Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jade Quarry here i COME!

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
so after talking with a bunch of my friends I was able to talk all them into moving to JQ.. So JQ will be my home server... see you all there!!!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Jade Que!
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    But I heard there were a bunch of n00bs going there!! :-D
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    Originally posted by Psychow

exactly.....

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Skeeter50
    Jade Que!

this >.<

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Skeeter50
    Jade Que!

lucky we got overflow servers:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Who do you play with in the overflow servers ? Will your friends be there too or will they get separated ? How do these overflow servers work exactly ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Who do you play with in the overflow servers ? Will your friends be there too or will they get separated ? How do these overflow servers work exactly ?

I too would like to know if anyone has info.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

YAY!

You'll have to officially unofficially align yourself with us over in the mmorpg.com community guild!

heerobya.2067

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

+1 n00b here! Cya tomorrow morning gang, real early in the morning!  Good luck getting in and getting your names!

Cheers!

Edit: early morning from my perspective that is!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    My guild is going JQ too
    Originally posted by beeker255

in the BWEs basically you had to hope you ended up in the same overflow as your friends to play with them.. but honestly I never was in an overflow for more than 10 min or so, so we will see. Not sure if it's any differn't now

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    From the looks of it this server will get full pretty fast.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Basically, if a particular zone or server gets filled up, instead of being placed in a queue, you get placed on an overflow server, which pretty much functions the same way as a normal server and allows you to play the game like you normally would. You're still in queue for your server/zone so when your turn comes up, you get a prompt asking you if you want to be ported to your server.

Other players from filled servers/zones are there too, so you're not playing alone. Also, if you're grouped with someone, they can join you on the overflow server as well, if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by BadSpock

YAY!

You'll have to officially unofficially align yourself with us over in the mmorpg.com community guild!

heerobya.2067

ill join up with you guys tonight or tommorow  depending when they open the servers:)

• Originally posted by beeker255

First BWE the game didn't move you with your group into overflow servers but they fixed that.  Since then anyone you party (group) up with will appear on the same overflow server.  The overflow servers operate by area - so just because you end up on an overflow in the starter area does not mean you will stay on it when you zone.  If for some reason you aren't on the same overflow as firends you can just party up and either rezone or I think there is an option to travel to friend.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Right on!  See you there Aerowyn! :D
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    That is a pretty comprehensive solution to overcrowding, thank you for clearing it up.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

Yes. Noobs. Yes.

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Leave Jade Quarry alone Luxon scums. image

You'll have to take it over my dead Kurzick body. image

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by MadKing

Leave Jade Quarry alone Luxon scums. image

You'll have to take it over my dead Kurzick body. image

Well I would say Luxons 4 Lyfe, but those factions have long since been disbanded either way... now we belong to red, blue or green. lol

• SimplefoxSimplefox Member Posts: 11

/Raises hand

But, but...I played there in the third beta, and it *seemed* like such a nice neighborhood!

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H. G. Wells

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    That servers is going to be so overly packed with people, that it is going to be impossible to get into WVW during primetime hours. 
  • MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102
    oooo yea! JQ! can't wait hope I am able to get into server have to work till about midnight EST tonight, debating bringing my laptop to work just in case they really do open servers 3 hours early ^.~
  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Inquisition will be playing there as well.   I've also cobbled together a nice group of Ex-Darkfall North American players to come as well to help with killing people.   They are quite good at it.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I hope you are all able to get ON that server and that it's not completely full before you all GET there.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club