Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who will be sacraficing sleep?

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
I don't wanna do it, but with the chance I might be able to login tomorrow at midnight I think i'll have to! I get out of work at 8 so i figure I can lay down for a few hours then frantically try to log in starting at midnight and play till I crash and have to get up at 10 lol.

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    I'm buying 2 energy drinks and brewing coffee all night long.. It starts at 1 am my time so I will be probably staying up until sunday night/monday morning depends :) I'll call it Project GW2 lol

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    not me, i wil play for couple hours then go to bed the world doesnt stop because GW2 comes out, gotta work at 5am and pay those bills but i will have plenty of time when i get off work though.
  • CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Wife is pregnant so she sleeps for a few hours after work everyday, I figure I will just lay with her and then get up and play for a long time
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I definitely won't be intentionally sacrificing any significant amount of sleep. I've *&#ed up hard in the past by depriving myself of sleep. I might allow myself to play for an hour or two more tops but not much gets in the way of my sleep these days.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    EST here but going to try and stay up to get my 5 character names:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

They are starting possibly 3 hours early, so we might just get a midnight login opportunity here on the east coast.

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Wife is pregnant so she sleeps for a few hours after work everyday, I figure I will just lay with her and then get up and play for a long time

oh wow yep ive been there before, good luck to you especially you lol and good luck to your wife with the pregnancy. 

Originally posted by slicknslim88

They are starting possibly 3 hours early, so we might just get a midnight login opportunity here on the east coast.

yea that's best case.. we will see midnight is easy.. 3am.. we will see:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2
  • GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859
    I haven't done it for several years but I'm gonna pull an all nighter for the first night. I'll probably have to take a nap after work friday for a few hours to not be draggin ass though, im not as young as I used to be. Won't do the same for the rest of the weekend but I'll be playing it most of the daytime for sure.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I have to work the next day too, but doesn't mean i cant be bad for a change and sacrafice some sleep, not like I go out drinking and goto work hungover every weekend lol.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

I work 3rd shift. In fact I am at work now. (Just haven't started work yet)

I plan on making through this night. Going home taking 2 sleeping pills to cut the excitement outta me, and hopefully pass out.

Then I will be up and ready before midnight since they said it may be turned on 3 hours ahead of time which is 12:00 am EST for me. Then I start trying to login for three hours or until the game goes live.

(BTW I changed my MMORPG account name from swordmark45 to the one you see now)

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

yea that's best case.. we will see midnight is easy.. 3am.. we will see:)

I'm on EST as well and am hoping for the 12AM thing.

If it's 3AM, I'm undecided between staying up, setting the alarm for 3AM, or forgetting it and logging in at a respectable hour in the morning (ie. around 8AM).

Originally posted by tank017
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

pfft I can sleep everyday GW2 launch only happens once

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i'm going to stay up for the headstart launch and the actual launch, but mostly just to say i was there (i've never been at an mmo launch before). saturday morning, i'm going to make a character, finish off the intro, and then go to bed. but i'll be playing all day saturday. :)
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I get home from work at 6pm EST and plan on immediately going to bed, setting my alarm for just before midnight.  I took off saturday :)
  • steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

REMEMBER PEOPLE, THEY MAY OPEN UP SERVERS 3 HOURS EARLY!!!

So, in my time, the game starts at 2 in the morning. OR 11 at night if they do start it 3 hours early. SO, I am going to try to get as much sleep before this whole akl;jsngbrthgwr starts up and then I am going to probably try to go 2 nights in a row without sleep. Just playing this game

Then, sunday, get as much sleep as possible, do my little marchingband event, and then get back on the game a PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!!!

So yeah, I am FOR SURE sacraficing sleep for this game. GO GUILD WARS AND GUILD WARS 2!!!!!!!

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Ditto, also gotta leave the starting area before the flood :D

12 am PDT is 9 am  for me so, I will be getting a good long night sleep than play till I fall asleep on my keyboard.

of course I will wake 3 hours early though for early start.

Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Ehh, the game will be exactly the same the day after launch.
    Originally posted by latinkuro

Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Ditto, also gotta leave the starting area before the flood :D

12 am PDT is 9 am  for me so, I will be getting a good long night sleep than play till I fall asleep on my keyboard.

Lol, 'the flood' prechased/preordered the game..your chances of escaping it are slim
  • MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

I'm doing the same then heading to bed, hope I'll be able to avoid the zerg the next day. :P

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by steeler989

SO, I am going to try to get as much sleep before this whole akl;jsngbrthgwr starts up and then I am going to probably try to go 2 nights in a row without sleep. Just playing this game

48 hours without sleep is starting to get dangerous. Before willingly torturing yourself because you are enthusiastic about a video game just take a deep breathe. Personally I find that thrashing a game in several hour sessions let alone in two straight days diminishes its value in the long term anyway. Just be careful everyone.

Not I....... Sleep > GW2

Ehh, the game will be exactly the same the day after launch.

it's all about the names then im off to bed.. maybe...

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73

My plan tomorrow overall is simple and i would recommend this for the majority of everyone here. Tomorrow morning ill wake up and get ready for a rigorous noon session of MMA training, go eat Chick Fil A for lunch and crash for a while until i have to go to a 2hour night session of Muay Thai and BJJ. After thats said and done ill pass out for a few hours and if i happen to wake up around 12am-3am then fantastic ill be prepared with 5hour energy, some twizzlers, and some soda and that will hold me over until breakfest.

I know that all of you dont train MMA so instead of that you can go out for a morning run and then go for an extreme weight workout that night then get ready for GW 2.

• lilpacman24lilpacman24 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I cant sleep now :( Just in case theres a stress test!! ahhhhhhh my life is over! So yeah.... (///.-)