Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Starvault Interim report,...Subs down and $300K loss

HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member

http://www.aktietorget.se/NewsItem.aspx?ID_News=62966&Language=2

 

"The second quarter has not been in line with our expectations, but that is largely because of the delay we've had for the launch of "The Awakening". However, I can mention that with two days of feedback from players after the launch, is very happy. There are several players who already have reactivated their monthly subscriptions and also the sales of new licenses has increased"

 

Henrik duped players into resubbing twice prior with false claims of Awakenigs pendng arrival, didnt seem to help the bottom line.

 

 

We have previously announced that we would reach break-even during July / August. Depending on the delay in the launch of "The Awakening", which was scheduled for april, we expect to reach break-even during september / october.

Hows that going to happen? They'd need an additional 20000 paid subs to cover just this years loss.

«13

Comments

  • WeretigarWeretigar winifrede, WVPosts: 609Member
    Now you know his rich father is paying all the expences. If his father is in this deep I don't think he really cares about the loss/gain anymore he knows what has happend. He just doesn't want to crush his little boys dreams.
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Bree, MIPosts: 713Member

    I cannot believe he states the "players are really happy" with Awakening.

    It was scheduled to release in APRIL, no patching (until now) for 8 months and Tindrum is a BUST... Where is "city life" like presented in the Video from YEARS ago? Hasnt Tindrum supposodly been done for a long time and just waiting to make it "perfect"? What a joke, Tindrum is big and empty with no depth like EVERYTHING else.

     

    EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1SFZkZJK4 posted JULY 10 2010- this is what was "coming soon"- Not to mention every other broken promise/feature- THIS says it all.

  • psykobillypsykobilly NYC, NYPosts: 338Member
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

    I cannot believe he states the "players are really happy" with Awakening.

    It was scheduled to release in APRIL, no patching (until now) for 8 months and Tindrum is a BUST... Where is "city life" like presented in the Video from YEARS ago? Hasnt Tindrum supposodly been done for a long time and just waiting to make it "perfect"? What a joke, Tindrum is big and empty with no depth like EVERYTHING else.

     

    EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1SFZkZJK4 posted JULY 10 2010- this is what was "coming soon"- Not to mention every other broken promise/feature- THIS says it all.

    We don't see guards marching in formation like that... that is something that would be cool.  But at least guards are marching around now.

    Also:  want hot tindremic chicks with side boob.

    I'm pretty sure they will fill in more content in tindrem, however there is quite a bit of interesting things going on but most of it is secret and not obvious at first glance.  (i.e. assassination quest for example)

    The thing is:  if you give a starving man a piece of stale mouldy bread... he is happy (for a moment).

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member

    Net sales figures shows MO with a maximum of 2050 accounts over the last 3 months, assuming 100% of sales were subs. image

    Once again the claims of increasing population prove false.

  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

    I cannot believe he states the "players are really happy" with Awakening.

    It shouldn't be a surprise, he's been singing the same song and dance for years.

    Henrik is a one-note pony.

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

    I cannot believe he states the "players are really happy" with Awakening.

    It shouldn't be a surprise, he's been singing the same song and dance for years.

    Henrik is a one-note pony.

    I guess hendik doesnt read his own forums, even the Mo zealots seem less than thrilled with Awakening.

  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Bree, MIPosts: 713Member
    My favorite part was the part where he said "SEVERAL" people resubscribed for the Awakening patch. So... Three? I mean seriously I know tons who have waited to see how this pans out before even thinking of possibly resubbing- I am sure they got a bump in subs but the word "Several" does not sound like anything to be thrilled over and probably far less than expected.
  • FastSlothFastSloth ParisPosts: 132Member
    Originally posted by Hancakes

    "There are several players who already have reactivated their monthly subscriptions

    About 20.

    Originally posted by Hancakes

    and also the sales of new licenses has increased"

    In total. From 587 to 589.

    Originally posted by Hancakes
     

    We have previously announced that we would reach break-even during July / August. Depending on the delay in the launch of "The Awakening", which was scheduled for april, we expect to reach break-even during september / october.

    Sounds legit. Right on, baby! Why would anyone not believe this!
  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    My favorite part was the part where he said "SEVERAL" people resubscribed for the Awakening patch. So... Three? I mean seriously I know tons who have waited to see how this pans out before even thinking of possibly resubbing- I am sure they got a bump in subs but the word "Several" does not sound like anything to be thrilled over and probably far less than expected.

     

     

     

     

    These are probably the same people that resubbed around April when Awakening was "weeks not months away".

  • Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Mt Laurel, NJPosts: 1,089Member

    I LOL'd at the "several" people have reactivated comment as well.  You know when they don't give numbers, they aren't happy with them.

    One thing that struck me about this forum since Awakening is the lack of phantom/fanboy accounts proclaiming how the pop is booming or how awesome the game is now.  Have even the diehards written this game off now?

