Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your technique for long play times?

RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Yo,

I am not sure about everyone else, but I plan on drinking a ton of coffee and coke zero to keep me going for a long play session saturday. Probably mix in some jogging as a break to stretch ye ol legs. What are your strategies or lack there of.

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Take plenty of breaks, go out for lunch, watch some TV etc.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    If I am having fun, I don't need anything to keep me going.  That being said, I don't believe in forcing myself to play just to get a long session out of it.
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Lots of coffee. More than the normal. And since it's a new game (opening days are a bit like a holiday for me) Coke Classic. Since I look at the WEEKEND as a holiday in the case of GW2...I will buy a 2 liter bottle for each day. More of a splurge than I've had in a very long time, lol.

I move around and do some simple desk stretches on a fairly regular basis. Maybe stop for a jog before lunch.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    If I get in the zone so to speak, i will not eat, drink, piss or poop.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

PLENTY of sleep beforehand. 

PLENTY of caffeine whilst playing. Jolt Cola is your friend. 

GO FOR A BREAK when your eyes start itching

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    No technique just routine :D
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Wait for a time when the wife and toddler are out of town, that's my main strategy.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

(1) Large Pizza (your favorite toppings)

(2) liters of Mtn Dew

(2) liters of Coke (just to switch it up)

(2) 4 packs of Amp energy drinks

Breaks to take the dog out and move around.

This should get me to Sunday night. 

Sooner or Later

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    A good, long sleep. Maybe a cup of coffee. Don't usually drink any, so a cup is more than enough.
  • ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Playing it once a week is the key~
  • impacted1impacted1 Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

(2) liters of Mtn Dew

Holy sugar. Man I don't see how you can drink like 400g of sugar in a day!

I stick to a coffee in the morning and water throughout the day. Water is incredibly energizing to me, keeping well hydrated just keeps me feeling really strong for long hours instead of slamming sugar and tons of caffiene and just crashing from it. 

Oh and lots of tree. ;)

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Sleeping at night, play all day.  I freaking love my sleep.  No game, not even DA MESSIAH!!! can keep be from getting some sleep.  However, I will be there when the servers first come up to tag my home server.  Afterwards, doing the fetal and sleeping like a baby.

BOOYAKA!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I'll play at first rush to tag home server and help with MMORPG.com community guild setup, play until my eyes close, sleep a bit, wake up and breakfast then REALLY hit it hard.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Get up and move around at least 5 mins our of every hour.

Play for as long as you feel like it and then realize that this is the actual release of the game and that it will be here again tomorrow and the next day so you really don't need to go full on idiot about it.

Just enjoy yourself.

All die, so die well.

• JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41

Going to my nephew/niece/step daughter's AYSO games.

Although i have to admit, i am probably going to be there with probably only 2 hours of sleep.

And that will not only be due to GW2 but to the tending of my 2 month old baby while the wife is away.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677
    Guys remember to have fun playing yourself to death from all the high fructose corn syrup in the sodas and OP enjoy that Coke Zero with its sweet poison called aspartame which is an artificial sweetner that turns to fameldihide when it hits your stomach and causes brain tumors! Enjoy!
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by JorgeElGuapo

Although i have to admit, i am probably going to be there with probably only 2 hours of sleep.

And that will not only be due to GW2 but to the tending of my 2 month old baby while the wife is away.

Congrats on the newborn, my wife and i are expecting a baby boy. Looking forward to leveling up in that game too lol image

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by djnexus
    Guys remember to have fun playing yourself to death from all the high fructose corn syrup in the sodas and OP enjoy that Coke Zero with its sweet poison called aspartame which is an artificial sweetner that turns to fameldihide when it hits your stomach and causes brain tumors! Enjoy!

"you can be saved in battle or die in your sleep."

everything will kill you these days, so enjoy it (it's your last chance anyhow).

Originally posted by impacted1

(2) liters of Mtn Dew

Holy sugar. Man I don't see how you can drink like 400g of sugar in a day!

I stick to a coffee in the morning and water throughout the day. Water is incredibly energizing to me, keeping well hydrated just keeps me feeling really strong for long hours instead of slamming sugar and tons of caffiene and just crashing from it. 

Oh and lots of tree. ;)

I love the smell of coffee but hate the flavor.   Suger has never made me crash like it does some people, even as a kid I never crashed.   Just something with how my body handles it.   I not a skinny person =) but not huge.   I play Ice Hockey a few times a week.   This is not a normal intake for me.  Normally do not drink pop everyday and AMP rarely.  Water most of the time and pops here and there (YES POP dam it, not soda or coke)

Like I said the 400+g of suger will not make me crash, I will end up going to bed for a mini nap sometime Saturday night/Sunday morning.   When I pull all nighters the above is my normal setup.

Sooner or Later

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Like i said before, i doubt will even end up sober for the first day of playing image

We will have a LAN party and it never end up normally lol

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Originally posted by JorgeElGuapo

Congrats on the newborn, my wife and i are expecting a baby boy. Looking forward to leveling up in that game too lol image

Thank you! Congrats on your boy!

Originally posted by dzoni87

Like i said before, i doubt will even end up sober for the first day of playing image

lol I remember LAN parties, yes they never end up normal and always end up breaking something at some point in time.

Smoking, drinking and gaming.  Does it get any better then that?  (yes sex but shhhhh young nerds don't know that yet)

Sooner or Later

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by dzoni87

lol I remember LAN parties, yes they never end up normal and always end up breaking something at some point in time.

Smoking, drinking and gaming.  Does it get any better then that?  (yes sex but shhhhh young nerds don't know that yet)

Ehhh... dont remind me. I may consider to call back my ex GF, but then again, i will play GW2 now and i dont want obligations again hahaha

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online