Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon and Minecraft

Comments

• eyesadieyesadi Member UncommonPosts: 56

Totally agree.....It's NOT an mmo, AND, the graphics are TERRIBLE!

That said.......the gameplay is better than MANY, MANY mmo's.......

There is something to be said for gameplay.........quite a bit actually.....

And, i LOVE my graphics......remember.....i was dragged into the game.....But finding it's sinking it's roots into my very soul....

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

eyesadi:

"What is it about devs?" Ego. People these days, like Penintime, get all worked-up if you don't phrase your critiques in a groveling manner and write out their design documents for them. Pointing problems out should be enough to prompt action, but if you just point out problems their ego says "Oh he's just hating/trolling", and they ignore it.

Penintime:

You've honestly made the same post every single time in this thread "Mirokata is rude and lying. I think this game is worth it because it's fun and because it's growing. [Strawman about small vs giant companies]." Please, please, write something more substantial.. if you can.

On the "scam" topic you're so obsessed with: No, you clearly didn't read my "scam" thread, because you just went on a tangent about completely unrelated things. It is a shitty product, it does cost too much, but that's NOT what that thread was about. The thread was about the edits to the original feature page and the remaining *knowingly* false claims. Keep in mind, that feature page was literally what people were pre-ordering, since there was no other documentation/pictures/videos/beta to speak of. He said, "Come pre-order THIS game, it's 80% done and we're releasing in 2 weeks!", then released a year later, editted out the most ambitious features, and still kept *knowingly* false information in there. You can speculate and decide for youself if that was a "scam", or just extremely irresponsible, disrespectful and stupid business practice.

I think it's clear that, for you, the majority of the fun you get from these games is feeling like you're part of something special ("For me though, that different is more important because it is just the thing I haven't found in other games and that I was specifically looking for"), and that you had a hand in growing it ("I just prebought Embers of Caerus, which will maybe come out in four years"). These are qualities of a "fan", not of a "player". You still haven't told us why you enjoy "playing" Xsyon, just why you enjoy being a "fan" of it.

nutsodds:

What glorious payback that was.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

as i have not played xsyon i cant comment on it and wont. 

but MC can be very mmoish.  there are tons of server mods and player mods to give it an RPG feel from leveling up logging trees and swimming to getting more ore drops every time you mine and level up mining. or faster rates of collection on things.

as for graphics yes the default sucks. but given that mc is fully community modded you can add in a 256x HD realistic texture pack to make everything much more crisp.. while it wont ever be crys grade graphics i personally enjoy my cartoon x32/64 textures i use on it. 

if you take the time to check out mods or player run servers for minecraft and the mods they use you can be quite suprised by some of the neat things people develop for the game, as well as the fun interesting builds and items they make. 

but if you are dead set on a sandboxy mmo like xsyon i cant really help you there, most of the so called sandbox mmos i have checked out and read up on really have been pretty bloody flat in all mannor of gaming. either the graphics are so dated its harking back to 1980s or the game play is soo shallow pong has more action...

all i can say is good luck,  im quite content with MC for single playing and server gaming (though now 1.3.x has lan support you can semi MMO with friends on it via a single player world if you wanted)

• illmaculateillmaculate Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by nutsodds
    Hi, Mirokata and Illmaculate are the same person or from the same guild, I used to see them both posting shit in Xsyon forum from the beguinning. They are a trolls actually. Also he was suspicious to hack the site also lol For your information Mirokata was banned in Xsyon forums and after two days the site suffered a hack attack, Was you Judaries :) lol

Nutsodds and Penintime are the same person or from the same guild, I used to see them post nonsense on mmorpg from the beguinning. They are a trolls actually. Also they was suspicious of working for Notorious Games also lol For your information nutsodds is one of the GMs and speculated players actually cared enough to perpetrate a hack attack (lol), Was you nutsodds :)

lol A++ would read again. Truly based reversal

Almost every other day a new post from a fresh new account shows up on the Xsyon boards ultimately asking "I've been following along since the beginning and now that _____, I want to know..Is it time to try Xsyon?", even one here on MMORPG!

Clearly some pretty intense viral campaigning right there.
    This is clearly the work of viral campaigning, which IMO
  • PenintimePenintime Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Mirokata

eyesadi:

"What is it about devs?" Ego. People these days, like Penintime, get all worked-up if you don't phrase your critiques in a groveling manner and write out their design documents for them. Pointing problems out should be enough to prompt action, but if you just point out problems their ego says "Oh he's just hating/trolling", and they ignore it.

Yeah, I think people should try to be reasonable and respectful, even online. If you see that as "grovelling" then that says more about you than it does about me. Like I have said repeatedly, I agree that Xsyon has issues, and I am impatient for them to be fixed. But all games have issues and I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Penintime:

You've honestly made the same post every single time in this thread "Mirokata is rude and lying. I think this game is worth it because it's fun and because it's growing. [Strawman about small vs giant companies]." Please, please, write something more substantial.. if you can.

Just like you have made the same post 40 times in this forum, and countless times on every other site where Xsyon is mentioned. And for a game to be fun, well yeah that goes a pretty long way towards making it worth it. 

On the "scam" topic you're so obsessed with: No, you clearly didn't read my "scam" thread, because you just went on a tangent about completely unrelated things. It is a shitty product, it does cost too much, but that's NOT what that thread was about. The thread was about the edits to the original feature page and the remaining *knowingly* false claims. Keep in mind, that feature page was literally what people were pre-ordering, since there was no other documentation/pictures/videos/beta to speak of. He said, "Come pre-order THIS game, it's 80% done and we're releasing in 2 weeks!", then released a year later, editted out the most ambitious features, and still kept *knowingly* false information in there. You can speculate and decide for youself if that was a "scam", or just extremely irresponsible, disrespectful and stupid business practice.

Again, it is not a scam. I did read the thread and it it just bitterness and vitriol. They couldn't deliver some of the things they promised, that sucks. They refunded a bunch of people and kept working on the game to implement the features they had planned. Not a scam.

I think it's clear that, for you, the majority of the fun you get from these games is feeling like you're part of something special ("For me though, that different is more important because it is just the thing I haven't found in other games and that I was specifically looking for"), and that you had a hand in growing it ("I just prebought Embers of Caerus, which will maybe come out in four years"). These are qualities of a "fan", not of a "player". You still haven't told us why you enjoy "playing" Xsyon, just why you enjoy being a "fan" of it.

