Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you buy an extra character slot?

joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73

Pretty much like title says. When Guild Wars 2 goes live will you be buying an extra character slot right off the bat or will you wait a little bit.

Personally i love pretty much every class in the game except the necromancer and engineer (at low lvls). With that being said i might be looking to buy an extra character slot tonight when the game goes live because when it comes to chosing which job to play as my 5th alt ill be having a hard choice for sure, so thats why i wont be hesitant to buy it. My job order personally will be this, 1) Warrior, 2)Ranger, 3)Elementalist, 4)Thief, 5)Mesmer, and then for the extra slot it will be Guardian

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    No, I won't... I'm really only interested in about 4 of the classes..   and they will undoubtedly add more eventually,  or new races or whatever...  at that time if they don't add new slots with expansions, I may consider it.. but  thats a long ways away.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    If the game is as awesome as I expect, yes. But not until later on. 5 slots are enough for now.
  • VaelgardVaelgard Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Probably never.  I am a huge "main character only" type player with maybe a couple alts for fun later on.  I doubt I will want to spend real money on character slots instead of things that improve my main like bag space, etc.
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    down the road sometime, very likely, but probably not in quite a long time.
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    I voted "yes, but later on" only because there was no option of "maybe, but later on."  Being a casual player it will take me a long time before I'd need an extra slot.  I might consider playing one at some point in the future, but not anytime soon.
  • AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    No. I'll probably only get 1-2 characters to max lvl. The rest will be kept lvl 2 and used for sPvP only, so can be easily deleted.
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    So what's the price for character slots?:)

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Not for a while.  There are plenty of other P2W items in the cash shop that need my $$$
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I have 5 characters planned out, but I'm sure the temptation will arise. Oh heck, it already has :)

But I definitely have my hands full playing these 5 slots for a good while, with my limited play schedule these days.

Someday, way off, yes I think I will.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    If it isn't too much then I will buy another slot and some other thing's through the store.
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Even though it's 10 bucks an extra character, I'll probably buy 3 more slots.

That way I can have 1 of every class.  Even if I don't play some of them much, I can turn them into mules and if a build is annoying me in sPvP, I can try it out myself and see what the weaknesses of the build are.  It's the easiest way to have access to all builds (In sPvP).  :)

• i'll be buying up slots, and tbh i was trying to figure out how to buy gems this morning. i've been lookin all over, but can't fine a spot on Anets site to buy them. i may just be blind.

i'm going to be taking sPvP pretty serious, and getting to know the classes is a big part of that. so the plan is to have 8 slots asap. one for each class to level and mess with.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Not for a while.  There are plenty of other P2W items in the cash shop that need my $$$

Haha

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Daddydazzle

i'll be buying up slots, and tbh i was trying to figure out how to buy gems this morning. i've been lookin all over, but can't fine a spot on Anets site to buy them. i may just be blind.

Aren't they only available from the in-game store at launch?

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Five slots are enough for me I can see all the different races personal stories which I'm more than happy with.

as for which profession to fill those slots Mesmer, Theif, Elementalist, Ranger and a Engineer.

• Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Daddydazzle

i'll be buying up slots, and tbh i was trying to figure out how to buy gems this morning. i've been lookin all over, but can't fine a spot on Anets site to buy them. i may just be blind.

Aren't they only available from the in-game store at launch?

oh didn't know that. that would make sense why i couldn't find them then. thanks

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

No. I'm more of a 1-char player but I think I'll have 1 or 2 alts eventually. And I have 4 favorite professions, can't even fill up the 5 slots we get. xD

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Meowhead

That way I can have 1 of every class.  Even if I don't play some of them much, I can turn them into mules and if a build is annoying me in sPvP, I can try it out myself and see what the weaknesses of the build are.  It's the easiest way to have access to all builds (In sPvP).  :)

Thats a brilliant idea mate. I could buy an extra 2 because i know i wont be playing a necromancer at launch.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by joerockshaha
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Thats a brilliant idea mate. I could buy an extra 2 because i know i wont be playing a necromancer at launch.

Personally I think its kind of silly, simply because if you have a ton of slots you don't ever really use, whats the point of having them?  I remember on CoX  I used to have a lot of concept characters that I never played.  

I figure, if you play long enough you'll eventually want to have all classes to 80...  I wouldn't buy 3 slots outright though, if anything I would have 1 extra slot to rotate classes for sPvP, as, lets face it, you can always delete a single slot over and over and try a new build in sPvP just as easily.   But I'm not trying to discourage anyone....  .... except meowhead...   for personal reasons.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    With maxing-out all 5 characters... i doubt it will be anytime soon

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    I voted yes but I'll probably buy one a month or so down the line. There are 6 classes that I like but realistically speaking I probably won't be able to level all 6 of them. So I'll see how I do with 5 and then decide if I should buy the 6th.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    got 5 planned I probably will down the road but 5 is plenty for now:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• King_JgKing_Jg Member Posts: 27
    nope. im playing theif and guardian for pvp mainly, so the extra three slots will be enough. ill probably just end up playing one of each race tho, for pve purposes
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'll buy them as I need them.

My Main GW1 account has 15 character slots filled and I anticipate playing GW2 a lot more than I played GW1, so I know that eventually I will buy more.

Of course, I do have two GW2 accounts, so it will be after all ten of those slots are filled. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

I figure, if you play long enough you'll eventually want to have all classes to 80...  I wouldn't buy 3 slots outright though, if anything I would have 1 extra slot to rotate classes for sPvP, as, lets face it, you can always delete a single slot over and over and try a new build in sPvP just as easily.   But I'm not trying to discourage anyone....  .... except meowhead...   for personal reasons.

It's not going to work!  Rawr! D:<

I have a severe case of altitis.  Even if I don't play them heavily, i'll still poke around at the other characters, I'm still not 100% sold on what my favorite classes are. :)

In most MMORPGs i try to have about one of every class.  I just like experimenting!  It also helps you know your enemy and all.