Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you will fill up your 5 character slots right away?

2»

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

I am pretty bad with alts in MMOs, so I give it a week before all my slots are filled.

1. Human Thief

2. Charr Engineer

3. Sylvari Elementalist

4. Asura Mesmer

5. Norn Guardian

I have ruled out Warrior and Necro, neither interest me. May swap one out for a Ranger at a much later time, I am not in a hurry to play one though. Thief will be my first, followed shortly by Engineer. Never play the thief in most games but I enjoyed it in the last beta.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Pfft, 5? There's already gems waiting for me ingame, soon as I get in I'm purchasing 3 more slots and having one of every class. I played all the classes and loved them all, some more than others obvs, but they were all fun. And throughout all the betas and stress tests, I never got bored of repeating the content. Yes, I'm an alt-o-holic, and GW2 will keep me entertained for a veeeeeery long time.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    1. Human Thief
    2. Sylvari Mesmer
    3. Norn Guardian
    4. Charr Warrior
    5. Asura Engineer
    As others have echoed, part of the reason is to save names. Guild Wars is the only game I ever alted in. Guild Wars 2 will be the second game. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Bday presents and names
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB
    1 of each class straight away just in case of birthday presents in a years time! Coming up with the 8 names is troublesome.

+1 for bday gifts. Though I also want to reserve all my painfully researched names ;)

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    I already have 8 toons planned out. One for each profession

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i will

Norn Necro 

Human Engineer

Sylvari Mesmer

Charr Thief

Asura Warrior

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I will for the names aswell. :)
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by thamighty213
    Only to reserve my names

Same here.  I Didn't play GW1 so couldn't save them through those means.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by CaakEE
    ill for dem names.

Dear gamers.  Everyone knows you do this.  Other players need the names.  So on Nov. 1, we did a sweep of the character dbase and deleted every L1 toon created on the 25th.  Neener.

This has been another episode of "EvilGMs screwing wit da playaz".  Any resemblance to actual players, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by nolic1
    Originally posted by Nadia

you are correct - old GW1 names will expire soon

http://www.arena.net/blog/reserve-your-guild-wars-character-name-for-guild-wars-2-by-july-31

However, as we mentioned in a previous blog post, your Guild Wars character names will not be reserved indefinitely.

You must create a Guild Wars 2 character with the same name as your Guild Wars character during the Headstart Access period or on launch day.

Shortly after launch, we’ll free up all the unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.

Well as I said above It's only 3 names if I do make more my imaginantion can come up with alot more and not be things like puffybunnyboy or I Slay you but real fantasy type names my sig is my main's name.

Well hopefully no one takes your name. Question for you though. You know how you have a first and last name...is it possible to say go into options and hide your last name? I really want to have a first and last but only if it allows me the option of hiding the last when I want.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

all of them to claim my names

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

Oh and for me I'll probably just buy the extra slots. Think about the bag slots and what not..prob those as well or was it bank slots. Basically I'll prob purchase all essential things so I can get that out of the way. Also I don't really have any names I'll just make some up. Of course it takes me a while per character but I think today after work I'll sit down and make 8 names that no one could possibly come up with. I'll fill them up righ away though...

Perhaps something like"

Sylvari necro

Human Ele

Norn Ranger: there is a twist to this though. I want the starter pets that each race has, so as long as I can get all the pets then yes a Norn Ranger...if not Sylvari ranger..or Asura lol.

Asura Engi- wonder what the little dude would look like with a backpack on him

Char- something or other. Depends on where I put the Asura.

Norn- female mesmer or Asura mesmer

Sylvari-perhaps Warrior im not sure. I'll have to look up this one. But it would probably be a Norn Warrior.

Human- Guardian. Think the Asura is too small. But who knows I think I'll look at the armors again and go from there. Can't wait until work is over today. Lol this is what I'll be doing till 10 at night.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by Archeangel
    I've ready purchased the gems i need to buy my extra 3 character slots in order to have one of every profession.

^ This
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by Graey
    Well hopefully no one takes your name. Question for you though. You know how you have a first and last name...is it possible to say go into options and hide your last name? I really want to have a first and last but only if it allows me the option of hiding the last when I want.

You don't actually have a first and last name, you have one name that can include spaces. So, no, you cant hide part of it.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Not any time soon.

I usually stick to one character, there are two *maybe* three classes that interest me for the rest, but chances are I'll create a char for those and have it at level 5 or so for months :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!