Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is too easy

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

______

All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.

i almost fell for it

GW2 is not hard but its not trivial either

while learning GW2, I have never died so much compared to past mmos

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    lousy attempt. GW2 wins.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Heck, I've always been challenged by the mechanics of traditional MMORPG's, GW2 looks downright difficult for those of us who are hand and eye coordination challenged (OK, I'm f__king old dammit)  and one of the reasons I've not rushed out to buy it. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

It may look easy, but it's not easy to play... In fact, gw2 has the most difficult stuff in it than any other dumbed down mmorpg ;)<

For instance... I've died soo many times if I attacked more than 2 NPCs :D Not to mention I died many times as well if I wasn't paying attention when fighting another NPC which was 2 lvls higher than me. xD

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    I always find it funny how people who have only seen gameplay footage claim to be experts.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Man, I wish there was some fraps footage of the level 7 mob shaman in Char newb zone slaughtering 30-50 people.

Man in BWE1 there was a field of corpses.  I mean it was like a movie about normandy beach.  There were like 30 people dead and only 3 of us alive when we finally killed him.

But they did adjust him

It took me a few deaths to realize I was killing myself due to his reflective shield popping on.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Hell yes! Way to damn easy!
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Heck, I've always been challenged by the mechanics of traditional MMORPG's, GW2 looks downright difficult for those of us who are hand and eye coordination challenged (OK, I'm f__king old dammit)  and one of the reasons I've not rushed out to buy it. 

Dude with as long as you've been playing these games? You would do fine. It would be a bit of an adjustment but not even that much really since you recently played TSW. So you're already used to the more action oriented mmo gameplay.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Well, I saw people dying all around me all the time. Helped more then a few up even.

Guess it isn't *that* easy.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

They absolutely put up the difficulty level last stress test, a random bandit last stress test pretty much killed me within 3 seconds on its power attack (was aoe).

Though that was actually kinda nice :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Dude with as long as you've been playing these games? You would do fine. It would be a bit of an adjustment but not even that much really since you recently played TSW as well so you're already used to the more action oriented mmo gameplay.

Well, yeah, I'm hoping my experience this year in TERA and TSW will have sort of "prepped" me to deal with the more reactive combat of GW2.

But I haven't weapon switched on an active basis since my playing my Infiltrator in DAOC, oh, about a hundred years ago. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

One of the things I did in the last weekend event was run around with a ranged weapon multiple classes and facerolled 1-5 key while watching a movie on second screen.  I got gold rating and never died in all events.

This game is not too easy - For Melee Specs Only.  Otherwise you can pretty much do every event up to 30 at least half sleep  and not even trying.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Clocksimus

One of the things I did in the last weekend event was run around with a ranged weapon multiple classes and facerolled 1-5 key while watching a movie on second screen.  I got gold rating and never died in all events.

This game is not too easy - For Melee Specs Only.  Otherwise you can pretty much do every event up to 30 at least half sleep  and not even trying.

Wait I play melee and think it is to easy...

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Yes, entirely too easy. Granted I'll still be playing it, but this isn't a game that i'll play for the challenge. If I want challenging game play I'll go play something like TSW.

On other matters, anyone who said this wasn't too easy... L2P.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Ive tried several dungeons in beta and they were way easier than Id like them to be and boss fights also not that entertaining but we'll see.
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

You'll be fine. If you can play a MOBA then you can certainly handle GW2's combat.

Now explorable mode dungeons might be a different story so to speak. They can be pretty unforgiving.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Out of pride, a true mmorpg champion does not upload youtube video if he is constantly being raped. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by abyss404

If I want challenging game play I'll go play something like TSW.

There's something difficult in TSW? image

On other matters, anyone who said this wasn't too easy... L2P.

Anyone saying that TSW is hard needs to learn to play... oops, see what I did here... image

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Originally posted by Clocksimus

Wait I play melee and think it is to easy...

Well for non zerged events maybe but with the scaling if you have 50 people at a DE and you are melee.... odds are if the boss hits you, one shotted.   Which is pretty much what happens with any non tank class in TERA fighting boss BAMs which aren't overly difficult either.  I dunno, that GW2 zealots will proclaim it perfect no matter what in the end. 

I just hope they dont start making all future MMO's that mind-numbingly boring.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

I've played the game and it is too easy.

The new dodging mechanics, any MMO vet can pick it up off the bat.

Weapon switching is second nature.

PVP is absolutely luck and gear based.

There is no learn curve each time you play another class. They're all the same.

Game play is slow and is generous on reaction time. 

______

All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.

I see what you did there. lol

• reichtreicht Member Posts: 41

Okay, the devs have said this a million times, and I have pointed it out many as well.  This game isn't too easy, it is a fact.  You get to choose your own difficulty, and there is even an in game hint pointing it out to you. 

If you ever find yourself going "Hmmm, this is pretty easy" all you need to do is look at the little number next to your enemy (level) then find an enemy with one that is higher than that, repeat until desired challenge is found.  I understand this doesn't work at level cap, but then again no one has played the cap content or even really seen any of it, so we can all stfu right now about it.  What they have shown thus far is 100% delivers on promises, no direct lies.  

This last stress test me and 3 other random level 2 Asura were working our way through a level 7 - 9 area, and it required a lot of teamwork, crafty dodging, position manipulation, help eachother get ressed, etc.   Honestly it was one of the more fun things I've done in the game, oh and at that level gap the enemy could one or two shot all of us, so getting hit wasn't an option.

• DragnogDragnog Member UncommonPosts: 48

@wrekognize

Could you please clarify what games that you have played so we can get an idea of where you are coming from. 

I can understand where some people would feel that the combat feels sluggish, but I would suggest that if they feel that way that they are ready to take on two or three combatants at once. I can especially understand it if you have been playing Tera or the Beta of Raiderz, but there is one major difference in combat, you are stuck in one place while you cast, while in GW2 you are not. There is also very limited number of times you can use dodge and your "tools" will need to be timed correctly, with a full understanding of what they do. After playing GW2 Raiderz felt easy because when using a sheild you could block 90% of damage and it did not "cost" you any resource. Also you get a "tell" in terms of the monster flashing red.  

Taking on a stationary or single target is relatively easy to master once you understand the mechanics, getting into multiple combatants with more complicated mechanics rather than just shooting you or hitting you can make things very complicated. 

For more challenge in the starting human area at least I would suggest you try out these dynamic events:

• The Diseased Oakheart
    • The Centaur attacks near to where the Trolls are. 
    • Stopping the Bears from destroying the bee hives (because inevitably you will be doing it on your own)
    • Collecting Skale Eggs (because inevitably you are going to end up with multiple Skales and multiple people pulling more)
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

If I want challenging game play I'll go play something like TSW.

There's something difficult in TSW? image

Staying awake?

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by wrekognize

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

Way 2 ez

I feel sorry for anyone who constantly dies in this game.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Stayonboard
    Originally posted by wrekognize

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

So... you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy.... 

I saw a movie where the airline pilot just moved some stupid stick up and down, looks pretty easy... 

Actually there is a recently released video of a level 50 zone where the gameplay looks trivial.