Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who will be sacraficing sleep?

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    I will be. Although not sure if I lived on the east coast i would be saying that.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Luckily for me, the game opens at 9.... IN THE MORNING :P

Nice after a long sleep, to get up and play all day ^^

It will just be VERY hard to fall to sleep tonight... Dang. And if I wake up before 9, I probably have a hard time falling into sleep again -.-

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Starts at 8AM my time so not too bad, but according to there website they may start bringing the servers up 3 hours early, so I will be awake at 5 ;)

Also have a week booked of work to enjoy it in style!

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

Starts at 8AM my time so not too bad, but according to there website they may start bringing the servers up 3 hours early, so I will be awake at 5 ;)

The backfire is you get tired with too little sleep for something that MIGHT open 3 hours earlier.

Which means, you will have to get a sleeping break later whilke we other level away :P

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    There is hardly any reason to rush to level cap in GW2. This game isn't built that way so nope i won't be missing any sleep.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by latinkuro
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

pfft I can sleep everyday GW2 launch only happens once

Ehh, the game will be exactly the same the day after launch.

so in your book every world cup or every olympic games opening ceremony is the same LOL

really.....

than why do people always comment like, I was there when this and that happened.

same thing here LOL, saying I was there @ launch and saying I was there the day after are worlds apart.

Aerowyn had it right launch happens only once just like you only turn 18 only once.

It just hit me you probably pre ordered jijijiji and you are jealous of pre purchasers oops I hit the nail in the head.

Yikes......you can't be there tomorrow so you wanna make it sound more trivial than it actually is LOL.

The Olympic's....

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    The sickness is great in this thread.  It is not hard ro understand why this genre is so broken. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    6AM (if the servers are up 3 hours in advance, that is) in local time here. Totally doable, but I don't like getting up so early on the weekends.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Actually works out well for and starts when I get home from work. But I'm going to have a nap before I start. Should be there for first hour which always ends up being the most "fun" time with lag and 12 hour maintenance times.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• aviciavici Member Posts: 44
    I wont be sacrificing sleep, as I work nights.. However, i will be sacrificing my body. I am on the east coast and am supposed to work until 3:30 am, with a half hour drive home. It is a labor intensive job, so the faster i work, the quicker I can leave. My goal is to Tazmanian devil the place and get out of there by 12:30-1:00 am and fully utilize that 'overdrive'
    button in the car.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Even though I'm in EU zone I'm sacrificing some sleep.

Official time servers go up is 9am my time, because of the up to 3 hours early thing they mentioned 6am and then 1 hour to caffeinize myself enough and get decent breakfast means getting up at 5 am and it's currently 10:45 pm.

Because I've went to sleep at 1:30am all week I'm still very awake and with the excitement of release I probably won't sleep much anyways.

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88

2 choices currently stand before me.

1: Chug this can of 4loco and pass out setting an alarm for 2am eastern time

or

2: Chug this redbull and power through, but what to do to keep myself occupied?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Oh heck yes I am, I will be chugging down cups of Tea tonight XD

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Destructhor

2 choices currently stand before me.

1: Chug this can of 4loco and pass out setting an alarm for 2am eastern time

or

2: Chug this redbull and power through, but what to do to keep myself occupied?

Redbull options:

1. Catch up on seasons of Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, etc.

2. Spend time here on the forums dis...yeah fuck that just watch those shows instead.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Fortunatly for me, I am from Europe and for me, at the earliest, it would open at 7 AM, so no need to lose sleep, at least for the 1st day.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

The backfire is you get tired with too little sleep for something that MIGHT open 3 hours earlier.

Which means, you will have to get a sleeping break later whilke we other level away :P

The point is not to level fast but to be there to participate in a memorable event: the first time ever people are playing this game on a live server.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Originally posted by lilHeala
    The point is not to level fast but to be there to participate in a memorable event: the first time ever people are playing this game on a live server.

Well said.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    working when the servers open : (      (but expecting the servers to crash and be back up juuust as I get home 4 hours after official head start ;P )
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Three times.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105

Oh I'll be on for launch.  Not doing the energy drinks/coffee though.. I'll be fueling my fire with alkeehaul!!!

So I may very well pass out before midnight and have to start tomorrow morning... 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Three times.

heh first one is the only one that counts to me:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Sorry, can't hang with the marathon kids no more, yo.  Tired already :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NateEssexNateEssex Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by Elesdee
    GOnna go live 3am here (eastern) but im working till 11:00. Im gonna go to sleep for 3 hours then stay awake for 24 hours

I've "heard" that they may start up the servers early... I would check to see if they're up before the nap.  I, personally, will have had too many beers to take a nap and try to get up.  I'll just roll with it, have a few more, and see if it opens early.

/cheers

Current: GW2 (almost)
    Played: EQ, DAoC,EQOA,Shadowbane,WoW, WAR, SWTOR, TSW

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I will login tonight to get my server , and will be up very early and play all day, while people who played all night to morning will go sleep :)

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

As others have said, its all about getting the names. 

Im on BST so official start is 8am, which is PERFECT, however with them opening the servers "upto 3 hours early" that makes it 5am which is a bit harsh!

I have always been a night person so staying up late wouldnt be a problem for me. I would prefer it. I am going to struggle getting up for 5am :(

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom