Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is too easy

Comments

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by ariboersma
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by Stayonboard
    Originally posted by wrekognize

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

So... you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy.... 

I saw a movie where the airline pilot just moved some stupid stick up and down, looks pretty easy... 

Actually there is a recently released video of a level 50 zone where the gameplay looks trivial.

no one has been lvl 50 in a stress test were the higher zones were available. There was a video of a dungeon by a gaming site (as in press) and no it wasnt trivial. 

Actually you're incorrect.  But so am I, it was a level 40-50 zone.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/23/guild-wars-2-bloodtide-coast-commentary

• ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33

I have been playing MMO's for a very long time.  In no other MMO have I died as often as I have in GW2.  Yes the starter zones are easy, but once you get into the game there are mobs that will one shot you if you do not defend the big hit or dodge it.  Conditions become a big deal, not removing them wil be very very bad for your health.  Standing in the red ring will be a big freaking deal if your heal is not up. 

In large world events you can pick out the new GW2 players, they are the ones on the ground begging for a res because they forgot to dodge.

GW2 is also one of the most fun MMO's I have played in a while.  I am still blown away by the sheer size and scope of the game, doubly so because there is no monthly fee.   Any future MMO that wants to have a monthly fee beter bring something pretty impressive to the table, because GW2 is going to set one hell of a goal. 

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by gracefield

Read the post, smart arse, he said that from watching the videos, it looked too easy to play. It's fair comment - as he says, he's never actually played the game.

Sheesh, you guys.....

Well, the thread title is all backwards, it's in the form of a statement, not a question.

People are probably responding to the thread title. :P

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Istavaan

Originally posted by wrekognize So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?    
    So... you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy....    I saw a movie where the airline pilot just moved some stupid stick up and down, looks pretty easy...   
    Actually there is a recently released video of a level 50 zone where the gameplay looks trivial.
    That was played by devs they have probably ran that dungeon hundreds of times and their characters have the best gear..so what do you expect..level cap is 80.

think he means just a general gameplay walkthrough of bloodtide coast....where they actually lose half the events they play. just some last minute hail marry attacks from the dearly departed.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    Seems 75% of the people in here are bad at games :(

This coming from the guy who can't beat two people in a fight in PvP.  :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

there's a shaman in the charr starting zone that's downright crazy to kill. level 5 elite. i had about 20 levels 1-4 over there and none of us could get him down to half.

you can easily get overwhelmed by mobs spawning, or by trains running thru. The world is a dangerous place for once, it's not all completely dead like how WoW seems to me after going there to take screenshots the other night.

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

completly impossible to determine if a game is hard to play based on a video. YEh it look like he just 1 hit that monster but what if I told you to pull of that hit the player had to hit 27 different buttons across their keyboard in a certain order within 3 seconds.... still too easy?

That is obviously an extrmeme example, but you get what I mean

"yawn" blizzard giving away a t-shirt for a GW2 troll thread today or something?

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

I've played the game and it is too easy.

The new dodging mechanics, any MMO vet can pick it up off the bat.

Weapon switching is second nature.

PVP is absolutely luck and gear based.

There is no learn curve each time you play another class. They're all the same.

Game play is slow and is generous on reaction time. 

______

All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.

WOW!!! I so fell for it....

Seriously I was like wtf, this guy has been positive about the game for a while.  I read this and thought to myself AzurePrower lost his mind from waiting for so long to play this game...

Once I went to reply to this and saw the hidden message I laughed sooooooo hard I darn near pissed myself.

Thank you good sir for a great laugh +1!!!!!!!!

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by gracefield

So... you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy.... 

I saw a movie where the airline pilot just moved some stupid stick up and down, looks pretty easy... 

Read the post, smart arse, he said that from watching the videos, it looked too easy to play. It's fair comment - as he says, he's never actually played the game.

Sheesh, you guys.....

The title of the thread: guild wars 2 "IS" too easy not looks but IS too easy.

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

I think some fights should have challenge.

But not every random fight in the pve envioronment should be a tactical nightmare where you are just barely surviving. That can  get....exhausting.

The devs need to figure out how often one needs to utilize your whole toolbox in order to come out on top, and also know that sometimes players just need to pwn stuff easily.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

I HOPE THAT ITS EASY CAUSE I THOUGHT PUTTING A RING ON MY WIFES FINGER WOULD MAKE HER "EASY" BUT IT SURE AS HELL TURNED OUT THE EXACT OPPOSITE!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR GW2 PPL, EVEN THOUGH I DONT KNOW IF I FREAKING PRE ORDERED OR PRE PURCHASED GAH!!!!

