Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this game and let it finally die off.....

gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

Seriously don't even think about spending cash on this game it's still very broken...

with the market they broke crafting.  Social server keeps going down, still falling through

the world, cant trade, etc etc....

just leave it alone guys and maybe finally this horror will go away....this is Sony's truly last

chance to try to ressurect this monstrosity....too bad they did it during the month when

GW2 will be released (idiots).  

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Why do you care about what other people spend their money on? Mind your own business ffs.

If you don't like the game, feel free to post criticism and discuss its shortcomings, but don't tell grown-ups what to do with their time and money.

/doublefacepalm

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Still playing vanguard and loving it ,great to see so many new players enjoying the game.

As for gw2, completely different style of game, me personally have no interest whatsoever in playing gw2 as I am sure gw2 style players have no interest in playing vg.

Good luck with your new game,hope its completely bug free LOL .

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Aodhan

Still playing vanguard and loving it ,great to see so many new players enjoying the game.

As for gw2, completely different style of game, me personally have no interest whatsoever in playing gw2 as I am sure gw2 style players have no interest in playing vg.

Not true, I'm a GW2 player, and I was all gung-ho for VG, played it, gave a good amount of cash unlocking things, buying bags, etc...

but between the game bugs, cash shop bugs, and the realization that people can grief others by killing quest NPCs in a pve-only game without any recourse, yeah..time to move on, quickly.

Great game concept, but too many flaws currently for myself to support it further, but hey, they got a pretty good chunk from me from the f2p announcement, hopefully they got more from others. They address some issues, I would gladly come back and spend more. it's a great gaming concept I have never seen repeated anywhere, but yeah..hours of downtime from griefers farming quest npcs is pretty fail on a f2p release.

By no means do I support the OP's statement, just pointing out GW2 players would definitely be interested in VG, they just need to work on the game some.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Rider071

Not true, I'm a GW2 player, and I was all gung-ho for VG, played it, gave a good amount of cash unlocking things, buying bags, etc...

but between the game bugs, cash shop bugs, and the realization that people can grief others by killing quest NPCs in a pve-only game without any recourse, yeah..time to move on, quickly.

Great game concept, but too many flaws currently for myself to support it further, but hey, they got a pretty good chunk from me from the f2p announcement, hopefully they got more from others. They address some issues, I would gladly come back and spend more. it's a great gaming concept I have never seen repeated anywhere, but yeah..hours of downtime from griefers farming quest npcs is pretty fail on a f2p release.

By no means do I support the OP's statement, just pointing out GW2 players would definitely be interested in VG, they just need to work on the game some.

I too loved the concept of VG and I could even stomach some bugs but the moment I loaded in and watched the aniamtions and combat speed I was turned off immediately.  Game really needs to up its combat animations up a few notches its jsut to damn slow.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by gw1228

Seriously don't even think about spending cash on this game it's still very broken...

with the market they broke crafting.  Social server keeps going down, still falling through

just leave it alone guys and maybe finally this horror will go away....this is Sony's truly last

chance to try to ressurect this monstrosity....too bad they did it during the month when

Social Server issues were fixed over a day before you  posted this (the night of the 21st) and they were the reason why you couldn't trade/grouyp etc.  Crafting can actually be useful as any f2p player can use blue crafted gear. Ship building took a hit cause of the shop.  Falling through world is relatively rare unless your actually TRYING to do it.

You really should make sure your statements about the game (especially the social server) are accurate or it doesn't really make you look good.

I would kinda agree they might have done better not to release it during the same month as GW2 but give it about 1-2 months and those who find the GW2 experience to be shallow will come right back.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

That's not true at all, i played vanguard for over a year and loved it and i also love guild wars 2.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

But it does not affect you in any way, you don't even play, so why would you want to ruin the fun for the few thousands that plays the game? Why would you do that, what possible reason could you have? God why.

It's a niche game, why shouldn't there be a place for a niche game? Please use your brain before posting, not everything revolvs around you.

And compating guild wars 2 and vanguard is just so mind boogling dumb I just don't know what to tell you.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

I am having a blast as a f2p player. Im spending CASH in the in game shop. Why? Cuse I have once again fun in a mmo. Do I sit and write stuff about games that I dislike? Nope. Why? Because Ive fun in my game. I can only guess now, but you dont have so much fun in your games... Dont be mad bro 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Biskop

Why do you care about what other people spend their money on? Mind your own business ffs.

If you don't like the game, feel free to post criticism and discuss its shortcomings, but don't tell grown-ups what to do with their time and money.

/doublefacepalm

Hmm...i am interested in other people opinions and experinces with games. Sometimes it saves me a lot of trouble.

Originally posted by lifeordinary

/doublefacepalm

Hmm...i am interested in other people opinions and experinces with games. Sometimes it saves me a lot of trouble.

Yeah opinions...The op is just like the regular mm-zombie, lurking in  forums and nag about stuff that is the months flawor. His "opinion" is not a a real opinion, it is just ranting.  

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

/doublefacepalm

Posting opinions is a good thing, telling people what to do, based on your own personal and highly biased view, is not.

I dislike several games and frequently discuss them on forums, but I would never start a new thread telling people what to do with their money. I'd much rather highlight what I think is bad about the game in question and then let people make up their own minds.

/doublefacepalm

Posting opinions is a good thing, telling people what to do, based on your own personal and highly biased view, is not.

I dislike several games and frequently discuss them on forums, but I would never start a new thread telling people what to do with their money. I'd much rather highlight what I think is bad about the game in question and then let people make up their own minds.

Fully agree, just look at the ops titel of his thread... and just look at the ops post history...Opinions, everyone shouldnt have one.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

What people spend money on has nothing to do with you. Why the heck do you care if this game dies off or not?

The game is obviously made "not for you". Pretty much saying every game you were bad at should die off as well? 

• nonthalnonthal Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I have had a blast since I came back. Originally played at launch, then again in 09. Yep, still has some issues, but it is better and for once I actually feel like the Devs are moving forward on it. As long as I see continued progress, I will stay. Even starting to consider subbing again. I love the old school feel...and the world is so alive and huge.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

no, really, although i am one of those player who stand by side to side with VG since it's first month of release and played for 3 years, i still want to see it live..

sure, the community now isn't what it used to be anymore, but i am sure it's still great, especially with f2p, more players are playing and it's a good thing

i just couldnt bother going back as none of the people i knew are still playing, although i would love to logon to my character and maybe help the new players to like VG, but i am just very occupied with GW2 so far, so i hope you guys are having a fun times!

So What Now?

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Game will always have a place on my hardrive,especially now that its F2P..

I will always love vanguard,its unique and one of a kind.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

The concept was never the problem, it was the game itself which only seems to get worse as it tries to copy WoW more and more. At least in the past it had the chance of being a successful niche game. Then they try to lure people in with Brad McQuaid when it's obvious they already moved him to EQNext.

At least now we don't really have to warn you cuz the game is free to try anyways.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Vanguard feels like playing with half-melted green G.I Joe figurines in a kiddy pool of molasses.

...in a very pretty back yard

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by gw1228

do me a favour and grow up..not everyone on the planet likes gw2..if people wish to play this game sobeit.i for 1 played this game for 2 yrs and loved it despite all its faults..oh and if you want to mention auction house..how's trading on gw2 going..it is'nt is it..there auction house is kind of screwed atm.this game has been going 5 yrs  di you forget that small little piece of info.it may have a small population but its a dedicated population.

sorry misread your comment...but it sounds to me has if you died a lot and could'nt progress.you must be doin or done f2p.so there are limitations on that and every f2p game.