Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long until GW2 is proclaimed a failure by the masses?

123457»

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Why would this one be locked based on the primise.  People here flood the Wow threads with doom and gloom and GW2 fanbois seem to attack every other game in their forums.  If GW2 can not take people's negativity then the game truely is doomed.

It's clear and present baiting that's why it should be locked. If they went and locked every GW2 bait thread as fast as they did TOR threads that were well thought out and had evidence to back up the claims of the posters when TOR was launching, this thread would have had 1 reply before locking and the OP being banned for life.

First of all they left plenty of threads stating SWTOR was going to fail opened. However, I will agree that usually if it was something as generic and obvious bait material as this topic it did normally get locked. Many of the type you mentioned were left open much to the chagrin of the fans of the game. Some I agreed with others I didn't. Not sure why this one is being left open considering how vapid it is..

...and they rarely ban an account completely. You have to do something pretty heinous to get that. I should know seeing how they've been banning me about once a week now for...quite some time.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Why would this one be locked based on the primise.  People here flood the Wow threads with doom and gloom and GW2 fanbois seem to attack every other game in their forums.  If GW2 can not take people's negativity then the game truely is doomed.

It's clear and present baiting that's why it should be locked. If they went and locked every GW2 bait thread as fast as they did TOR threads that were well thought out and had evidence to back up the claims of the posters when TOR was launching, this thread would have had 1 reply before locking and the OP being banned for life.

image Baiting...what about evey GW2 is the next greatest game on earth and your *insert game* sucks compaired to it...post and thread created that does not get removed.  Frankly compaired to GW2 fans treatment/invasion of other game forums to add nothing but a comment of how GW2 is supposedly better that never get locked or deleted it is called fair play ribbing or a factual comment on the fact that GW2 is just not that good as people think.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

well the masses will likely play this game for a few months then move on, so i am guessing a few months?

i don't see any game having longevity ever again, at least until a game is released that is so far and away above everything else that nobody will want to play anything else.

i see GW2 as a good game but not that good of a game. believe me i hope i am wrong but i just don't see most people staying interested for more than a few months.

that said, i wont consider it a failure if that happens. if the longevity of a game determines if said game is a failure or not, all games are destined for failure.

the days of playing the same game for years are over, at least these new "theme park" type games.

people just eat up all the content then get bored and there isn't usually a decent community to keep them together.

maybe if GW2's community is good it will help but just the way the game is with the solo mentality, i kind of doubt it.

we will see, cant wait to finally make my character!

This discussion has been closed.