Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Realm Reborn should be listed as a new game!!

OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

This is a totally a new game made by 300 of square enix elites, instead of hired chinese dudes that made the first one! This game should be listed as an own game on mmorpg.com, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! And should be hyped and ranked  as a new game should be. Its unfair for A Realm Reborn to have this low rating when the old game will not even exist in the future!

The only reason that they retain the name, Final Fantasy XIV, is to obliterate all traces of their past mistakes and apologize to the players by giving players A Realm Reborn for free if they bought the earlier FFXIV. Square Enix should get cred for making this "remake" instead of just releasing a new game as a whole..

Come on. If Square Enix makes an awsome effort to do a TOTAL makeover of the game, shouldnt mmorpg.com do the same?

Just saying..

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

As much as I'd like to agree, I feel like if they call it a "new game", that I'd have to re-purchase it all over again, which I absolutely refuse to do.

I'll be subscribing of course, but I'm not re-buying.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by birdycephon

As much as I'd like to agree, I feel like if they call it a "new game", that I'd have to re-purchase it all over again, which I absolutely refuse to do.

Call it a free sequel or something, this is just semantics? Either way, this is what ARR is:

"We've basically scrapped the original game and are rebuilding it from the ground up. Other than some NPC graphics and some of the equipment graphics - where we'll be reusing some assets - everything is being remade.

Other than the main parts of the cities, all of the maps have been redesigned from the ground up. The UI is completely new - it uses no elements at all of the previous UI - it's an all-new interface.

The server architecture - all of the coding of the server systems have been rewritten. Then there's the graphics engine - this is an all-new graphics engine created specifically for FF14. So pretty much everything has changed."

All this in ~14 months, and some people kept saying they aren't doing anything to the game all this time? Dumbasses. They made a game we saw in action in a matter of 14 months when other devs take 3-5 YEARS to do the same, and only skipped on some of the pre-production at BEST. Streamlined as hell.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40
    Both is missing the purpose of this post.. Should the game be classified as a new game on MMORPG.COM and be added to the list of games that are in development, and get the chance to be hyped like any other new game?

No matter how MMORPG classifies this game, you will not have to pay a dime for A Realm Reborn. Square Enix's have been very clear that everyone who bought the first game will get to download A Realm Reborn for free. Even the old characters can be transferred to the new game .. It is clear that Square Enix are trying to do everything to save their fanbase and supporters!

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

Yeah, it should be classified as a new game and hyped as such. Check this out..........

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyxivarealmreborn

• Platform: Digital Download, Microsoft Windows® PC, PlayStation®3
    • Genre: MMORPG
    • Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
    • Release Date: TBD
    Also apparently from what I've heard they're taking all of the old FFXIV games off of the shelves instore. 
    Originally posted by Soaapy

Yeah, it should be classified as a new game and hyped as such. Check this out..........

The question is when MMORPG.COM will realize this! Wholesalers removing the old game's from the shelves as we speak .. I just think it's a shame that mmorpg.com do not give A Realm Reborn the same conditions as other games, where the hype in it self generate publicity!

Originally posted by Odhelm
    The question is when MMORPG.COM will realize this! Wholesalers removing the old game's from the shelves as we speak .. I just think it's a shame that mmorpg.com do not give A Realm Reborn the same conditions as other games, where the hype in it self generate publicity!

it's because it's not gw2 :p

Urrrghhhhhh!! >_<

Urrrghhhhhh!! >_<

lol, i was just joking. give it some time.. AAR already won a community choice award on one of those websites.

Yeah, I feel like there's something about this game.. Don't think it will be a wow-killer with millions and millions of subs (wow is killing themself just fine anyways) :)  But this could be a great game that Square Enix has made! I hope it will be at least as good as FFXI, but I prefer even better ;D
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

No. it should not be put up as a new game.

But - It should have the relevant data reset such as hype, review, ect ect

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Both is missing the purpose of this post.. Should the game be classified as a new game on MMORPG.COM and be added to the list of games that are in development, and get the chance to be hyped like any other new game?

If SE still calls it FF XIV and let you use the box it is still FFXIV even if it is a very different game.

But sure, MMORPG could put "A realm reborn" after the name on the forum.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I agree with the OP 100% and I think MMORPG.com will at least re-review at launch, and provide some build up hype during beta, whether they re-categorise it may depend on the state of the new version, and whether it wins enough over. They may have a policy of re-titling that won’t allow them, or just waiting to see how different it is. FFXIV may be getting another chance, but understand that it is it's absolute last. If you get what you want, you risk having to face the shame of its failure all over again.

I see some peoples point but at the same time, when an expansion comes out for a game like wow, this site has their own section for that expansion. like Wow MOP. Now that this game is getting the same kind of deal, I think it should get the same attention. It's a complete REBUILD of the game from the ground up. Only about 10% of the assets from the current version are being used. The remaining 90% of the game is brand new. I still don't see why there shouldn't be a FFXIV: AAR game listed. It'll give it a fresh start here also. Delete the rest of this shit for 1.x it's not useful anymore. 

Edit: just looked it up. a rename and a reset of hype ratings + updated info would be cool. the stickies though are kinda useless atm though. 

Originally posted by Loke666

If SE still calls it FF XIV and let you use the box it is still FFXIV even if it is a very different game.

But sure, MMORPG could put "A realm reborn" after the name on the forum.

I think that SE didnt have a choice in this matter.. What would've happen if they released this a new game and totally ignored the original FFXIV. Fans would riot if they released a new mmo and didnt give a shit about FFXIV.. This is the only way to recreate the confidence/trust with the fans.

The only thing that is left intact is the core-design.. but even that will change in some degree with the new graphic engine!

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I completely agree and posted this in one of MMORPG.com's official FFXIV posts recently. I hope they classify it as a new game since that is exactly what it is. They've only kept one or two actual pieces of the original game, one of which is the NPCs themselves (read this in an interview with Yoshida-san yesterday). 

It should definitely be classified as a new game, in development. Just my two cents. 

Originally posted by AliceKaye

I completely agree and posted this in one of MMORPG.com's official FFXIV posts recently. I hope they classify it as a new game since that is exactly what it is. They've only kept one or two actual pieces of the original game, one of which is the NPCs themselves (read this in an interview with Yoshida-san yesterday). 

It should definitely be classified as a new game, in development. Just my two cents. 

Even SE is saying FFXIV: AAR is under development with a "soon" release date on their main website. 

FYI!

Im installing FFXIV again just to get a chance of Legacy member, becouse Im so super excited of this game! :D

ARR shouldnt be released before november.. so maybe there's a chance of legacy still! I got to try! :)

FYI!

Im installing FFXIV again just to get a chance of Legacy member, becouse Im so super excited of this game! :D

ARR shouldnt be released before november.. so maybe there's a chance of legacy still! I got to try! :)

you could atleast get a level 50 while it's actually easy to get one

you could atleast get a level 50 while it's actually easy to get one

Wait a moment.. does players get Legacy if they have a lvl50 character?

Nope they don't. I just mean in AAR the amount of XP you have @ level 50 is 5x as much as you currently have at level 50. So obviously it's going to be a little more difficult to level up.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Call it a free sequel or something, this is just semantics? Either way, this is what ARR is:

"We've basically scrapped the original game and are rebuilding it from the ground up. Other than some NPC graphics and some of the equipment graphics - where we'll be reusing some assets - everything is being remade.

Other than the main parts of the cities, all of the maps have been redesigned from the ground up. The UI is completely new - it uses no elements at all of the previous UI - it's an all-new interface.

The server architecture - all of the coding of the server systems have been rewritten. Then there's the graphics engine - this is an all-new graphics engine created specifically for FF14. So pretty much everything has changed."

All this in ~14 months, and some people kept saying they aren't doing anything to the game all this time? Dumbasses. They made a game we saw in action in a matter of 14 months when other devs take 3-5 YEARS to do the same, and only skipped on some of the pre-production at BEST. Streamlined as hell.

Yeah this is really impressive and because of this FFXIV has resparked my interest in the franchise. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Really? Another FF14 is getting a new patch so please re-write history thread? 

It hasn't realeased yet. Noone knows if the copied terrain, Locked in place paths, Ultimate bunny with energy lvl 9000 that can kill a beginer in 1 hit is still there. 

Wada is still taking the lead, this speaks for itself really. 

If the game is any different that fine lets re-write the slate however ff14 looking amazing was never any of the games issues and until we get a playable copy this is all just a big hope post AGIAN. 

I am not trying to be mean but no it doesn't need its own little section it is not a new game until it's actually tested.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

LOL...

ARR isn't even an expansion.

It's a patch.

Stop crying for it to be called a new game.  It isn't.  They shouldn't have messed up the first one then they wouldn't have this issue to begin with.

Yes, I believe there should be a re-review.  But no, this is not a new game so suck it up.  It is a PATCH.  And for that matter, as it's taken as long as it has, I'm still not holding my breath that this will actually release and not be broken.

Originally posted by Ikeda

LOL...

ARR isn't even an expansion.

It's a patch.

Stop crying for it to be called a new game.  It isn't.  They shouldn't have messed up the first one then they wouldn't have this issue to begin with.

Yes, I believe there should be a re-review.  But no, this is not a new game so suck it up.  It is a PATCH.  And for that matter, as it's taken as long as it has, I'm still not holding my breath that this will actually release and not be broken.

So a game that only has about 10% of the original game remaining is only a patch? lol by 10% I mean already existing armor sets