I think it is clear that, for you, the reason you keep posting incessantly about Xsyon is that you have a personal beef with the people behind Xsyon and you take pleasure in finding fault with it. It makes you feel big and bad and special saying mean stuff and trying to ruin others fun. You are a conspiracy theorist and anyone who disagrees with you must be in league with the bad guys. Ok, you don't like the game, it is not for everyone... that doesn't mean that anyone who likes it is a) an idiot or b) working for Notorious Games. It is pretty obvious that you like to think that you have a hand in bringing down Xsyon.

The reason I like that Xsyon is different isn't that it makes me feel special, it is simply that it has some features I want in a game and that it lacks certain other features that I detest. An example of what I like is a big world where I can make my mark, where I can go off exploring and gather resources, build many different buildings and admire others, craft many different items. I like the aesthetics, the graphics, compared to Minecraft, a tale in the sand, wurm.  Some of the things I am glad are not in Xsyon (that are in basically every other game out there): elves, classes, anime-style, revealing female armor, numbers and symbols flashing across your screen at the speed of light in combat, crappy storyline quests, etc.

I get that you are snowblind and all but if you read my post you will see that I brought up prebuying Embers of Caerus to make a point about another subject; the issue of people's willingness to pay for games and sub fees.

You don't get to decide who is a real "player", they come in all forms. Do you really think I care that you consider it uncool to like stuff? The fact that you can't respect or even take someone's word for it that they simply enjoy the game, that is pretty telling. 

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Penintime
    I think it is clear that, for you, the reason you keep posting incessantly about Xsyon is that you have a personal beef with the people behind Xsyon and you take pleasure in finding fault with it. It makes you feel big and bad and special saying mean stuff and trying to ruin others fun. You are a conspiracy theorist and anyone who disagrees with you must be in league with the bad guys. Ok, you don't like the game, it is not for everyone... that doesn't mean that anyone who likes it is a) an idiot or b) working for Notorious Games. It is pretty obvious that you like to think that you have a hand in bringing down Xsyon.

The reason I like that Xsyon is different isn't that it makes me feel special, it is simply that it has some features I want in a game and that it lacks certain other features that I detest. An example of what I like is a big world where I can make my mark, where I can go off exploring and gather resources, build many different buildings and admire others, craft many different items. I like the aesthetics, the graphics, compared to Minecraft, a tale in the sand, wurm.  Some of the things I am glad are not in Xsyon (that are in basically every other game out there): elves, classes, anime-style, revealing female armor, numbers and symbols flashing across your screen at the speed of light in combat, crappy storyline quests, etc.

I get that you are snowblind and all but if you read my post you will see that I brought up prebuying Embers of Caerus to make a point about another subject; the issue of people's willingness to pay for games and sub fees.

You don't get to decide who is a real "player", they come in all forms. Do you really think I care that you consider it uncool to like stuff? The fact that you can't respect or even take someone's word for it that they simply enjoy the game, that is pretty telling. 

My biggest problem is the listed features when most people bought and quit the game were changed. Now we are left with very little players playing Xsyon (there is no dispute about this).

I'm sure there are many reasons for that, but I would say the biggest reason is due to the last of upholding the listed features. Xsyon has swayed away from the first features list, and it shows how many people are not following the game now because of it.

Game is lacking in content of what to do with the current features. There is no reason behind all the grind. With the recent nerf to crafting, even vets like me are asking outselves "Why?" why are we grinding out skills if there is no reason to do it?

The "Real players" are the ones that first bought the game off the listed features they were told would be in game. Now the ones left after what was really put into the game whine for something and the direction has completely changed.

Xsyon needs to forget about the 20 to 30 people currently playing the game and get back on path with the main focus of the game.

-MrDDT

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177

Problem is...what do you think is the main focus of the game?  I don't think he has deviated from his goal (except for carts), it has just taken 10x longer than we would like.

The issue with the initial release, besides the crappy performance and buggy client, was that open world PvP and full loot were part of the feature list.  Jordi wrongly thought he could have those as mere points on a list without them being the primary focus of the entire game.  MO and DFO players saw those two bullet points and poured in thinking it was going to be a gank fest when it was actually a "rebuild society" type crafting game.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

My biggest problem is the listed features when most people bought and quit the game were changed. Now we are left with very little players playing Xsyon (there is no dispute about this).

I'm sure there are many reasons for that, but I would say the biggest reason is due to the last of upholding the listed features. Xsyon has swayed away from the first features list, and it shows how many people are not following the game now because of it.

Game is lacking in content of what to do with the current features. There is no reason behind all the grind. With the recent nerf to crafting, even vets like me are asking outselves "Why?" why are we grinding out skills if there is no reason to do it?

The "Real players" are the ones that first bought the game off the listed features they were told would be in game. Now the ones left after what was really put into the game whine for something and the direction has completely changed.

Xsyon needs to forget about the 20 to 30 people currently playing the game and get back on path with the main focus of the game.

Yep, true. Lack of players makes a big difference, the world feels empty sometimes. I feel a bit differently about the lack of #"purpose" though, I think it is less about purpose (I take that to mean a reason for doing it that is storyline based, "why" would I build etc) and more about demand. Building and crafting is fun i Xsyon IMHO. But like DDT has pointed out there is a problem with the economy in Xsyon. This is my biggest issue with the game right now, and I think fixing that would solve the issue that people who have been playing for a longer time than me have when they have built and made things and it is no longer new and exciting. If there were more players, and if the economy worked, people would be hounding these old vets to buy their supreme stuff and that would be a purpose to make them.

Another purpose is that as far as I understand Xsyon is in Prelude, when people are building the world to prepare for a battle between good and evil and the end of the world (again). Supposedly these things we are making will be useful and needed in the future.

Originally posted by Drevar

MO and DFO players saw those two bullet points and poured in thinking it was going to be a gank fest when it was actually a "rebuild society" type crafting game.

But Xsyon PvP is a gankfest... the only reason the world isn't filled with people attacking you as soon as you leave your safezone is because no one plays the game.

The migrating MO and DFO players weren't actually interested in a "gankfest", or they would still be freely slaying and looting all over the world of Xsyon. They were interested in a proposed sandbox game with skillful PvP gameplay and territory control that allowed for resource-based power struggles and immersive in-game politics and economy. Turns out resources are bountiful, territories are permanent and invincible, and PvP gameplay is horrible.

Yep, true. Lack of players makes a big difference, the world feels empty sometimes. I feel a bit differently about the lack of #"purpose" though, I think it is less about purpose (I take that to mean a reason for doing it that is storyline based, "why" would I build etc) and more about demand.

You think we've been asking for backstory for our characters? lol...

Building and crafting is fun i Xsyon IMHO. But like DDT has pointed out there is a problem with the economy in Xsyon. This is my biggest issue with the game right now, and I think fixing that would solve the issue that people who have been playing for a longer time than me have when they have built and made things and it is no longer new and exciting. If there were more players, and if the economy worked, people would be hounding these old vets to buy their supreme stuff and that would be a purpose to make them.

