Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Place your when will it go F2P guesses here

EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633

Im going to guess sometime december the game will be f2p (but may not make it that long)

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Comments

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Yeah thinking around that time. It'll be forgotten by then.
  • BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

my guess, at least an announcement by decenber 15th.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by ajayazir

Ive seen some educated estimates that put the current amount of subs between 30-50k, I wouldnt be surprised to see funcom go under

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

First they will add some interesting items into their cash shop,which will have real value in game,like something you can change into ingame currency,they will milk with that stuff mmm for 2 years,and then we will have new payment methods in place which are going to be called pay to play,and it will be revolutionary and change the whole mmo world when it starts to use that new model,so never,me thinks.

Let's internet

Originally posted by ForumPvP

First they will add some interesting items into their cash shop,which will have real value in game,like something you can change into ingame currency,they will milk with that stuff mmm for 2 years,and then we will have new payment methods in place which are going to be calle pay to play,and it will be revolutionary and change the who mmo world when it starts to use that new stuff,so never,me thinks.

Question how many games last two years with 30k subs or less?

PS3

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

First they will add some interesting items into their cash shop,which will have real value in game,like something you can change into ingame currency,they will milk with that stuff mmm for 2 years,and then we will have new payment methods in place which are going to be calle pay to play,and it will be revolutionary and change the who mmo world when it starts to use that new stuff,so never,me thinks.

Question how many games last two years with 30k subs or less?

mmm did you quote wrong person? but me thinks you quoted just right,because Anarchy Online is running with  about  1k players on peak times RK1.

edit:it was possible to follow their playerbase  on Auno.org  whos logged in or out,but cant do that anymore,they dont give that data or Auno doesnt gather it.

Let's internet

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by ajayazir

Ive seen some educated estimates that put the current amount of subs between 30-50k, I wouldnt be surprised to see funcom go under

The only thing that's known 100% sure is that it's under 500k. What the actual number is is anyones guess.

Honestly, i depends on FC's financials. It could be 3 months, 6 months or 1 year.

My only "bet" is 1 year and 1-2 months, because that's when the LTS runs out. I'm not hating on the game at all. I actually like it for being the only themepark to have a truly unique feature with it's investigation missions and lore and story (can't comment fully since i didn't buy it yet).

But, when the LTS runs out, most players will be playing the game for free, while it still has a sub fee as a barrier of entry. So, it goes Freemium.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Sometime before August 22, 2017... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

500k was their rosy projection. Funcom stated they big time failed to reach that and there worst case scenario (both overly rossy they actually thought theyd sell a million plus copies lmao). Various investor extapolations from the info they gave points at initial sales of less than 250k and a huge drop off in subs after 30 days. TSW so underperformed that funcom is in danger of bankruptcy at this very moment, and the report on subs coming out the 28th could very well sink funcom.

PS3

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    500k was their rosy projection. Funcom stated they big time failed to reach that and there worst case scenario (both overly rossy they actually thought theyd sell a million plus copies lmao). Various investor extapolations from the info they gave points at initial sales of less than 250k and a huge drop off in subs after 30 days. TSW so underperformed that funcom is in danger of bankruptcy at this very moment, and the report on subs coming out the 28th could very well sink funcom.

Can you please link the source to your info.

The only info i have is the investors and official announcements. The conan-like scenario was to sell 1 million in 1 year and have a final retention of 280k.

They said that TSW will probably not reach half that, so it probably won't sell 500k in 12 months, which clearly means it as less than that in terms of subs. The exact number or further details are unknown to me.

Regardless, i still have no idea. Only FC truly knows. By i still hold my ground on the LTS end conversion.

Originally posted by MMOwanderer

Can you please link the source to your info.

The only info i have is the investors and official announcements. The conan-like scenario was to sell 1 million in 1 year and have a final retention of 280k.

They said that TSW will probably not reach half that, so it probably won't sell 500k in 12 months, which clearly means it as less than that in terms of subs. The exact number or further details are unknown to me.

Regardless, i still have no idea. Only FC truly knows. By i still hold my ground on the LTS end conversion.

LTS and im one count as subs but its a hollow number as no income is generated. As it is I doubt they even sold 10k lifetime subs. The game has what 10 pretty empty servers. Friends lists are filled with names of those who hadnt logged in in a month. This game didnt even sell 280k copies so to think they have that many current subs is ludicrous. But, the numbers come out the 28th. We will know then how quickly TSW is failing.

PS3

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

I used to see alot of people running around (16th->21st).

Even out in the odd places in the middle of nowhere I'd run into a couple.

Not sure what that says about the population but if I see thirty people a 20m run from nowhere at 6am on a Sunday morning I can't really complain.

Originally posted by Cinatrot

I used to see alot of people running around (16th->21st).

Even out in the odd places in the middle of nowhere I'd run into a couple.

Not sure what that says about the population but if I see thirty people a 20m run from nowhere at 6am on a Sunday morning I can't really complain.

I am on arcadia and your lucky to find 30 in an entire zone anymore.

PS3

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Yeah it's going to hurt, sad example of how saturated the industry is and how split the populations are. There's just too many games not just MMOs, if an MMO doesn't recieve a decent reception during its launch phase it's going to be very hard for it to survive.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I expect the announcement December 13-14 for free to play. Could have been such a good game too :(  why must we always get an unpolished turd in place of what was promoted lol. 
  • ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    August 29th. (lol)
  • HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565
    4-6 months from now. Maybe they will start to talk about the F2P plans long before that.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I want to say August 29th for obvious reasons, but I'll put it around Christmas.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    hopefully after they've improved the character creation by about 300%

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

If they dont at least theirs the plastic surgeon to make you look a different ugly lol

PS3

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    F2P by November 24th.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by eyelolled

If they dont at least theirs the plastic surgeon to make you look a different ugly lol

Ohh it is, check out unfair.com for new screens of the new faces and hair.  IMO Funcom might as well not even tried.  Its like every male face is either Asian, Mulatto or Italian and the new faces are more of the same.  DOnt even get me started on the hair lol.  Wheres my Buzz cuts, High Fades, Flat tops and bed head looks?

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i think by end of the year they will announce free to play . I think they still have high hopes on a couple of future patches and seeing how guild wars 2 and wows new expansion effect their player base first.

If I was a betting man I think TSW only has around 100k subs.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

1)  I love TSW, but am not a fanboi.   It is fun, interesting and I still haven't found anything in any game more fun than sticking your shotgun in the face of a zombie and hitting Buckshot.

2)  Funcom will keep on running TSW so long as it is profitable, and, as far as I can see, I will be playing ad infinitum.  (However, I thought Chronicles of Spellborn was innovative.)

3) The timing of the game's release couldn't have been worse.

4) If they can hold on until the GW2 crowd gets bored, the game will last a good long while.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.