Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if??

GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
First I am not a fanboi or hater of GW2. I did not participate in any betas I did however pre-order (I do for most new mmos) and will be playing tomorrow.

What will you do if the game fails? Me personally will do the same thing I did after Vanguard, Age of Conan and most recently Swtor, and that is go back to the game I always go back to (its not wow).

What will devs do for future Mmos? After the recent releases of Swtor , Tera, and TSW if GW2 does struggle where will our types of games(mmo) go? Will companies start to think the market is to saturated with multiple games and no longer pursue us or will a company come out and try and push the boundries?

I hope this game lives up to the expectations that so many have praised it to be. After getting my hopes up and being a fanboi before on a game I come into new releases with a lot less expectations and hope its a good polished game where I can enjoy my time.

Good luck GW2 your our only hope...not really but still good luck.

Comments

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

I'm confident GW2 won't fail me. GW1 didn't and none of the BWEs and even stress tests did.

If it did, I'll go back to either Diablo III (haven't played in more than 1 month) or Aion. That's a heartbreaking question and heartbreaking thought.... *Casts the negative thoughts and vibes away* Lalalalala, I can't hear you!

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    First I am not a fanboi or hater of GW2. I did not participate in any betas I did however pre-order (I do for most new mmos) and will be playing tomorrow. What will you do if the game fails? Me personally will do the same thing I did after Vanguard, Age of Conan and most recently Swtor, and that is go back to the game I always go back to (its not wow). What will devs do for future Mmos? After the recent releases of Swtor , Tera, and TSW if GW2 does struggle where will our types of games(mmo) go? Will companies start to think the market is to saturated with multiple games and no longer pursue us or will a company come out and try and push the boundries? I hope this game lives up to the expectations that so many have praised it to be. After getting my hopes up and being a fanboi before on a game I come into new releases with a lot less expectations and hope its a good polished game where I can enjoy my time. Good luck GW2 your our only hope...not really but still good luck.

Just trying to help - but you do know that if you pre-ORDERED you can't play until Monday. If you pre-PURCHASEd, then you can play tonight.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Originally posted by Winterhound

I'm confident GW2 won't fail me. GW1 didn't and none of the BWEs and even stress tests did.

If it did, I'll go back to either Diablo III (haven't played in more than 1 month) or Aion. That's a heartbreaking question and heartbreaking thought.... *Casts the negative thoughts and vibes away* Lalalalala, I can't hear you!

Not trying to stir a hornet's nest here since after much debate I actually bought the game last night - but I remember when WAR was on the horizon and it was supposed to change MMOs forever, and I played in the betas and loved it like everyone else did, and then it was released and all of the problems we were assured would be fixed weren't, new bugs showed up with the massive population, and the dev's ninja nerfed every class.

I'm not saying this will happen to GW2, but the more you hype it up to yourself the more likely it is you will be let down. Lets just be happy someone is trying something different and vote with our wallets so developers know we are ok with breaking the mold.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Well I guess if it fails, than you would have to find something else to do.  I think the good thing is for most gamers the holiday season is coming up and their some pretty good titles coming this year.  If it's all about MMORPG's well It feels like their are very few successful ones and I think in general TSW and GW2 can breathe a bit of fresh air into a genre that feels rather stagnet and even if they fail I hope they do give us some new ideas and concepts to run towards in the future or the genre may find itself phased out of being a meaningful gaming genre.  
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

well we have archeage as a last hope dude.

If that fails as well im gonna turn back to fps and try planetside 2 and dust.