Care to expand on why you find building and crafting in Xsyon fun? Because it is "new and exciting"?

You've condensed a lot into that little phrase "if the economy worked". There is probably enough work in that task to keep NG busy for another decade or two. I love the singular "there is *a* problem with the economy".

Even if vets had unlimited demand of their product, they would still need a reason to want to make that profit. So you converted 40 hours of Xsyon playing into a billion nails after selling every new player a new supreme set... what are you going to do with that?

What about when those new players become vets... now there needs to be that many new players for each new vet to create enough demand for that new set of vets to create things??

Also, if there is an ever growing number of people capable of getting and combining resources into supreme sets, making them cheaper and more prevelant, who is buying the sub-supreme sets/materials? No one. If you're a non-maxed crafter, basicaly all you do in the game is grind until you become another drop in the pond of the end-game industry.

Finally, just think about how easy items are to bring into the world (press scavenge, press gather, etc). Now think about how hard it is to actually lose items from the world (slow decay). In fact, some items are completely invulnerable, like buildings; they're never lost. Obviously over time theres going to be so many items in the world that people will probably WANT to stop bringing them in -- then what?

So maybe you think "oh, just balance decay with gathering"! But keep in mind, EVERYTHING you do in Xsyon is either gathering or crafting. It doesn't take a genius to see that this problem can't be solved, since gatherers would be losing more value in decay than they can generate through their profession.

Xsyon is simply too one-dimensional to have a functioning economy.

Another purpose is that as far as I understand Xsyon is in Prelude, when people are building the world to prepare for a battle between good and evil and the end of the world (again). Supposedly these things we are making will be useful and needed in the future.

Yeah... roleplaying stocking up for a war isn't a valid purpose.

You think we've been asking for backstory for our characters? lol...

You know, being condescending doesn't magically make you have a valid point.

You've condensed a lot into that little phrase "if the economy worked". There is probably enough work in that task to keep NG busy for another decade or two. I love the singular "there is *a* problem with the economy".

There are very few games that have a functioning economy. Do you realize how complex in-game economics are? That Xsyon doesn't have one hardly singles it out amongst the mmos out there. They are working on the game, it is getting better all the time.

Even if vets had unlimited demand of their product, they would still need a reason to want to make that profit. So you converted 40 hours of Xsyon playing into a billion nails after selling every new player a new supreme set... what are you going to do with that?

These types of in absurdum arguments are pointless. Same problem as in any other game. In the end, it is just a game, there are no real reasons to do anyting, other than that you get enjoyment from it. If you don't, don't do it. IRL why is not everyone driving around in a Ferarri? If everyone did, why would people make them? Do billionaires just lay down and die? You don't have a point here, because this wouldn't happen.

What about when those new players become vets... now there needs to be that many new players for each new vet to create enough demand for that new set of vets to create things??

You mean like a pyramid scheme, well how is that different from any other game? There are standard functions to minimize that and there is not reason they wouldn't worj in Xsyon, just as well (not very well judging by other games).

Also, if there is an ever growing number of people capable of getting and combining resources into supreme sets, making them cheaper and more prevelant, who is buying the sub-supreme sets/materials? No one. If you're a non-maxed crafter, basicaly all you do in the game is grind until you become another drop in the pond of the end-game industry.

Again, this is a problem in many games, so you should be complaining about games in general, not Xsyon in particular. You are looking into a hypothetical future here where Prelude never ends and decay is not implemented. Today that is not relevant to Xsyon, most people do not have supreme armor and therefore a medium quality item is desired by many people who are just starting out, or who are focusing on other aspects of the game.

Finally, just think about how easy items are to bring into the world (press scavenge, press gather, etc). Now think about how hard it is to actually lose items from the world (slow decay). In fact, some items are completely invulnerable, like buildings; they're never lost. Obviously over time theres going to be so many items in the world that people will probably WANT to stop bringing them in -- then what?

So maybe you think "oh, just balance decay with gathering"! But keep in mind, EVERYTHING you do in Xsyon is either gathering or crafting. It doesn't take a genius to see that this problem can't be solved, since gatherers would be losing more value in decay than they can generate through their profession.

Yeah, umm decay would fix that, clearly the opposite can't be argued as I can't prove it and you cannot prove it either, we'll just have to wait and see - well, those of us who haven't made out minds up that is. Basically you are saying, Xsyon has a crappy economy and it can't be fixed, but EVEN IF THEY DID it would still be crappy blabla. Talk about covering all bases... Again, you don't want Xsyon to improve. Of course the Xsyon economy can be fixed, I hope it will be. No doubt you will still hold that it is unfixable long after that happens.

Xsyon is simply too one-dimensional to have a functioning economy.

blabla this thread is starting to meka me feel like I'm standing in a barrel of sand trying to dig for water.

Yeah... roleplaying stocking up for a war isn't a valid purpose.

Not for you apparently. For people who are having fun in the process, it is a different story. I roleplay that I am a survivor of the apocalypse, I suddenly have to learn how to do things I never thought I'd have to do, such as kill racoons that are bigger than me and lizard like rodents who try to eat me. Along with my fellow survivors we strive to protect ourselves aainst the wildlife ( upcoming creature migration), and for the uncertain future.

I'm kind of tired trying to argue against you because you keep moving the goal post. Why do I think crafting in Xsyon is fun? Oh, why do I get the feeling this is a trick question? LOL.

Penintime, I think you are missing the main point he is trying to make. He doesnt care if YOU find it fun, the point is most people do not find it fun, there is no doubt about this.

Next is the economy issue, you believe its not working, he believes its not working. You play it off like its some simple fix that they are working on yet everything points to it getting worse. Then you state how hard it is to have a working economy. I would have to say Xsyon has the worst economy I've ever seen in a Sandbox game, and maybe even in any game ever. Being that bad is saying just how far off they are on this economy issue. Which even yourself says would likely be the biggest point to bring people to play the game again.

Last, Im sooo tired of hearing "A lot of people" there is nothing to be done in saying "A lot of people" and Xsyon in the same terms save for "A lot of people" are not playing Xsyon. There is no a lot coming back, there is no a lot playing and there is no a lot quitting. Xsyon has such a small base of people following it, followed it, and playing it, there is no use for the phrase "a lot". 1000s of people quit Xsyon, I doubt if 1000s will ever play Xsyon again even if it turned out to be the best sandbox ever. I truly believe that Xsyon messed up so bad on release for so many reasons, and then after release with its horribly slow updates and lack of proper prioritization.

