Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Issues in todays Test?

1235»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    so after running numerous tests and benchmarks I get the best scores with the 304.79 beta drivers.. so ill stick with those for now

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Ok. I ran 3DMark 11 and everything seems to check out. My scores were slightly above avarage vs. similar speced machines.

<div scorebox"="">

Score
    P5777 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

PC Health Check

Your PC is performing properly.

So, it's not a general performance issue, it's GW2 specific. Or, rather, specific to this latest stress test.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Low FPS! The game needs to be optimized asap! I can't break 105fps what the heck!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by fiontar

Ok. I ran 3DMark 11 and everything seems to check out. My scores were slightly above avarage vs. similar speced machines.

<div scorebox"="">

Score
    P5777 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

PC Health Check

So, it's not a general performance issue, it's GW2 specific. Or, rather, specific to this latest stress test.

Did you change any of the settings in the nvidia control panel for GW2 by chance?

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i couldnt get past the login screen where it patches and loads.

<div scorebox"="">

Score
    P5777 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

PC Health Check

you said you got the 305 drivers right? might want to go back to the 304.. i been running a lot of tests recently and 304.79 is giving me the best performance by a good margain

just update scores are actually jumping around.. i'd experiment once game goes live with differn't drivers and pick which work best for your system

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by colddog04

<div scorebox"="">

Score
    P5777 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

PC Health Check

Did you change any of the settings in the nvidia control panel for GW2 by chance?

No, I haven't touched anything.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    anyone know how the game performs with the 12.8 drivers and the new caps that has gw2 stuff in it for ati?

ok did a clean driver install and made sure to restart computer each time.. anyway with 305.67 drivers heres my 3dmark11 score http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4200650

with 304 drivers its http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4200375

now i ran this test several times and it can fluctuate a bit from run to run... overall though once game releases I'd try the 305 drivers and if having fps issues try going back to the 304 and see if that helps

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Spartan212
    Anyone with a 560ti getting high temps?  I'm going around 88 degrees on mine.  It's the only game this happens to me with.  I'm on the latest beta drivers.  Not a huge deal.  Just a little higher than I would like

means the game is startign to use more gpu make sure fan is running fast enough to keep it cool

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Yes, major issue, sadly, and I'm not the only one.

I can't log in anymore - game says "incorrect password".

Looks like they broken something two stress tests ago they didn't fix yet.

When I try to log with my sister's account, it works flawlessly.

EDIT: and now forum access is broken too. Not exactly happy.

I'm guessing you just got a patch before you logged in. Yesterdays Patches removed the login information and the 2nd one caused the password not to work. Resetting the password via the lost password option fixes it and no further problems. 

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by Spartan212
    Anyone with a 560ti getting high temps?  I'm going around 88 degrees on mine.  It's the only game this happens to me with.  I'm on the latest beta drivers.  Not a huge deal.  Just a little higher than I would like

means the game is startign to use more gpu make sure fan is running fast enough to keep it cool

I'm running 560ti's in SLI. They were running harder than normal a while back. They changed something that made it better. However, I turn off Post processing because I don't like the looks of it anyway. That will take a load off and still leave everything looking super nice. 

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Didn't have any issues myself. No account issues either, besides now being asked to validate my email. I did, and changed my password too while I was at it, just because. Otherwise, everything worked well.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• firekingsterfirekingster Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Vsync, shadows, reflections, and lighting blooms are the main suspects for gpus. ArenaNet also made a post earlier about how graphic druves make a big difference. Im not sure about radeon but for nvidia go for tgr latest beta/legacy drive made for your gpu.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by DeniZg

Game needs more optimization asap. Apparently if you don't have Intel i7, have fun with 10 FPS if there's more than 5 people on screen. I'm really dissapointed.

What are your specs?

yea I'm curious because people with some pretty old systems report getting very playable rates even in WvWvW

I have a dual-core e8400 3ghz Nvidia 9800gt and got around 30fps most of the time, no matter where I was BW3; so I'm curious what he was talking about as well.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    anyone know how the game performs with the 12.8 drivers and the new caps that has gw2 stuff in it for ati?

I didnt get a chance to play myself but i know that on my two 6950s the 12.8 drivers suck hardcore . I lost all my options for over clocking in hydra vision and ive driver swept them four times now so i finally just gave up and went back to the 12.6 the last stable releases. On toms hardware people are saying the drivers are a dud with empty promises on sleep mode bug fixes already and it looks like typical ati/amd when it comes to POS drivers for months.

I managed to tweak some things for a small score improvement, but I'll wait on switching drivers until I see how GW2 performs when the HS opens up. My FPS can swing as much as 40% from build to build, while remaining constant during the time I spend playing a build, breaks and all.

The game was certainly playable for me, but the anamalous performance results some of us seem to experience with the game is a bit hard to understand, since often people with almost identical systems, using the same drivers and getting similar benchmark scores elsewhere can have very different FPS in the game.

Score

<div scorebox"="">

P5826 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

PC Health Check