  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Bree, MIPosts: 713Member

    Yup- Pre Awakening they were here in droves , namecalling and generally telling us "Haters" what a bunch of moronic crybabies and non hardcore "WOW" lovers we were. They were here at every turn to excplain our stupidity for even suggesting that this Xpac would be the same ol broken song and dance with the same ol excuses.

    A week into the patch they have not come back.

    Still spam bots posting what has been fixed (before there even is a patch) but other than that...Nothing.

    But hey, Henrik said the Playerbase is happy and those several subs are happy as well (I must assume)- Another stellar performance by SV.

    On a side note the Official Forums are (for the most part) not showing a whole lot of "glee"- There are still a few telling everyone who complains to "quit crying" but generally even formerly hardcore supporters seem pretty pissed.

     

  • FastSlothFastSloth ParisPosts: 132Member
    Originally posted by Darth_Osor

    I LOL'd at the "several" people have reactivated comment as well.  You know when they don't give numbers, they aren't happy with them.

    One thing that struck me about this forum since Awakening is the lack of phantom/fanboy accounts proclaiming how the pop is booming or how awesome the game is now.  Have even the diehards written this game off now?

    I think SV has. :D

  • ShyaticShyatic Hell, NJPosts: 41Member

    Amazed that people still play this...

     

    At least GW2 is out, so I can write this game off entirely. It was just never meant to be.

  • CroniteLoreCroniteLore EnglandiumPosts: 99Member
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by Hancakes

    "There are several players who already have reactivated their monthly subscriptions

    About 20.

    Originally posted by Hancakes

    and also the sales of new licenses has increased"

    In total. From 587 to 589.

    Originally posted by Hancakes
     

    We have previously announced that we would reach break-even during July / August. Depending on the delay in the launch of "The Awakening", which was scheduled for april, we expect to reach break-even during september / october.

    Sounds legit. Right on, baby! Why would anyone not believe this!

     

     

    Cough... where did you get those numbers exactly (587 to 589)?  SInce SV do not release numbers and never have...  I call BS.

     

    Also

    08/27 Members:184,313

    08/29 Members: 184,478  ( you can get this by checking their forums each day and ... making a little note of it... )

     

    I guess these are close to accurate - no doubt tho SV employees making more accounts, eh, eh?

     I know it's not Subs it's members - but 160 ish in a couple of days aint bad..MO is always going to be niche.

     

    All Boom N Gloom, over here - every time.

     

    Is it broken?  Fuck ya.  But they're patching almost daily.  So no need to totally give up and go back to your themeparks... just yet.

    EDIT: Oh yeah... and the Awakenings thread on their forums is up to 37k views in a couple of weeks. Does not mesh with above statements either. 

    "In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

  • ToferioToferio RandomPosts: 1,403Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CroniteLore
     

    EDIT: Oh yeah... and the Awakenings thread on their forums is up to 37k views in a couple of weeks. Does not mesh with above statements either. 

    MO forums do not count unique views but views in total. So it could be same 100 people refreshing it over and over, not to forget the bots too. Just fyi.

  • argiropargirop AthensPosts: 300Member
    Originally posted by CroniteLore

     

     

    Cough... where did you get those numbers exactly (587 to 589)?  SInce SV do not release numbers and never have...  I call BS.

     

    Also

    08/27 Members:184,313

    08/29 Members: 184,478  ( you can get this by checking their forums each day and ... making a little note of it... )

     

    I guess these are close to accurate - no doubt tho SV employees making more accounts, eh, eh?

     I know it's not Subs it's members - but 160 ish in a couple of days aint bad..MO is always going to be niche.

     

    All Boom N Gloom, over here - every time.

     

    Is it broken?  Fuck ya.  But they're patching almost daily.  So no need to totally give up and go back to your themeparks... just yet.

    EDIT: Oh yeah... and the Awakenings thread on their forums is up to 37k views in a couple of weeks. Does not mesh with above statements either. 

    Having 184.478 members if by any means those members are people who bought the game or even made a trial account to test it and less than 500 active players is the proof that MO is not the game you are trying to present. Awakening was pure crap. Expansion? Not. Just a poor and poorly designed patch that took 8 months of slacking to be implemented. A tone of bugs was released along with the old bugs that no one bothered to fix but yes you are correct concerning that SV managed to surpass its history by releasing 3 patches since release. 

    Last patch was so poorly designed though that corrupted the installation folder of Mo for many users and devs suggesting a fresh install. Thanks but no thanks SV. A lot of people will share the same feelings with me and will not even bother reinstalling MO to play a broken game that is designed by a useless and lazy team. I call them a joke among the gaming industry and i m totaly entitled to do so after being griefed by them for such long time after Beta Block B. MO will never be the game it was supposed to be and promissed to its loyal fans cause simply Henrik, Sebastian and the rest of the fail team are nothing more than spoilt boys that desided to play with their friends the game of running a company just because they had the advantages and open road to do so.

  • ShyaticShyatic Hell, NJPosts: 41Member

    I have to say this much, no game has ever given me this source of entertainment WITHOUT playing it.

     

    Hilarious.