-MrDDT

Actually, I just wanted to know what she finds fun about Xsyon, since the fact that she hasn't been able to actually answer that question yet makes me wonder. Penintime, you told us that you like Xsyon because it has some features and lacks other.. except virtually no sandboxes have any of those negative features you listed, and most sandboxs also have the features you like, like a big world where you can make your mark, explore, gather, build, admire, craft, etc.... AKA the features that define the sandbox genre. The thing that wins you over to Xsyon is apparently the aesthetics and graphics.

The way you phrase it makes it sound like you haven't even actually played Xsyon. You just listed high-level features as the reason you enjoy playing a game; that's ridiculous. Treat this like you're selling Xsyon gameplay to someone who has played every other sandbox game out there -- what do you say?

I don't know why you think this is a trick question, cause it should be really, really simple... that is, if you actually have fun playing Xsyon.

Ex. I had fun crafting in ATITD because the process of making items always involved some interesting and involving mechanic implemented through a phsyical object in the game world, which really added to the immersion. They ranged from simple (baking bricks in the sun) to complex (operating a furnace, using tools to shape metal on an anvil). Failure was possible, but never felt unfair since you were always responsible for the failure, not some random number generator.

Originally posted by MrDDT

Penintime, I think you are missing the main point he is trying to make. He doesnt care if YOU find it fun, the point is most people do not find it fun, there is no doubt about this.

Next is the economy issue, you believe its not working, he believes its not working. You play it off like its some simple fix that they are working on yet everything points to it getting worse. Then you state how hard it is to have a working economy. I would have to say Xsyon has the worst economy I've ever seen in a Sandbox game, and maybe even in any game ever. Being that bad is saying just how far off they are on this economy issue. Which even yourself says would likely be the biggest point to bring people to play the game again.

Last, Im sooo tired of hearing "A lot of people" there is nothing to be done in saying "A lot of people" and Xsyon in the same terms save for "A lot of people" are not playing Xsyon. There is no a lot coming back, there is no a lot playing and there is no a lot quitting. Xsyon has such a small base of people following it, followed it, and playing it, there is no use for the phrase "a lot". 1000s of people quit Xsyon, I doubt if 1000s will ever play Xsyon again even if it turned out to be the best sandbox ever. I truly believe that Xsyon messed up so bad on release for so many reasons, and then after release with its horribly slow updates and lack of proper prioritization.

I understood his question, and it seems I was right, as him not actually believing that I could really find it fun. So that is what I answered. I kinda think that is a crappy starting point for any constructive discussion. 

As to your criticisms, I pretty much agree with you, though I may not know how to phrase it well and I sure as heck don't know how to fix it. But having said that, even in spite of those faults, I still enjoy the game and I think that is worth pointing out.

"A lot of people", I am referring to the people in my tribe and some others I know. I don't mean hundreds, just trying to make the point that it isn't a case of  just me being crazy and spending hours in Xsyon all alone sitting in a hole where I am stuck and not getting help from a guide to get out and grinding awls and chisels for several hours on end saying to myself "oh what fun!". 

I hope more people will come and I hope the game fixes some things before that happens. We'll see what happens with all this advertising and kickstarter etc on the horizon.

Actually, I just wanted to know what she finds fun about Xsyon, since the fact that she hasn't been able to actually answer that question yet makes me wonder. Penintime, you told us that you like Xsyon because it has some features and lacks other.. except virtually no sandboxes have any of those negative features you listed, and most sandboxs also have the features you like, like a big world where you can make your mark, explore, gather, build, admire, craft, etc.... AKA the features that define the sandbox genre. The thing that wins you over to Xsyon is apparently the aesthetics and graphics.

It really is that simple, I like the combination of features I listed and the lack of ones I don't like. All the sandboxes I have seen that have a similar sized world, level of graphics (or better), etc, always have one of the "dealbreaker" features that I can't stand. And the ones who don't have any of these features are for example wurm or minecraft and frankly I can't live with the visual side of it, the soulless worlds, the identical toons. So it isn't just visuals, but the combination of features. If, as you claim, there are lots of better games that match my criteria, please tell me, I'd be delighted.

The way you phrase it makes it sound like you haven't even actually played Xsyon. You just listed high-level features as the reason you enjoy playing a game; that's ridiculous. Treat this like you're selling Xsyon gameplay to someone who has played every other sandbox game out there -- what do you say?

I'm not out to sell Xsyon to anyone, I just want people who might be looking for the same thing I was, not to be deterred without trying it for themselves. Look, it seems that you think there are "real gamers" and then other people- who's opinions and experiences don't matter. I don't care if "it sounds like I haven't even played Xsyon" or if my explanation is "ridiculous" to you. What is ridiculous to me is that you can't just take my word for it - not that the game is good of course, but that I like it. It is like if I said my favourite ice cream is chocolate and you said "explain it or I won't believe it" and "that is such a shallow explanation, it makes me think you haven't even had chocolate ice cream" "your only motivation for liking choc ice cream is that it is creamy and chocolatey - that is ridiculous!" No, it is my opinion. It is subjective, just like yours. 

I don't know why you think this is a trick question, cause it should be really, really simple... that is, if you actually have fun playing Xsyon.

Ok, I admit, it was all a joke - I have never played it, and when I didn't play it, I HATED it! I was just winding you up all this time! 

Ex. I had fun crafting in ATITD because the process of making items always involved some interesting and involving mechanic implemented through a phsyical object in the game world, which really added to the immersion. They ranged from simple (baking bricks in the sun) to complex (operating a furnace, using tools to shape metal on an anvil). Failure was possible, but never felt unfair since you were always responsible for the failure, not some random number generator. 

I love the world. how it consists of mostly realistic and lush wilderness. When I am in game I really do feel like a survivor of an apocalypse, this is what the world might look like, with nature taking over and people here and there, trying to make a living where and how they can. I love the building simulation feel, where I can make my own estate, just how I want it. It is a lot of fun designing how I want it to look, and it is taking a hell of a lot of effort but when it is done I will be super proud. I like to set off and just walk, as far as I can go before I get eaten by some critter, and look at what other people are building, meeting new people and exploring, with few things disturbing my immersion. I like the stark contrast between my hermit moments on the one hand, and the cooperative aspect on the other; I chat and hang out with the people who live close by and when a mutant drifts by we scream and run and sometimes we fight and often we die together. Doing all this in a world that again has the combination of features, is what it is about for me.

To me it is mostly about ambiance, not game mechanics. When those technical aspects are improved I will be even happier and have even more fun. If that never happens, I will probably enjoy Xsyon until another game comes along that can give me even more of what I want. But in itself, it is a world where I like to be. I work on my homestead, wander in the mountains, admire the creativity of other players and enjoy the community.

