Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support ArenaNet After Launch

fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

If you enjoy playing GW2, don't forget to throw ANet a bone once in a while via the cash shop. 

It's important that we as players do our best to support the developers who deliver products we enjoy.

Comments

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

If you enjoy playing GW2, don't forget to throw ANet a bone once in a while via the cash shop. 

It's important that we as players do our best to support the developers who deliver products we enjoy.

I've budgeted for a cash shop allowance seen as I'm not paying subs anywhere anyways ;) 

Not much I want from the cash shop though... I guess it'll be dyes galore!

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121

I agree with this. Not everyone can contribute but if I am enjoying the game I will be making sure to drop some cash their way.

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    I'll be stopping tsw and putting at least 15 a month

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I'll be buying a few gems at launch so I'm doing my part. :P
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I know ill be buying the extra bag space for sure

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Nope i just say nope.

• necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

i bought some during beta to see how the gem shop products performed.

i will probably buy them, sparingly

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    They've already got me on char. slots and bank slots.  Seems like that'd be enough for a while :-)
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    It's pretty simple to me.  If I'm enjoying the game then I'll most likely make purchases through the cash shop.  If I play for awhile and feel no strong attachment to it, I won't. 
  • DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Given that if I enjoy any other game I don't send the developers more money in the mail, I feel zero obligation to buy anything from the cash shop.  I don't think anyone should feel they "ought" to either.

I'll only do it if I think it is a sensible investment.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

no thanks .i will rather spend it on my real life than spending it on cash shop  .

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Meh...I'm sure I will at times. Not going to just for the sake of doing so however. They have something I want then I'll buy it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yeah I'll prob buy bank/bag expansion and a dye pack or two right away, then see how I feel about thing in a month or so.

Hopefully will be happily playing and will be spending $ on stuff like transmute stones (and more dye packs!)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I figure I could put the normal sub fee into extras that I am interested in.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• RevenusRevenus Member Posts: 70

You are doing someone's job for free with this post.

"There is a certain undeniable power in the void; within lies an unspoken promise of greatness, the shadowy truth that man is ruled by fear not of what is seen, but of what he perceives is seen beyond."

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I have no problem spending money on virtual goods. We have arrived at this point in our technology, and it's here to stay fo a long while.

The main thing is that they need to have things worth buying, and I'm not talking about play to win stuff.  I'm referring to premium cosmetic items.  TSW's store sucks.  I would be glad to spend money there, but it's all very uninspiring.  I'll have to look around GW2's shop and decide.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I gotta buy storage slots/character slots for 3 accounts so I'll be supporting plenty tonight. I expect to spend at least $50-$100 a month after that for all 3 of us.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Things I would speand money in at the cash shop. Wizard hat model. Ninja suit model. CAPES no cloaks. We will have to see what all is thier they most likely will get bones often.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Also if people would buy a lot from cash shop, there won't be need to add agressive (ala p2w) items to the shop in the future.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    Also if people would buy a lot from cash shop, there won't be need to add agressive (ala p2w) items to the shop in the future.

I give them enough credit that won't be happening due to the backlash it would cause. Besides I get the sense enough will regardless this won't ever be a concern.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

If I am enjoying GW2, then I will definitely support ANet.  I bought that $60 hero pack in GW1 just because I thought the game and its dev were a class act, so I will likely do the same in GW2.

I will not however, buy gold :)...just had to put that in there so you guys know I'm still hardcore lol.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

That's BS.

You know what happens if they add P2W items to the shop?  A bunch of people quit.  I know I'll be one of them.  It would do a lot of harm to their game and tremendous harm to their brand.

Anet is a great developer and GW2 looks like a great game.  They aren't a friend or family down on some money or some poor soul he needs food to survive.  They are a business.  You should treat them as such and only buy stuff that is worth the benefit it gives you.  If anything, one should hold companies to a higher standard than you would people, because companies have a great capacity for horrible behavior.  Freely tossing money at them doesn't get them to behave better, it just teaches them that people will buy anything.

I'm more interested in paying for content updates and the like that give good bang for my buck.  That's the sort of thing I want to see and the sort of thing I'd be happy with them providing more of.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I'd rather have P2P than a CS.

Not going to support an awful subscription format.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

because p2p is doing so well nowadays... either way B2P with non p2w cash shop is the way to go IMHO

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I have no problem spending up to $15 a month in the shop since that's what I would pay for any other AAA pay to play MMORPG. At least here, I can choose when I want to pay.

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Following your logic, you certainly haven't bought this game and don't intend to buy it. So... what the hell are you doing here? ;-)

This is even more funny because you are praising Diablo III in your previous posts, by the way... cash shop is bad, but pay to win real money auction house is not bad? Talk about double standards...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !