Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awakening stream/screens/videos

ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
Please share the media here, I really am curious to see.

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Toferio

Theres absolutely nothing to see yet. Servers are down, patcher is not working for most of the people and latest update was 5 hours ago from Discord saying that servers will be down until they fix some issues. Same old crap. Bad company is a bad company. 

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by argirop

Theres absolutely nothing to see yet. Servers are down, patcher is not working for most of the people and latest update was 5 hours ago from Discord saying that servers will be down until they fix some issues. Same old crap. Bad company is a bad company. 

Make a video of that then.

There's no better way to depict MO.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    A video of what exactly? you mean a video of the updater being up to date and when you are trying to login get the message that your client is not up to date? Sorry dude if you feel like doing it then go ahead and make it for yourself. I just wanna play the game and see if theres any actual difference in the game even though i m not only sceptical but i do highly doubt so if you consider that i m playing on and off MO since Beta Block B and know the failed ways of SV.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by FastSloth

Make a video of that then.

There's no better way to depict MO.

Please avoid offtopic/bashing in this thread, Id really like to keep it for screens :)

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

So, in other words, business as usual...

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

They are currently running a live stream:

http://www.own3d.tv/zagar2323/live/177516

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

The game runs much smoother now, and looks awesome. There are bugs in. Like they said. Some of the AI aren´t responding, some creatures don´t drop any carcass at all, can´t get up the book that tells you how long you have left on reading. But the new guards are awesome. Patrolling the cities, but at Toxais storage yelling for em didn´t make them come. So that seem to be a gank free place. But once they fix most of this, it´s gonna be really good.

Edit. New UI is also so much better, and finally you can scroll through your skills in a way you understand. :P

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by CroniteLore

crazy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcbC4OgxIBs&feature=player_embedded

Man, SV sure love to abuse specular maps.. What's the lore behind that guy? Not the first enemy Id think of when considering new possible enemies for MOs world xD

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

That looks horrible, so much for them fixing desync.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Yeah desynch looks bad- BUT that doesnt look horrible to  me- Actually looks pretty freaking cool. Now if only the game worked =/

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Yeah desynch looks bad- BUT that doesnt look horrible to  me- Actually looks pretty freaking cool. Now if only the game worked =/

I was referring to the still clunky animation, desync, hovering/sliding toons and the laughable AI.

"Mortal Online's new AI is one that is sure to surprise you, with incredible features never yet seen in an MMORPG."   Its surprising all right. image

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JuxvbKRnY&feature=player_embedded

most recent pve video. Outdated by 1 patch thoguh was 2 patches today.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99
    call BS on desync - you should try the trial - assuming your PC isn't a shoebox

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

no desync but the prediction is abit ropey, which can in turn create a desync between player clients.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Pheh.. game still looks like garbage..  I would love to see a good video too..

They don't exist.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

prediction system is failed in its core.  As long as the system will be client based it will be desynched.

Originally posted by raff01

prediction system is failed in its core.  As long as the system will be client based it will be desynched.

it would be impossible to make it completely server based, they need better more accurate prediction. But its to late now.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by deathshroud

it would be impossible to make it completely server based, they need better more accurate prediction. But its to late now.

THIS^^^^^^

They blew it- Hardcore. Henrick may claim oto the Stockholders that "The players are really happy" but even the overly censored official forums are filled with complaints and problems.

For many, this was the last chance- But same ol SV making the same ol mistakes and using the same ol excuses.

I hope the "several" folks who resubbed are as happy as Henrick claims the playerbase is- Ship is sinking fast.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

man - bug looks cool but......

every video i've seen of this game the player characters are not in touch with the "ground"

just seems very odd

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by deathshroud

of course you can't make it completely server based, but there is a considerable part that would need to be, specially such things as hit detection.

Also there still seems to be a huge problem with physics and object collision.

well theres problems with jsut about everything. For me i think awakening has killed the game. I doubt i will play it again and i also doubt the game will recover from it. Strange to have to say that but an expansion is actually doing more harm than good.

latest roundup of videos

camped by PVE

journeys (sort of fan made trailer)

some more new videos

1. Awakening first play part 2 (version 1 od awkaening)

2. thew pyramid (new dungeon??)

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    still looks meh