Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who will be sacraficing sleep?

Comments

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I just burned up the last two weeks of vacation time I have left so I can play this game pretty much 24/7 for two weeks. Im going to play this game so damn hard my computer is going to melt.
  • latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

pfft I can sleep everyday GW2 launch only happens once

Ehh, the game will be exactly the same the day after launch.

so in your book every world cup or every olympic games opening ceremony is the same LOL

really.....

than why do people always comment like, I was there when this and that happened.

same thing here LOL, saying I was there @ launch and saying I was there the day after are worlds apart.

Aerowyn had it right launch happens only once just like you only turn 18 only once.

It just hit me you probably pre ordered jijijiji and you are jealous of pre purchasers oops I hit the nail in the head.

Yikes......you can't be there tomorrow so you wanna make it sound more trivial than it actually is LOL.

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I will stay awake just to get the Name i want then go to sleep :D
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I'll sleep when I'm dead so no biggie for me being Self Employed and all that ;)

Asbo

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Yes, i plan to pull an all nighter into Saturday. I had planned to get some sleep and get up at midnight but ANets announcement of three hours early (possibly) kicked that to the curb.

I'll just get some extra sleep tonight. As Aerowyn said releases happen once and it's good to get excited for things.
  • CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

Not me.

Gotta love having a life.

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263
    I will probably log in, save my character name and  go to sleep then wake up and play, you know whats the best thing? I will probably play the same amount of time that I would play if I pull an all nighter but minus the lag, also I don't want to screw my sleep schedule as I usually do when I pull all nighters.
  • dudeduder45dudeduder45 Member Posts: 67
    I'll play for a bit and then go to sleep. it will still be there in the morning.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I work til 1am EST anyway, so I should be getting home just after (or just before) the servers open up. I'll be good to play for a while right at launch :)

Of course, my son will be waking me at 7am to go fishing or something like usual, and this wake-up might be a bit tougher to pull off... but it'll all be worth it :)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by latinkuro

Not I....... Sleep > GW2

so in your book every world cup or every olympic games opening ceremony is the same LOL

really.....

than why do people always comment like, I was there when this and that happened.

same thing here LOL, saying I was there @ launch and saying I was there the day after are worlds apart.

Aerowyn had it right launch happens only once just like you only turn 18 only once.

It just hit me you probably pre ordered jijijiji and you are jealous of pre purchasers oops I hit the nail in the head.

Yikes......you can't be there tomorrow so you wanna make it sound more trivial than it actually is LOL.

....you're comparing a games launch to an event the whole world pretty much participates in?
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    The way they are advertising the possible early start I'm betting it will happen.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's not like something fancy happens at launch though to be fair...

Originally posted by NightBandit
    I'll sleep when I'm dead so no biggie for me being Self Employed and all that ;)

You won't sleep when you're dead, you'll be dead when you are dead, just pointing that out.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

with character names being global you have very little chance to get a name you want in some cases.. so i think its a worthy reason to stay up for it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I will be losing some sleep, but I won't do a 24 hour marathon. I'll stay up until 4 or 5 am PST and then goto bed. I'm not planning on rushing at all this game, but I do want to be there on launch night.
  • Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

For once in my whole time on this planet. Us aussies get a launch that isn't an absurd time of day! 5PM on a Saturday, which is so perfect for me seeming i usually dont get upto till midday :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    I don't wanna do it, but with the chance I might be able to login tomorrow at midnight I think i'll have to! I get out of work at 8 so i figure I can lay down for a few hours then frantically try to log in starting at midnight and play till I crash and have to get up at 10 lol.

My plan is to go to sleep tomorrow (Im of work untill sept 4th thanks to vacation) mornign around 6am and when my body natually decides to wake up at noon or 1pm to get up down a few beers and sleep till at least 4-5.  Get up take a shower and go watch my Reds murder the Cardinals at 7:10 at GABP.  Get home from there and take another nap till 1am and wake up and be refreshed to play about 24 hours straight.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    Eh I wake up at 6am CST eveyr day, don't really wanna throw off my sleep schedule so I"ll just miss the first 4 hours, getting too old for all the up all nighters

twitch.tv/boonmackle

with character names being global you have very little chance to get a name you want in some cases.. so i think its a worthy reason to stay up for it

So basically I could grab the name Legolas and sell it in Ebay or something?... oh wait that was like 8 years ago, can someone giveme some new Iconic names?

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Slyther_Zero

For once in my whole time on this planet. Us aussies get a launch that isn't an absurd time of day! 5PM on a Saturday, which is so perfect for me seeming i usually dont get upto till midday :)

Yeah it's tops. Even better if they launch a few hours earlier like they may.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Yeah I'll be getting my names,i go to bed at 2am every night regardless.I'm not pulling no energy drinking,all night seizure inducing binge though...I'll go to bed my usual time.
  • HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    5pm for me image
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    I'm flying across country that day, so I may not even go to sleep and just crash on the plain ride :)
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    I'm flying across country that day, so I may not even go to sleep and just crash on the plain ride :)

When I fly across country, I try really hard not to crash on the plain.

;)

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by latinkuro
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

really.....

....you're comparing a games launch to an event the whole world pretty much participates in?

yes I am, in order to make a point, to me those events are not really that important anymore because I don't really care much about them still they are significant to a lot of people. to me the launch of a game I like is just like those events for the people that truly like them.