Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is too easy

wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    the game is FAR from too easy.. for some players it is downright frustrating. You should perhaps look for the shadow behemoth fight or even the shaman in the Norn area. Those fights really show the difficulty and they are both approximately lvl 15 content.

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by wrekognize

So I've been watching gameplay footage of GW2 all morning. The # 1 impression I get from watching is that it looks way too easy to play. I would most likely get bored. So, I'd like to hear from people who have played it. Is it too easy?

So... you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy.... 

I saw a movie where the airline pilot just moved some stupid stick up and down, looks pretty easy... 

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    This is like the 10th thread about this did you actually play the game or did you just watch some random youtube video?
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

No way is it too easy imo.

It was a little bit too easy in BWE3, but it seems they've adjusted it back to how folks said it was in BWE2.

I found the last few tests to be challenging in a great way!

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

It's as easy as you make it to be :

take 1 mob at a time, from your level or below, and it's sure easy (which is what most videos do).

take packs of 4 mobs at a time, 2 levels higher than yours, and it's challenging.

Depends on the class, too.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Need an option for to early to tell. 

I will say in my one hour played yesterday, I struggled with a couple mobs in the WvW area. That was suprising. The starter are is woefully easy, but TSW starter area was the same. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Need to fix title as it gives the impression that this is a toll thread and not a poll.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Only the devs can tell. Good games tend to start easy and become more and more difficult the further you progress. If GW2 is a good game may be seen tomorrow.
  • DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by wrekognize

Are you asking if players feel that it is "too easy" or are you proclaiming that it is "too easy". Your thread title seems to indicate the latter.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by k-damage

It's as easy as you make it to be :

take 1 mob at a time, from your level or below, and it's sure easy (which is what most videos do).

take packs of 4 mobs at a time, 2 levels higher than yours, and it's challenging.

Depends on the class, too.

Kind of this....    I found the game to be pretty easy overall,  but that didn't mean that I didn't ever die.. it meant that usually when I died.. it was because I found myself in an area where mobs were 4 - 7 levels higher than myself,   or on the off chance I was in an event with a LOT of people and whatever we were fighting had mobs scaled higher than me.

Most everything within a 2 level range is doable... as long as you don't overstep your boundaries.  Its not easy in the sense you can go anywhere and kill anything at any time... but it is easy in that.. as long as you stick close to your level,  GW2 never gives you anything you can't handle... alone or otherwise.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

And I've been playing the game both during BWEs and stress test and can tell you it's not easy. I wonder what you get from watching vids of other MMORPGs that involve two characters standing still, exchanging blows... that must look a thousand times harder doesn't it?

Even watching a vid of WoW raids makes them look retardely easy (even though they aren't) so I don't understand how you got your conclusion that the game is easy just by watching a vid.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Stayonboard

you saw some videos of starter zones, of a game you have never played and deem it too easy....

thats the conclusion i get from this thread too

• ApolyonBSApolyonBS Member UncommonPosts: 23
    The devs said on Twitter that it was made easier on purpose for the BWE. They also said something about the dynamic events happening more frequently than on release. All for the sake of testing stuff.
  • IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173

wouldn't it make logical sense that a game would give you easy things to start the game, and help you learn how to play it?

Seems a bit unreasonable to expect a game to be an instant challange especially when its so different from all other MMORPG's.  I have leveled to 39 and I can tell you that yes the starter zones are "easy" so you can learn how to play but you'll still find yourself in positions where you'll be put in a downed state if you don't play correctly.

At high level zones 25-30, easy? to say the least.  Incredibly challanging yet rewarding.   The true action combat in this game makes it so you must stay mobile, you must be actively moving and accurately dodging as well as appropriately using your utility skills or you'll die.  This isn't just for boss mobs or dungeons this goes for even regular mobs, they will stomp your face into the dirt if you just stand there and try to "tank" the damage...

Guild Wars 2 is ANYTHING but easy, and judging the difficulty level of any game by the starter area's is just ignorant...