Again my problem you are talking about 100s of people, yet there hasnt been 100s of people in Xsyon since release.

You care to tell us how many people you are playing with in your tribe and friendly tribes you are having so much fun with? I bet its under 20.

I know what tribe you are in. There is very few people playing in your tribe and in the game. My point is stop trying to mislead people to "Check it out" when there is no way for them to check it out without buying this at best game that should still be in beta.

This game is lacking massive features. You saying you have fun in Xsyon great, you are one of the very very few I would say maybe 10 people are having that kind of fun in the game. Next, I can have fun in  just about in game if I'm playing with a buddy of mine and we are just laughing and joking and not caring about the game.

Try not to scam people into buying the game just because you want more people playing the game. Better is to lay out the facts, give your opinions on what you like and dislike and let them choose. Dont purposely hide issues the game has like only about 30 people online at anyone time playing. Or the poor combat and crafting systems, the horrid economy, the worst PVE Ive seen in just about any game etc.

I would not tell anyone to try this game in its current state. With the guide abuse, the lack of features, the crashing, the lag spikes, the bad combat, the horrid PVE, the PVP lacking any type of moves or goals, the broken economy, the slow development and the grind of a crafting system. With its 1 rewarding feature is the building/terraforming system. I can not see anyone really having fun in this game. I'm also sure your fun will be short lived once you start to understand the game more.

Can Xsyon be a great game, I'm sure it can. Im here to help try to offer bug reports and add suggestions to making that happen. It will only work so far. If the devs dont take those ideas and put them in the game correctly instead of 1/2 asred then not much else players can do.

Example. Planting trees is a great idea. Poorly done. Instead of having a robust system for planting trees that used economy, skills and tools. They had it so you pick up a seed, and right click and plant it. That's the tree planting system. There is no using a shovel to dig a patch of dirt, there is no watering it, there is no way to use different types of soil, there is no way to use a tool to prune it, or harvest saplings, or anyway to improve the tree once you put the seed in the ground.

Great idea, turned into a meh idea at best. This is where I believe the core of the problem is, the Devs just dont focus on fixing the problems and updating features with good working features. They are so intend on knee jerk reactions to these couple of dozen of players they have trying to fix issues that are not really issues.

Like able to open doors of tribes that build doors near their border. They updated that you cant open the door unless you are in that tribe all because a few players didnt know that if they were overlapping the edge of the tribe lands they could be opened by anyone. This hurt NO ONE in game, you still couldnt steal from their tribe, you couldnt attack them, and many people built like this knowing it was able to be done so that other players could come into their tribes. No they had to fix it because a few players started to cry about it.

Ive been around a long time, and the changes I've been seeing are a major step in the wrong directions. (I do like this rezoning of areas, if only they put more planning into it)

-MrDDT

Again my problem you are talking about 100s of people, yet there hasnt been 100s of people in Xsyon since release.

Well, if you actually READ my post before flying off the handle you would see why your entire response is way off as I clearly said I DIDN'T mean there were hundreds of players. I DID .NOT. MEAN HUNDREDS. 

This game is lacking massive features. You saying you have fun in Xsyon great, you are one of the very very few I would say maybe 10 people are having that kind of fun in the game. Next, I can have fun in  just about in game if I'm playing with a buddy of mine and we are just laughing and joking and not caring about the game.

So me having fun isn't valid because I am one of a few? Again I'm getting bloody fed up with the snobbism on this forum. I haven't made any claims other than about my personal opinion.

Try not to scam people into buying the game just because you want more people playing the game. Better is to lay out the facts, give your opinions on what you like and dislike and let them choose. Dont purposely hide issues the game has like only about 30 people online at anyone time playing. Or the poor combat and crafting systems, the horrid economy, the worst PVE Ive seen in just about any game etc.

Oh, so now I am scamming? I like the game, I am not lying about that, what can I say? Again, I did not claim that there are hundreds of people, read my post. Chill out, because I am not trying to paint the game as some perfect product - just trying to provide a bit of nuanace because this thread, actually this entire forum, is so biased towards negativity it is unbelieveble. I have laid out the facts and given my opinion, so have you, what is the problem? The problem is when people start going out of line and talking about how Xsyon is a scam and claiming that I must be an empolyee of NG because I play the game and don't hate it. 

I would not tell anyone to try this game in its current state. With the guide abuse, the lack of features, the crashing, the lag spikes, the bad combat, the horrid PVE, the PVP lacking any type of moves or goals, the broken economy, the slow development and the grind of a crafting system. With its 1 rewarding feature is the building/terraforming system. I can not see anyone really having fun in this game. I'm also sure your fun will be short lived once you start to understand the game more.

I would tell someone to buy the game if they are looking for what I was looking for; that certain aestethic, the ambiance, building and terraforming tools, cool tribes to hang out in. There are clearly people who are looking for that, those people hearing my side of things would not be scammed. They might not be the hardcore gamers, but really, not everyone who play mmos are, some just want a interesting lore, a detailed world to be in. For those people, my opinion is valid. MrDDT you are a different kind of gamer from me, so try to remember that when you say that you can't see anyone really having fun in this game; not everyone is like you. I don't have much time to spend on games, I will probably never max out most of my skills or reach that end-game scenario when I have nothing left to do - or if I do, either the game will have progressed or I will move on to something else. That goes for other gamers too, not everyone is even looking for that. 

My point is stop trying to mislead people to "Check it out" when there is no way for them to check it out without buying this at best game that should still be in beta.

I agree, it is like a beta game. I would tell people who want to try it to hang on because it seems there will be free trials soon. So no need to gamble the 40 bucks.

You understand that NOT telling your friend about all the other issues with the game and only pointing out the good things is scamming right?

It would be like me selling a car and saying. Oh man this car gets great MPG and its very fast, it rides smooth. Oh I forgot to tell you that it breaks down every 10mins, you cant drive it in the USA where you live because the EPA will not allow it, the tires will fall off it after 2 miles.

With friends like you, I would hate to see what my enimies would be like.

I didnt say you said 100s were playing, I'm saying you even brought up the realm of 100s. The game isnt even close to having 100s in it, why would you use that as a gauge? It would be like me saying "Well yeah there isnt a lot of people playing Diablo 3, there isnt Billions of people playing it" why dont you use a real term so people can gauge the depth of what I'm saying. There isnt 50 online. We are talking about 10s of people playing it not even in the realm of 100s yet. Ive seen more people on a minecraft server than in the MMO of Xsyon.

