Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-emptive "chill out" thread.

slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

I'm creating this thread to tell everybody who loves to rage about problems for you all to chill the f*ck out.

When GW2 launches very very soon, it will be the launch of an incredibly ambitious project that the amazing team that is Arenanet has unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.  With incredibly ambitious projects, minor snags are bound to occur.

These snags include, but are not limited to:  

login problems

possible Disconnects

slow loading times

unexpected and emergency maintanence causing downed servers

minor bugs and glitches

relatively imbalanced leveling curve for higher levels (I can't imagine that Anet has a remarkably accurate prediction of just how fast the community is going to level to 80 when the servers finally go live, but it might take a few tweakings to get it balanced)

relatively imbalanced difficulty curve for mid and late level zones

relatively imbalanced WvW situations involving high level characters

and so on...

I have to say that these are the problems that I predict are going to be either a minor nuisance, or a minor issue for at least the first week to a month of the game being out.  I have the utmost faith that Arenanet has worked their hardest at resolving these problems through beta's and stress tests but talking realistically, the continuous play of hundreds of thousands if not millions of players is bound to stir up some issues that weren't forseen or that were underestimated.

These things happen, and bitching and complaining about them isn't going to do any good.  These problems are only problems if they persist several months after launch, by then it is unnacceptable for these problems to persist.  However, on launch day, week, month, these problems are to be expected in small quantities.

So this thread is here before all of the bitching threads start appearing of people having minor issues with the client, disconnects, etc etc.  And I'm here to tell all of these people, to chill the f*ck out, and be patient.  Arenanet won't let you down, they havn't yet...

Comments

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I love how prepared everyone is for the game and for the forum drama that will no doubt come. :)

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

The login servers won't work for 10 minutes.

Then comes the tears.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

I've thought up a few more problems that might occur, I'm so stupid not to have thought of them for the original post:

overcrowded servers

relatively imbalanced economy

long queue times for WvW

long queue times for joining servers from overflow servers

I'll post more as I think of them :P

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

Brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing it.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

Oh my Lord in Heaven this scared the dodo outta me.

I just told my wife if I EVER look like or sound like this to shoot me

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Krosslite
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk
    Oh my Lord in Heaven this scared the dodo outta me.

I just told my wife if I EVER look like or sound like this to shoot me

"Uhh, Thish ish a meshage for the people who work for Blishurd........"

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
  • LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    Well, Anet, the geniuses they are, thought of this and decided to open up the servers up to 3 hours earlier. So, they've got 3 hours to fix any problems that might occur, with the excuse that it wasn't the official headstart anyway. Brilliant I say! 
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

LOL

Yep.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

LMAO!!!!    

OP,  I approve this thread.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282

This has made my day, cant believe ive not see this before.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

I'm creating this thread to tell everybody who loves to rage about problems for you all to chill the f*ck out.

When GW2 launches very very soon, it will be the launch of an incredibly ambitious project that the amazing team that is Arenanet has unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.  With incredibly ambitious projects, minor snags are bound to occur.

login problems

possible Disconnects

slow loading times

minor bugs and glitches

relatively imbalanced leveling curve for higher levels (I can't imagine that Anet has a remarkably accurate prediction of just how fast the community is going to level to 80 when the servers finally go live, but it might take a few tweakings to get it balanced)

and so on...

I have to say that these are the problems that I predict are going to be either a minor nuisance, or a minor issue for at least the first week to a month of the game being out.  I have the utmost faith that Arenanet has worked their hardest at resolving these problems through beta's and stress tests but talking realistically, the continuous play of hundreds of thousands if not millions of players is bound to stir up some issues that weren't forseen or that were underestimated.

These things happen, and bitching and complaining about them isn't going to do any good.  These problems are only problems if they persist several months after launch, by then it is unnacceptable for these problems to persist.  However, on launch day, week, month, these problems are to be expected in small quantities.

So this thread is here before all of the bitching threads start appearing of people having minor issues with the client, disconnects, etc etc.  And I'm here to tell all of these people, to chill the f*ck out, and be patient.  Arenanet won't let you down, they havn't yet...

Too funny...everything this poster said is what everyone already bit&^es about every other new MMO that ever comes out and they call them failures.  Just because its GW2 wont make it immune to the same critics nice try though.

Sounds like the OP has put all his eggs in one basket.  I hope GW2 is a good game I am sure it will be but for the people like this OP who will praise it no matter what are kind  a joke.  All games have them I know, its a video game, we put a lot of time into them I have over 3000hrs in my main game.  If the game has issues (which it will) why would you take people calling the game out so persoanally?   

• bluegamebluegame Member UncommonPosts: 6
    well say sadly this stuff happen so yeah people deal with it....
  • EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I'm waiting for arenanet to somehow surprise us and have like the smoothest, most streamlined launch ever...Also hoping it doesnt happen and mass hysteria ensues.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by mmoski

This has made my day, cant believe ive not see this before.

gotta love good ol francis 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    People haven't let these things slide for any other release in my memory, why would they start now?
    Originally posted by Eberhardt
    I'm waiting for arenanet to somehow surprise us and have like the smoothest, most streamlined launch ever...

I kept waiting, patch after patch, expansion after expansion for that to happen in WoW.

Never did.

Trion did a pretty damn fine job though.

Maybe Anet will do better yet?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    FFs its already saturday in japan and the GOD FORSAKEN EARLY ACCESS ISNT UP YET!   THEIR DESCRIPTIONS ARE MISLEADING AND PURE LIES!  Early access sohuld be up NOW but is it? IS IT??? graaawwrrrr ("")(O.O)("")

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Offcourse there are going to be problems, main reason i think is that when millions of people try to lon in at the same time, our current hardware is just to weak to process all they information at 1 time.

But we know shit it going to hit the fan if john doe cannot log in and gets an error, forums will be flooded with:

FUCKIGN ANET FUCK THE BETAS THEY FAIL RETARDED FRACKERS I TOLD YOU !!!!! RAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *&^@(*!^^@!&))!#_)!+ smashing keyboard to bits RAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something like this:

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

login problems

possible Disconnects

slow loading times

minor bugs and glitches

and so on...

I must respectfuly disagree. The amazing nerd raging from minor issues we get at each new game launch is fabulous entertainment for those of us who aren't currently playing. So I say just let yourself go and "Rage against the dying of the light" my friends.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

This guy is a genius.  One of my favorite videos is the one he did waiting for SWTOR early access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szTEHgqZXY

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I really hope that Chozo guy from TF2 plays GW2 and someone makes a video of him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCiOzL7cYs

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

When you log in

you

get

"ERROR 37"

screen goes blue

then........

"WERE KIDDING"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee