Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok! I need help with my FPS :( I give up!

13»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

GW2 is def favoring Intel and Nvidia over AMD.

Makes me sad :(

Hopefully drivers/tweaks in a few weeks will make things a little more equal.

Phenom II x4 955 BE quad OC'd to 4.1ghz

XFX AMD Radeon 6870 1GB DDR5 OC'd to 950 mhz Core 1150 mhz Mem.

So far, haven't been able to touch 60 fps on anything but medium-ish settings at 1080p :(

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by BadSpock

So far, haven't been able to touch 60 fps on anything but medium-ish settings at 1080p :(

I have to be honest, I haven't really payed much attention to this Nvidia vs AMD thing but it just seems that a significant number of games have issues with AMD cards. On the other hand, any major game release almost always gets an optimized driver from Nvidia.

For example, I'm usually getting 40-60 fps with a GTX 460SE. It does dip bellow 30 at times but very rarely. I set everything to max except for shadows, which I have on high, no vsync and native texture sampling, running on 1920x1080. On a side note, I haven't even felt the need to upgrade my video card because almost every game runs on either max or near max settings.

• OP: not sure if you mentioned this... do you have the image settings in the Nvidia control panel set to "let the 3D application decide"?
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I tried let application decide and settIng it to performance

• LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Increase your virtual memory
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I heard virtual memory can hurt you when you have 8gigs of ram or more cause your pc will use the virtual memory when it doesn't even need to slowing you down

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Sort of wrong, GW2 favors Intel CPU and AMD GPUs more than nVidia GPUs. That's not bad performance for a 6870 though, since it was a mid ranged card when it was originally released.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;