About you having fun. I didnt say you were not having fun or couldnt have fun. I was pointing out that I have fun in the crappest games in the world doesnt mean I would tell my friends "Hey this is a good game come play it", I'm having fun not because of the game itself but because my friends are playing it, or I met some cool people.

You say you "layed out facts" and "gave my opinions".

You didnt lay out crap for facts, you gave your very very bias and short sighted opinions. When people are laying out the facts you try to slam them saying "Hey I'm somoene having fun in the game because I like things that no one else likes thus the game is good"

Why are these forums biased to negative opinions? Because of how many people dislike the game, 1000s of people were burned when Xsyon was released. Nothing has changed really to make the game so even 10% of those people want to come back. That's why there is so much hate. On top of that things are getting worse not better. Between the guide abuse, the censorship on the live forums, and the very lack of updates I dont see this game ever having more than 100 people online.

About Xsyon being a scam, I dont think its a scam. I'm saying you are scamming people because of you lack of giving them the full truth of the game, you trying to paint it all rosie when there are many many many many many many (is that enough manys?) issues with Xsyon, that you fail to talk about or you pass over with a simple wave of your hand in a small statement like "Economy isnt great, but what games have a working economy?" as if economy in Xsyon is even remotely working. Heck they still have yet to fix a trade bug where you can scam other players by hitting accept 2 times in a trade you know why? No one cares, no one freaking trades at all.

MrDDT you are a different kind of gamer from me, so try to remember that when you say that you can't see anyone really having fun in this game; not everyone is like you. I don't have much time to spend on games, I will probably never max out most of my skills or reach that end-game scenario when I have nothing left to do - or if I do, either the game will have progressed or I will move on to something else.

I want to quote this to show you how bad you are talking about here.

You say you are not like me. I'm sure of this. Next you talk about how you likely wont reach end game scenario when you have nothing left to do or if you do you will MOVE ON, let me point out how many others said the same exact thing as you over a year ago. You know what? They quit. They moved on. Again you fail to see the issue here. Even people like you who are in love with this game will QUIT!!! Sure it might take you a few months vs someone like my type of player will figure it out in a week or so, but you still quit, because of the same reasons I've already stated and you are trying to defend it. Its clear to me your types dont understand what this does. You play the game and throw it away. Your statements on how its so fun to you "now" isn't helping the game. Xsyon is not keeping players for really any length of time. Sure there is a very small % like you who likely will play it 2 or even 6 months, but after that time you will quit. Instead of saying "I love this game its fun" and leaving out all the issues, why not post something worthwhile that will help the game on ways to make it better for you. Because there will become a time when you are done with the game due to the same issues we are talking about. Then you will either have 2 choices. 1)You will leave without a word. Or 2)Be like many of the people posting here, posting why the game is doing crappy.

You talk about "not everyone is looking for that" I'm not looking for everyone to play Xsyon, but cant we both agree that more than a couple dozen online is not enough?

-MrDDT

You understand that NOT telling your friend about all the other issues with the game and only pointing out the good things is scamming right?

It would be like me selling a car and saying. Oh man this car gets great MPG and its very fast, it rides smooth. Oh I forgot to tell you that it breaks down every 10mins, you cant drive it in the USA where you live because the EPA will not allow it, the tires will fall off it after 2 miles.

With friends like you, I would hate to see what my enimies would be like.

No, it isn't like that at all, because it is about context. This thread is full of people talking about these issues, I don't have to reiterate them all every time. Your car analogy doesn't apply. It is more like were looking at a car with some other people, they are discussing the issues and the pros and cons, how it is basically a shell and needs total refurbishment, but if a project is what you are looking for then it might be a good deal. Then someone comes in and says "the car is stolen, they real owner is a gangster who will kill anyone who is cought driving it, oh and there is a dead decomposing homeless person in the trunk". I say - no, that isn't true, the car is used but it isn't stolen and I checked the trunk earlier and it was empty. Am I a bad friend for not also repeating all the other issues, when we both just heard about them? I am not trying to paint an overly rosy picture here, I just want certain people (I don't mean you) to take off their foil hats and stop lying. 

I didnt say you said 100s were playing, I'm saying you even brought up the realm of 100s. The game isnt even close to having 100s in it, why would you use that as a gauge? It would be like me saying "Well yeah there isnt a lot of people playing Diablo 3, there isnt Billions of people playing it" why dont you use a real term so people can gauge the depth of what I'm saying. There isnt 50 online. We are talking about 10s of people playing it not even in the realm of 100s yet. Ive seen more people on a minecraft server than in the MMO of Xsyon.

I guess you interpreted me wrong then because I was trying to make the point that there are not even hundreds playing. You are marking words now which is needless because I admit that there ia a very low population, to the point where saying even hundreds would be an exaggeration. 

About you having fun. I didnt say you were not having fun or couldnt have fun. I was pointing out that I have fun in the crappest games in the world doesnt mean I would tell my friends "Hey this is a good game come play it", I'm having fun not because of the game itself but because my friends are playing it, or I met some cool people.

Only I don't think Xsyon is a shitty game so me saying it isn't isn't untrue. I haven't claimed that all the deatures are great and working, I have described other aspects that I like, and yeah they are subjective, so is any opinon, on account of being an opinion.

You say you "layed out facts" and "gave my opinions".

You didnt lay out crap for facts, you gave your very very bias and short sighted opinions. When people are laying out the facts you try to slam them saying "Hey I'm somoene having fun in the game because I like things that no one else likes thus the game is good"

Again, I listed the features I likes, if you find them irrelevant that isn't my problem. I don't slam people who criticise it, I "slam" people who 1) claim the game is a scam - it isn't. 2) Talk about features that have been changed and are therefore no longer relevant, or representative or gameplay. 3) Go to personal attack against people, arguing ethnicity or language to dismiss their opinion. 4) Suggest that anyone who likes the game must work for NG, that is ridiculous.

About Xsyon being a scam, I dont think its a scam. I'm saying you are scamming people because of you lack of giving them the full truth of the game, you trying to paint it all rosie when there are many many many many many many (is that enough manys?) issues with Xsyon, that you fail to talk about or you pass over with a simple wave of your hand in a small statement like "Economy isnt great, but what games have a working economy?" as if economy in Xsyon is even remotely working. Heck they still have yet to fix a trade bug where you can scam other players by hitting accept 2 times in a trade you know why? No one cares, no one freaking trades at all.

I am as you say "simply waving my hand" here, saying that the game has some promise, it also has real issues to discuss, so let's not make up false and fabricated ones.

