARS of new content ready to go, seems this was also misleading, what they meant is they have a lot of ideas but none of them have any substance.

This game is in serious trouble, they can simply no longer justify a subs fee.

Actually, they said they had 7 years of storyline planned. I wouldn't believe for a second they had that much ready.

On topic, well, it should expected since Funcom is facing problems right now. While not an insane fan of the game from beta, i do like many things about it and the little innovations it as.

A hope FC can keep it up and keep the community of the game happy.