  • raff01raff01 PARISPosts: 453Member
    Originally posted by CroniteLore
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by Hancakes

    "There are several players who already have reactivated their monthly subscriptions

    About 20.

    Originally posted by Hancakes

    and also the sales of new licenses has increased"

    In total. From 587 to 589.

    Originally posted by Hancakes
     

    We have previously announced that we would reach break-even during July / August. Depending on the delay in the launch of "The Awakening", which was scheduled for april, we expect to reach break-even during september / october.

    Sounds legit. Right on, baby! Why would anyone not believe this!

     

     

    Cough... where did you get those numbers exactly (587 to 589)?  SInce SV do not release numbers and never have...  I call BS.

     

    Also

    08/27 Members:184,313

    08/29 Members: 184,478  ( you can get this by checking their forums each day and ... making a little note of it... )

     

    I guess these are close to accurate - no doubt tho SV employees making more accounts, eh, eh?

     I know it's not Subs it's members - but 160 ish in a couple of days aint bad..MO is always going to be niche.

     

    All Boom N Gloom, over here - every time.

     

    Is it broken?  Fuck ya.  But they're patching almost daily.  So no need to totally give up and go back to your themeparks... just yet.

    EDIT: Oh yeah... and the Awakenings thread on their forums is up to 37k views in a couple of weeks. Does not mesh with above statements either. 

     

    So, the new excuse now that MO fanbots keep repeating is : "Yeah but they're patching daily!"

  • CroniteLoreCroniteLore EnglandiumPosts: 99Member
    Sure - but it's a long way from 'RIP MO' which is what the haters keep sayin...

    "In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Shyatic

    I have to say this much, no game has ever given me this source of entertainment WITHOUT playing it.

     

    Hilarious.

    Things would have been reversed if you had played it.

  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CroniteLore
    MO is always going to be niche.

    Lol.

    Darkfall is niche.

    MO is just plain broken.

    Both are same type of games. If MO couldn't even reach the level of sub/level of competence (at least) that Darkfall is doing, it is pretty bad, since they are both small developers with similar market focus.

  • deathshrouddeathshroud londonPosts: 1,366Member

    no idea why this thread had to be necroed.  but....

     

    MO is a decent game thats poorly put together, i like darkfall and i like MO and i would not in any way say darkfall offers everything MO offers. they are very different games.

     

    I am however tired of going in circles with MO's developers SV. it seems like they promise something and they dont deliver it to even a basic standard and then make similar promises about the next patch which also doesnt deliver.

     

    Im relatively new to darkfall so maybe im abit kind to it, but i like darkfall becasue it actually works as opposed to mo and its world feels much more alive. The ai is the best i have seen in an MMO as well.

     

    Although a few experiences have lead me to question the games mechanics, we had a boat and about 15 people we were having fun helping to siege etc and many of our players had been playing a long time they werent all complete newbies. Until 3 veterans in infernal gear boarded our ship and sluaghted all 15 of us without breaking a sweat just mouse click spamming attack it did feel abit pointless.

     

     

    Looking forward to darkfall unholy wars.

     

     

    From what im hearing about MO it is almost the end soon it will be time to morn the game for those that enjoyed it since theres a significant lul in active players and coming straight from an expansion that isnt good, people seem to be quiting left and right.

    there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

  • realnasterealnaste LondonPosts: 98Member
    Originally posted by deathshroud

    no idea why this thread had to be necroed.  but....

     

    MO is a decent game thats poorly put together, i like darkfall and i like MO and i would not in any way say darkfall offers everything MO offers. they are very different games.

     

    I am however tired of going in circles with MO's developers SV. it seems like they promise something and they dont deliver it to even a basic standard and then make similar promises about the next patch which also doesnt deliver.

     

    (...)

     

    From what im hearing about MO it is almost the end soon it will be time to morn the game for those that enjoyed it since theres a significant lul in active players and coming straight from an expansion that isnt good, people seem to be quiting left and right.

    I lately hate it when you seem to be right :(

    And the worst part is there is absolutely nothing out there for me. You at least have your DF :(

    I need a hug.

    ...or vodka.

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by realnaste
    Originally posted by deathshroud

    no idea why this thread had to be necroed.  but....

     

    MO is a decent game thats poorly put together, i like darkfall and i like MO and i would not in any way say darkfall offers everything MO offers. they are very different games.

     

    I am however tired of going in circles with MO's developers SV. it seems like they promise something and they dont deliver it to even a basic standard and then make similar promises about the next patch which also doesnt deliver.

     

    (...)

     

    From what im hearing about MO it is almost the end soon it will be time to morn the game for those that enjoyed it since theres a significant lul in active players and coming straight from an expansion that isnt good, people seem to be quiting left and right.

    I lately hate it when you seem to be right :(

    And the worst part is there is absolutely nothing out there for me. You at least have your DF :(

    Darkfall 2's right around the corner or have you already written that off?

  • KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir essexPosts: 144Member
    Train wreck of a game.

    www.daneslaw.com

    @GamerKurisu

    Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.