MrDDT you are a different kind of gamer from me, so try to remember that when you say that you can't see anyone really having fun in this game; not everyone is like you. I don't have much time to spend on games, I will probably never max out most of my skills or reach that end-game scenario when I have nothing left to do - or if I do, either the game will have progressed or I will move on to something else.

I want to quote this to show you how bad you are talking about here.

You say you are not like me. I'm sure of this. Next you talk about how you likely wont reach end game scenario when you have nothing left to do or if you do you will MOVE ON, let me point out how many others said the same exact thing as you over a year ago. You know what? They quit. They moved on. Again you fail to see the issue here. Even people like you who are in love with this game will QUIT!!! Sure it might take you a few months vs someone like my type of player will figure it out in a week or so, but you still quit, because of the same reasons I've already stated and you are trying to defend it. Its clear to me your types dont understand what this does. You play the game and throw it away. Your statements on how its so fun to you "now" isn't helping the game. Xsyon is not keeping players for really any length of time. Sure there is a very small % like you who likely will play it 2 or even 6 months, but after that time you will quit. Instead of saying "I love this game its fun" and leaving out all the issues, why not post something worthwhile that will help the game on ways to make it better for you. Because there will become a time when you are done with the game due to the same issues we are talking about. Then you will either have 2 choices. 1)You will leave without a word. Or 2)Be like many of the people posting here, posting why the game is doing crappy.

But the thing is, I don't know how to fix the game, so I'm not going to pretend that I do. Of course players coming and rage quitting is really destructive to the game, but there is also the problem where if new people don't try it, or if only people like you who are long timers and hardcore players who know and think about every mechanic and feature play it,  they don't have the money to fix the shit they need to fix. If I do get bored and quit, I might come back and tell people "yeah it got boring". I wouldn't however take it personal and start lying about it. 

You talk about "not everyone is looking for that" I'm not looking for everyone to play Xsyon, but cant we both agree that more than a couple dozen online is not enough?

Yeah, I agree, the game needs improvement and a larger population. Can't we both agree that since there are real issues with the gane, advising someone not to buy the game because Jordi has a russian wife, which Mirokata did, is needless and rude? 

No, it isn't like that at all, because it is about context. This thread is full of people talking about these issues, I don't have to reiterate them all every time. Your car analogy doesn't apply. It is more like were looking at a car with some other people, they are discussing the issues and the pros and cons, how it is basically a shell and needs total refurbishment, but if a project is what you are looking for then it might be a good deal. Then someone comes in and says "the car is stolen, they real owner is a gangster who will kill anyone who is cought driving it, oh and there is a dead decomposing homeless person in the trunk". I say - no, that isn't true, the car is used but it isn't stolen and I checked the trunk earlier and it was empty. Am I a bad friend for not also repeating all the other issues, when we both just heard about them? I am not trying to paint an overly rosy picture here, I just want certain people (I don't mean you) to take off their foil hats and stop lying.     I guess you interpreted me wrong then because I was trying to make the point that there are not even hundreds playing. You are marking words now which is needless because I admit that there ia a very low population, to the point where saying even hundreds would be an exaggeration.   Only I don't think Xsyon is a shitty game so me saying it isn't isn't untrue. I haven't claimed that all the deatures are great and working, I have described other aspects that I like, and yeah they are subjective, so is any opinon, on account of being an opinion. Again, I listed the features I likes, if you find them irrelevant that isn't my problem. I don't slam people who criticise it, I "slam" people who 1) claim the game is a scam - it isn't. 2) Talk about features that have been changed and are therefore no longer relevant, or representative or gameplay. 3) Go to personal attack against people, arguing ethnicity or language to dismiss their opinion. 4) Suggest that anyone who likes the game must work for NG, that is ridiculous.   I am as you say "simply waving my hand" here, saying that the game has some promise, it also has real issues to discuss, so let's not make up false and fabricated ones. But the thing is, I don't know how to fix the game, so I'm not going to pretend that I do. Of course players coming and rage quitting is really destructive to the game, but there is also the problem where if new people don't try it, or if only people like you who are long timers and hardcore players who know and think about every mechanic and feature play it,  they don't have the money to fix the shit they need to fix. If I do get bored and quit, I might come back and tell people "yeah it got boring". I wouldn't however take it personal and start lying about it.  Yeah, I agree, the game needs improvement and a larger population. Can't we both agree that since there are real issues with the gane, advising someone not to buy the game because Jordi has a russian wife, which Mirokata did, is needless and rude? 

So when you are listing your opinions you agree with what others are saying about the game save for the points that you noted? I'm pretty sure no one sees this when you are writing.

About the car. I dont think its anything like you said. First most of the stuff they are saying here is true. Do you disagree with that? I think you might disagree with how they are saying it, or how far out they are saying it, but you surely cant say they are wrong or lying. You are saying "Not its not X" when I'm here to say it is like X, maybe not just like or as bad as they said it, but it surely is.

I've already agreed with what others here are saying that you are talking about. So you are in fact saying I'm wrong too. So I backed up my info with more data, to allow the people reading to make the choice themselves. Now you are saying you agree with what Ive been saying. Yet I'm saying what the other posts are saying is correct. (Not everything but most off it)

I dont see a lot of lies here, I do see people like you leaving out important information. Skewing the data.

About the game being a scam or not. Your statement about how you slam people that "claim the game is a scam - it isnt" yet not talk about or debate why its not a scam doesnt change the fact they still believe it is. When you say "It isnt" is a statement as if its a statement of fact, when really you should say something like "I dont think its a scam" even better would be "I dont think its a scam and this is why ..."

Where are the "false" statements about the game? Can you list a few so I can talk about these ones?

At least you agree the game needs fixing. Is players coming here destructive to the game? Sure, but it also has the effect of helping other people out who are on the fence about looking into the game, it also has the effect that maybe Xsyon dev team might understand why they are quitting and upset.
    Them not having the money to fix shit shouldnt mean that people should omit info about how bad the game is, or even completely mislead them, so that they have their money. Sounds to me like you are out to help NG and not the people. See this is why the others are posting here, they are not here to get NG more money. They are trying to inform people why the game has issues what the issues are, and warn them of their experience.

I'm pretty sure no one is advising people not to buy the game solely on the if his wife is Russian or not. You missed his whole point too. It wasnt what race his wife was, it wasnt even if he had a wife or not. It was the fact they are mixing business with personal life. I didnt find it rude at all. I think he has a valid point mostly however, in this case I dont think it applies.

-MrDDT

So when you are listing your opinions you agree with what others are saying about the game save for the points that you noted? I'm pretty sure no one sees this when you are writing.

Pretty much, yeah. Which I have clearly stated. The main difference being that I don't find these issues to be game breaking - there is a lot of game there to fill it in, mainly the building simulation. 