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    BWE1 and BWE2 were defenitly tuned to the hard (or more like REAL hard side of the dial) and BWE was really to easy, supposedly release is goign to be closer to the first 2 BWE's if it makes you happy.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Hold onto your butts ppl good news, since I did buy via Guild Wars 2 website it says PRE PURCHASE, so I'll be throwing around slappies with YOU GUYS TOMORROW WHOOT!

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

I played up to lvl 25 and I can say it was easy, or let's say not something I couldn't handle (or that game me trouble), for me. Haven't got a chance to try dungeons tho, so can't comment on that.

Edit: Talking about BWE2 here.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Compared to other mainsteam MMOs like EQ2, WOW, LOTRO, SWTOR asf. no. Also depends on the class. Thief, Mesmer and Ele are certainly difficult enough IMO.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

No way is it too easy imo.

It was a little bit too easy in BWE3, but it seems they've adjusted it back to how folks said it was in BWE2.

I found the last few tests to be challenging in a great way!

This.  When you watch a video you don't know which version they were playing unless they state it.  I thought BWE2 was perfect in terms of difficulty.  Veterans took 10 people a couple minutes to kill which seemed reasonable and the events were good.  This was all in a 1-15 area though so it may get tougher further in.

ANet has mentioned that the beggining zones are intended to get people used to the game, I assume this also means difficulty.  I'd like to finally find out for myself!

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by ariboersma

no one has been lvl 50 in a stress test were the higher zones were available. There was a video of a dungeon by a gaming site (as in press) and no it wasnt trivial. 

Actually you're incorrect.  But so am I, it was a level 40-50 zone.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/23/guild-wars-2-bloodtide-coast-commentary

you are linking a press vid! It would be impossible for anyone to get lvl 50 in an hour...

• tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70

The difficulty level is a result of one of the basic design decisions made in GW2 - that is, to allow every player to win at all content. The playerbase that Anet is targeting has lots of work, family, etc. responsibilities.  So, they like to be able to just log in and win.

:(

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by tabindex

The difficulty level is a result of one of the basic design decisions made in GW2 - that is, to allow every player to win at all content. The playerbase that Anet is targeting has lots of work, family, etc. responsibilities.  So, they like to be able to just log in and win.

Obvious bait is obvious.

Insert another coin and try again.

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by abyss404

If I want challenging game play I'll go play something like TSW.

There's something difficult in TSW? image

On other matters, anyone who said this wasn't too easy... L2P.

Anyone saying that TSW is hard needs to learn to play... oops, see what I did here... image

Right, because of the number of people on these forums quitting TSW because it was too hard. And yet the majority of the difficulty posts about GW2 have been about claiming how easy it is. *Pat pat* There there, one day you'll learn how to counter a post.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It isn't.

Sure, many basic fights against solo mobs are not exactly hard. But things can get very ugly very fast if you just run into the front lines of an event or are in bad luck and get targeted by a mass of ranged mobs (and forget to dodge / don't have the endurance).

Some event bosses, like the Fire Elemental in the Asura area, have been complained about because they have several 1-shot abilities that blow you sky high if you don't keep on moving 100% of the time (which might not be possible in huge zergs).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by tabindex

Obvious bait is obvious.

Insert another coin and try again.

Oh lordy, check out his posting history. It's hilarious. You'd think GW2 killed his dog or something.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

If I want challenging game play I'll go play something like TSW.

There's something difficult in TSW? image

On other matters, anyone who said this wasn't too easy... L2P.

Anyone saying that TSW is hard needs to learn to play... oops, see what I did here... image

Right, because of the number of people on these forums quitting TSW because it was too hard. And yet the majority of the difficulty posts about GW2 have been about claiming how easy it is. *Pat pat* There there, one day you'll learn how to counter a post.

The thing is many that said they were experiencing this is when they reached to the higher QL oriented content. Which many that said TSW was too easy did not reach before they made their claims. Becuase there were quite a few posts saying both scenarios

Which could very well be the same case here.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

It isn't.

Sure, many basic fights against solo mobs are not exactly hard. But things can get very ugly very fast if you just run into the front lines of an event or are in bad luck and get targeted by a mass of ranged mobs (and forget to dodge / don't have the endurance).

Some event bosses, like the Fire Elemental in the Asura area, have been complained about because they have several 1-shot abilities that blow you sky high if you don't keep on moving 100% of the time (which might not be possible in huge zergs).

That boss has cheap difficulty imo, being 1 shotted by stuff that it sometimes instant and can't be avoided isn't enjoyable difficulty.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

It isn't.

That boss has cheap difficulty imo, being 1 shotted by stuff that it sometimes instant and can't be avoided isn't enjoyable difficulty.

Guess what?

If you actually take a few friends with you, and understand how to co-ordinate amongst yourselves, you can support each other and completely avoid situations like the one you described!

Guild Wars is, in both the PvE and PvP aspects, all about co-ordination among you and your teammates.