Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damage Control Jay's Appology

laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250#1

Seems like Jay had quite a few things to say and apologised for some of the games shortcomings. After reading it, I was quite surprised he had nothing to say about the RMAH (not a word) and no apology for the people that have been shortchanged from it.

Guess it must be working as intended.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by laserit

Seems like Jay had quite a few things to say and apologised for some of the games shortcomings. After reading it, I was quite surprised he had nothing to say about the RMAH (not a word) and no apology for the people that have been shortchanged from it.

Yep your last sentence is right. It's there to bring in revenue, and who cares if it screws over the player along the way right because they still have millions of players, it's not like they lost 3 mil over the past two years or anything or that they lost 40% who started playing D3 recently or anything.

That aside, i was amazed at the number of people posting things like "I don't think an appology was in order" or "the best game ever" or " Most of us understood where you were coming from, and I don't think an apology to us was necessary at all." Really? (not directed at OP but the posters) REALLY you didn't think an apology was needed or that he acted immaturely? smh

I did find it funny that some people kept their hats on with things like "Why was the game rushed out so fast?" or "WOW it took an entire community to make you apologize" or " MMmm tasty tasty PR stunts". I have to agree with the descenting, the ONLY reason this man apologized is because he got pressured this emotionless post was nothing but a stunt to keep numbers. If Jay and his team's FB is any indication of the attitudes at Blizz it's no wonder the greed is rampant in the game design and sorry time table for expansions.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Yep your last sentence is right. It's there to bring in revenue, and who cares if it screws over the player along the way right because they still have millions of players, it's not like they lost 3 mil over the past two years or anything or that they lost 40% who started playing D3 recently or anything.

That aside, i was amazed at the number of people posting things like "I don't think an appology was in order" or "the best game ever" or " Most of us understood where you were coming from, and I don't think an apology to us was necessary at all." Really? (not directed at OP but the posters) REALLY you didn't think an apology was needed or that he acted immaturely? smh

I did find it funny that some people kept their hats on with things like "Why was the game rushed out so fast?" or "WOW it took an entire community to make you apologize" or " MMmm tasty tasty PR stunts". I have to agree with the descenting, the ONLY reason this man apologized is because he got pressured this emotionless post was nothing but a stunt to keep numbers. If Jay and his team's FB is any indication of the attitudes at Blizz it's no wonder the greed is rampant in the game design and sorry time table for expansions.

I agree and I believe the whole apology is about damage control and totally question the sincerety of it. IMHO the whole game is built around bringing in non stop revenue, and that is and always will be the problem with the game.

I also believe no addmitance of any problems with the RMAH is a necessity because it would open up a huge can of legal worms. They will never ever admit to problems of any kind with the RMAH.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    You guys are classic. Some people are never pleased or willing to accept an appology. They would prefer to continue to keep the hate on. Have fun with that. It really makes you a good person...
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Wow! Look how many posts in that thread don't take kindly to this appology. Several of which demand for his resignation. Reminds me of here sometimes. Or maybe the internet in general.
    Originally posted by Psychow
    You guys are classic. Some people are never pleased or willing to accept an appology. They would prefer to continue to keep the hate on. Have fun with that. It really makes you a good person...

A sincere apology would have included the RMAH

A good person or a good company would not monetize a game. They also would make sure their customer's are not short changed and would make it right.

Funny thing I cant post on the D3 forums never posted there in my life, it sais my game license has expired or been frozen. I'll have to see if I can play the game when I get home from work as I havnt touched it since about a week after release and I have an authenicator on my account.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Honestly, I think the apology was too long. All he said was, "fuck that loser." I think all he really needed to say was that it was one of those days and one of those moments where his emotions got away from him.
  • dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I have lost all respect for blizzard by keeping a hack like jay wilson around tells me all i need to know to understand why blizzard is no longer technically in the game..

This is not the blizz of old that actually cared about making great games..

Playing GW2..

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

The problem is that the apology will not make the game any better. And it will not make Jay a good developer. But if he is humble he can at least become a better person. I hope this is his first step...