About the car. I dont think its anything like you said. First most of the stuff they are saying here is true. Do you disagree with that? I think you might disagree with how they are saying it, or how far out they are saying it, but you surely cant say they are wrong or lying. You are saying "Not its not X" when I'm here to say it is like X, maybe not just like or as bad as they said it, but it surely is.

"Most of the stuff they are saying is true". I was trying to illustrate in my point about the car that there are two forms of criticism here, the first part - which I am not denying in any way, though as I have said I find it less game breaking than others- and what I expect you are referring to when you say "most of the stuff". Then there is the second part, which is the part that that I have a problem with, and I guess it is what you are referring to as "not everything".

Is this really so hard? You agree with most but not everything these other posters are saying. I disagree with some of the things they are saying (and especially how they say it) but not all. It is pretty clear that I could still agree with some things you are saying..

I've already agreed with what others here are saying that you are talking about. So you are in fact saying I'm wrong too. So I backed up my info with more data, to allow the people reading to make the choice themselves. Now you are saying you agree with what Ive been saying. Yet I'm saying what the other posts are saying is correct. (Not everything but most off it)

I dont see a lot of lies here, I do see people like you leaving out important information. Skewing the data.

"not a lot of lies". Well, what is a lot? A lie, some lies, a lot of lies. Again this is just semantics.

About the game being a scam or not. Your statement about how you slam people that "claim the game is a scam - it isnt" yet not talk about or debate why its not a scam doesnt change the fact they still believe it is. When you say "It isnt" is a statement as if its a statement of fact, when really you should say something like "I dont think its a scam" even better would be "I dont think its a scam and this is why ..."

So you basically don't like how I write. 

Where are the "false" statements about the game? Can you list a few so I can talk about these ones?

I have listed them over and over. 

Sounds to me like you are out to help NG and not the people. See this is why the others are posting here, they are not here to get NG more money. They are trying to inform people why the game has issues what the issues are, and warn them of their experience.

Really, that is how it sounds to you? Me saying I will play the game and move on, and then agreeing with you that this might be destructive leads you to that conclusion. I really don't understand you people, what I'd like to know is how anyone is supposed to be able to have a discussion when people are so bleemin immature?  Really? Ok, I give up. I really can't be bothered trying to explain this again. Whatever man. I'm out.

So you wont tell us why you like the game only that you like it.

So you wont tell us what they are saying is a lie.

So you also wont explain pretty much anything. When people call you out on it, you get vague and defensive. Sounds to me like you are someone that needs to figure out why you are even posting here.

Then you resort to personal attacks. (And wide sweeping attacks)

You really need to take a hard look at what you are saying and why. You cant even explain what is going on, when you are questioned on it you get even more upset. Why would you get upset because people question your views? Why not just explain why you feel that way. When someone questions you on that, explain why. That's how a discussion works. You keep doing that until people understand.

You ask how you can have this discussion with "you people", don't you see this is also what these other guys are saying about you in a round about way?
    To them its clear what they are saying because they understand it when they are saying it, they cant see how you cant see it.

Anyways on the topic.

Xsyon vs Minecraft. Xsyon is getting worse Minecraft is getting better. Xsyon has yet to update anything that I can tell my friends to go check out, in a long time. When this starts happening, maybe then Xsyon will be an active game.
    There is a reason why there is so few people playing Xsyon.

-MrDDT

So you wont tell us why you like the game only that you like it.

I already did.

So you wont tell us what they are saying is a lie.

I already did.

So you also wont explain pretty much anything. When people call you out on it, you get vague and defensive. Sounds to me like you are someone that needs to figure out why you are even posting here.

Sounds like you are calling me out for things you yourself have done and definately others in this thread have done. It is a double bind situation- which is why I don't want to answer again.

Then you resort to personal attacks. (And wide sweeping attacks)

What are you referring to here? There have been plenty of personal attacks but I'd hazard to say that most of them weren't coming from me.

You really need to take a hard look at what you are saying and why. You cant even explain what is going on, when you are questioned on it you get even more upset. Why would you get upset because people question your views? Why not just explain why you feel that way. When someone questions you on that, explain why. That's how a discussion works. You keep doing that until people understand.

Hell right, I don't know what is going on- I have been agreeing with most of your points. Then you turn around and slam me for it. I have explained myself, and explained again. I'm not "upset" that you don't agree with my views. I am fed up that you act like they are not valid.

You ask how you can have this discussion with "you people", don't you see this is also what these other guys are saying about you in a round about way?
    To them its clear what they are saying because they understand it when they are saying it, they cant see how you cant see it.

Look, that is just a bunch of words that don't mean anything, and that basically boil down to you guys not respecting what I have to say for bs reasons.  I can't see how you don't get what I am trying to say either, but there we have it. We are not going to understand each other.

It is just back to square one over and over. You keep saying "tell us why you like it" - I have, several times. If that is not what you wanted to hear, that is one thing - but stop acting like I haven't explained it when I have. I don't want to repeat it again, it is in the tread already.

You like it because it has the ambience you're looking for, and checks off the list of features you want / don't want. You don't really 'play' Xsyon, you just enjoy being in that world. You like the world of Xsyon, not the gameplay

That's fine, I totally respect that mindset, and I recognize that those kind of players are actually pretty vital to these kind of games. Without people dancing and playing music in the cantinas of SWG, the game world would have been pretty dry.

However, most people don't share that mindset. Most people playing video games, especially FFA PvP MMOs, give at least some weight to game mechanics. They don't just check off the list of features they want / don't want and then head in -- they care how well those features are implemented. You need to recognize that you have no idea what we're talking about in this regard. We're talking about actual game mechanics, which is really the only thing that needs to be discussed by the players like this. A prospective player wants to know what the ambience of Xsyon is? Just watch a video or a stream. Here is a really recent stream that accurately shows that ambience: (spoiler: she's running or dieing or being spawn camped for the entire 1 hr).

About your opinion: We get it. It's nice and all, but you reached the limit of it's relevance at post #1. There is much more to Xsyon than the ambience, and that's what the rest of us are talking about.

About the accusations of lying: If you want to keep bringing this up as a point that should be talked about, the onus is on you to address that issue. I'm super willing to respond to any claims you have, and in fact I already have earlier in this thread. I responded to: being able to run away from zombies, Jordi's wife, and the scam issue. If you're too lazy to rephrase your accusations, then at least go back and quote what you first said.

About your dislike for my tone: I'll first point out that you need to work on being able to seperate tone from message, as it's clouding your view on the topic of me lying. Secondly, like I said before, I don't care. It's really pathetic that you keep bringing this up.