Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG Last minute disaster!

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I was totally and fully 100% commited to making a human male, but after reviewing some of my screenshots from BWE and Stress Tests and watching some gameplay videos, I simply cannot decide between Asura and Human!

HELP!

Pro's/Con's

Human - I like the story and "themes" of human toons better, and Divinity's Reach is amazing.

Asura - Unique, amazing animations, so cute and funny and brilliantly bastardly.

I can't decide!

BadSpock's Guardian - Human or Asura?

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Human, because MY guardian is going to be an asura.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Why would you want to play a bookah?
  • Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55

I feel your pain.  I was 100% set on starting with an elementalist.  So, last stress test I tried a warrior.  Damn it!  I had soooo much fun.  It's a dilemma that will make me lose sleep tonight (not really).  As for the race, I love the human area but haven't touched the Asura because I want it to be totally fresh at headstart.  

I didn't help one bit, did I?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I have a feeling I am going to reget NOT picking Asura if I pick Human.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Death to "Cute"!
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Go w/ Asura spock... it's all about the ears.

Plus... you can kinda look like megaman.

• c-trayc-tray Member Posts: 98
    Pole is invalid, make both.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Honestly I'm making both Asura and Human guardians but the Human will be my main.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    just make the logical choice.image
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by c-tray
    Pole is invalid, make both.

This is the correct answer...

but in order to justify my vote for Asura - lil Dude BIG Hammer nuff said

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Oh man now I'm going to have to make an Asura Guardian thanks Spock.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    The laugh and dance emotes on the Asura is all the reason you need to go Asura.  If you like the Human starter area... pop over and do that before you do the Asura starting area.... That's my plan anyway :)

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

i found I did not like the guardian asura experience. I felt much more at home with a human guardian. just about everything else though, asura was better for me. im rolling asura thief to start. and while I would love to make an asura ranger, I fell in love with my Norn ranger which will be second, and then back to asura with elem. then eventually my human guardian.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Human indeed, because Guardian ;)

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

My asura will be my mesmer. Human, my guardian. It just fits for me.

However, I always like the unorthodox choices.  Seeing a little guy bubble-tank a couple charrs would be something to see

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ill definitely play an asura.......

and a human...... and a norn...... and sylvari....... urgh!!!!

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

Human.

If you choose Asura, after 10 hours you will realise there is nothing you like about it, beside animations. You wont get immersed into story and world around you and you will be regreting your choice. Animations don't have that much of a lasting appael effect.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I'd say Asuran for aesthetics.  Will the racial elites factor in? Cause the guardian tomes look pretty beastly, doubt I'd use a golem over either of them in a group setting.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I dunno, I just could not identify with the Asura background stories. Humans were more interesting background stories I could relate more to.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i'd stay guardian with human and go warrior with asura.. Asura warrior animations are my favorite

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I was totally and fully 100% commited to making a human male, but after reviewing some of my screenshots from BWE and Stress Tests and watching some gameplay videos, I simply cannot decide between Asura and Human!

HELP!

Pro's/Con's

Human - I like the story and "themes" of human toons better, and Divinity's Reach is amazing.

Asura - Unique, amazing animations, so cute and funny and brilliantly bastardly.

I can't decide!

BadSpock's Guardian - Human or Asura?

Human.  The Asura are cute, animations are a little silly, but c'mon they look like Stitch from Lilo and Stitch...they are giant rat/squirrel creatures...besides every PvP match I go into their are 100s of the little rodents running around..

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I just  can't understand players who play different races than what they are in real life... I mean I once met this orc and we got all friendly and then when we chatted on skype he just turned out to be some stupid human with green facepaint on....
  • TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

I'd say Asura.

"I shall call him, Mini-BadSpock." image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by TheBigDRC

I'd say Asura.

"I shall call him, Mini-BadSpock." image

Or norn, big badspock