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by dageeza

I have lost all respect for blizzard by keeping a hack like jay wilson around tells me all i need to know to understand why blizzard is no longer technically in the game..

This is not the blizz of old that actually cared about making great games..

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

That's about as much an apology as me shitting on someone's car hood is.

Except my boss isn't threatening me with a pink slip if i don't lay on the positive PR.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

No hate from me. Bought it. Played it. Had fun for a while, despite it being average at best. Sad more than hate I guess, blizzard are a shadow of what they where. 

The apology was for what he said (which clearly showed lack of judgement). Funilly enough some of the design decisions showed lack of judgement too. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    damage control or not - i liked what Jay wrote
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Most people wanted Diablo 3 to be as good or better than Diablo 2.

While they delivered in the gameplay department certain design decisions they made have had people scratching thier heads.

I don't know where the Diablo 3 developers got their info from but last I checked the Diablo 2 community liked skill trees and re-leveling class specific builds.

They came out and said "Re-leveling characters to try builds isnt fun" When the majority of their playerbase liked re-leveling new characters. 

I've played Diablo 2 since it released and I don't remember anyone asking for a auction house real money or gold. In my entire time playing Diablo 2 I only every traded items with players i teamed up with after a run. 

As long as I played I never once was confused by the stats/affixes in the game so why would the D3 team go out of their way to simplify everything? 

I just don't understand. In diablo 2 we had massive sprawling procedurally generated maps, ladder systems, pvp, replay value through build diversity and amazing unique loot off iconic bosses. Why take that all away with Diablo 3?

Why the simple stats? why the limited skill/rune system? Why the Gold and Cash AH? Why the static small linear maps? Why no ladder system or Open pvp games?

The D3 team is trying to repair a game that is fundamentally broken due to missing features. its like patchwork. 

Paragon levels are an answer to Diablo 2 level 99 grind yet they forgot to give us a reason to level this new paragon system. They are balancing inferno for build diversity in a game where builds can easily be changed in a second and soon adding in PVP arena? wtf?

I don't know guys... I don't think they will ever give us the game we wanted. Blizzard is known for borrowing mechanics and refining them. They made SC2 and its nothing but a pretty version of the classic... why oh why didnt they do that with Diablo 3? 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I agree and I believe the whole apology is about damage control and totally question the sincerety of it. IMHO the whole game is built around bringing in non stop revenue, and that is and always will be the problem with the game.

I also believe no addmitance of any problems with the RMAH is a necessity because it would open up a huge can of legal worms. They will never ever admit to problems of any kind with the RMAH.

What types of problems are people having with the RMAH?  I haven't seen any complaints over the technical aspects, only that they don't like having it in the game.  Is that what you meant?  Or are there problems outside of people not wanting it in the game?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

What types of problems are people having with the RMAH?  I haven't seen any complaints over the technical aspects, only that they don't like having it in the game.  Is that what you meant?  Or are there problems outside of people not wanting it in the game?

"some guy" had technical issue and didn't get paid. A magazine blogger got wind of it and wrote an "article" about it.

So since "some guy" had ONE issue, everyone jumped on board the hate bandwagaon and accused Blizzard of risking  their multi-billion dollar company by defauding "some guy" of $99.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

"some guy" had technical issue and didn't get paid. A magazine blogger got wind of it and wrote an "article" about it.

So since "some guy" had ONE issue, everyone jumped on board the hate bandwagaon and accused Blizzard of risking  their multi-billion dollar company by defauding "some guy" of $99.

And a multi billion dollar company couldnt right $99.00 for some guy? sais a heck of a lot.

It's a heck of a lot more then one guy. Go do a search on the official server's if they havnt been deleted.

Whether people are full of shit is a different story, but I've seen some very well documented cases on the official forums and for much less then $99.00

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080200406

edit

I'm not saying that people are being short changed on purpose, but the customer service is downright imbarrising.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

until and unless rmah is not removed i am not buying this game .i am happy with torchlight 2 

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by lotaparty

until and unless rmah is not removed i am not buying this game .i am happy with torchlight 2 

let sleeping threads lie