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    I saw some clips of people climbing Mount Everest, looked too easy to me.  Any chump could do it from what I saw.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

If you haven't played at all in stress tests / BWE's - the first 5 levels will be very easy, things will get more difficult for you 6-10 but you'll hopefully "figure it out" by level 10 or 11 because it is so much different than your "standard" WoW-model stand still and swap hitpoints model.

But then by level 15 or so when you are feeling confident you've finally "got it" you'll start eating dirt a lot again as the mobs will REALLY start to use a lot of different tricks on you.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Lol

Gonna be some fun times on these boards the next couple weeks. Man...work is gonna fly next week

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Don't like any of the options.

I don't find the game dificult overall, not not "face-rollable" either.

Most of the times i was able to evade and dodge easily, but when i got hit, it made me lose about 1/3 or 1/4 of my life, so dieing was somewhat common.

I guess it's made that way since there's no real death penalty, down state and rezzing is common. If it took 10 blows to kill 1 player of the same level, you'd probably never lose.

I find the mobs and bosses to be somwhat more dificult than normal ones in mmorpgs with traditional combat since there's more movement, but not that much.

Also, how can you judge the dificulty if you never played it?

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I've played the game and it is too easy.

The new dodging mechanics, any MMO vet can pick it up off the bat.

Weapon switching is second nature.

PVP is absolutely luck and gear based.

There is no learn curve each time you play another class. They're all the same.

Game play is slow and is generous on reaction time. 

______

All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.All of the above statements are false.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Your right and I think allot of people that will respond almost violently to your post will not even understand what I know you are getting at.  Im also not going to take the time writing a paragraph to explain it.

But basically there hasnt been a game that has come out in recent memory that has created any sort of real challenge for players.

People think anything you cant solo is "difficulty" these days.  Even 20 or 40 man raid fights dont define whether content is challenging, complex or difficult.

This is not about something being fun or not being fun, this is about how long it takes the average person to reach end game and consume all the game has to offer before they just repeating the same things over and over.

• Originally posted by wrekognize

Um did you watch anybody doing a catacombs run, particularly the explorable mode.  TB was getting raped and he had 2 Devs in his group.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Man, I wish there was some fraps footage of the level 7 mob shaman in Char newb zone slaughtering 30-50 people.
  • idgaradidgarad Member Posts: 174

Playing Chess is easy as is playing League of Legends. However easy the mechanics are, the difficulty in most games isn't derived from the mechanics; but rather their application.

Chess for the most part is suprisingly simple in mechanics. Each piece for the most part has only one possible action, move. Winning Chess by applying that mechanic, along with Go, has made those two history's greatest example of strategic thinking. 400 years from now I doubt people will reflect as Command and Conquer as a tactical masterpiece but last I checked Chess is still going strong in the west with Go leading the east.

Moving along: In MOBAs you usually only have about 8 things you can do: Q,W,E,R, right-click, left-click, move and an item. However the tactics involved are where you are going to find difficulty as many players find out after playing bot matches endlessly, once you face people, the whole difficulty changes with no change in mechanics.

For WoW players one of the surprising challanges you are going to face is the lack of the Holy Trinity mechanism to rely on. You won't really have a dedicated support class there backing you up. Support is shared across everyone to some degree. Finding a primary target gets more difficult, and the demands of PvPRvR are nothing like the Arena. In fact WoW players that greatly enjoy AVWG yet dislike Arenas may find GW2 a plesant experience.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

It's easy, so easy to buy.  You just click on a button, enter your credit card info, and poof, it starts downloading right to your computer.  Never has a purchase been so easy.  My god, I wish my decision to buy GW2 was a hard decision, but damn, the developers made it so damn easy.  I'd have to say that buying GW2 has been the easiest decision of my entire life.

So yes, the game is easy... 

• Originally posted by Badaboom
    Man, I wish there was some fraps footage of the level 7 mob shaman in Char newb zone slaughtering 30-50 people.

Man in BWE1 there was a field of corpses.  I mean it was like a movie about normandy beach.  There were like 30 people dead and only 3 of us alive when we finally killed him.

But they did adjust him