Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

WOW: 75% off expansion sale until aug 27th

12346»

Comments

• EsLafielEsLafiel Radford, VAPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by EsLafiel

This week Blizzard is doing a patch for WoW, doing this sale and it doing a major patch for D3.

Not saying they are scared of Gw2, because of course they know. That Gw2 cant kill them, they will still do just fine.

However, it also true that Gw2 will take some subs away. (1mil at most, which is not much for them at all)

However, to try and lower that even more. They are doing a lot this week to lower how many will leave as much as they can.

So no, gw2 will not kill and will not even hurt WoW that much. However, It can take subs away and so Blizzard doing there best to lower how many will leave.

It not out of desparation, it just a very smart move they are doing.

If GW2 would take a million subs from Wow as you think and those would be western subs it would be a lot to them. Wow had just over 9 mil players last time they toldus, half of those are western player that pays a lot more than say Chinese players.

I am not so sure they will lose that much but if they do Activision will cry like babies, it is a huge sum ($15 million bucks a month, or probably just 10M since they wont get all the money for gamecards) and Activision is in economical problems right now just like EA.

I meant 1mil at the very most, plus ArenaNet have a good following in Asia as well.

So people will leave WoW for Gw2 in Asia as well, it not just western market.

• hpy7871hpy7871 bellefonte, PAPosts: 14Member
    I hope people realize the reason the sale ends on the 27th is due to patch 5.0 comming out on the 28th it has nothing to do with GW2 
  • EzekelEzekel Why do you need to know?, NCPosts: 98Member
    Originally posted by hpy7871
    I hope people realize the reason the sale ends on the 27th is due to patch 5.0 comming out on the 28th it has nothing to do with GW2 

The 28th is the day that GW2 releases.

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by Ezekel
    Originally posted by hpy7871

The 28th is the day that GW2 releases.

Why did GW2 choose WoW's patch day to have their official release? They must be a-scared! image

• roo67roo67 londonPosts: 402Member
    Originally posted by Vannor

They do this every year... price drops, free expansions using the scroll of resurrection.. etc. etc.

I mean, I'm a GW2 fan and I don't play WoW.. but the GW2 fanbois are really jumping on anything to try and validate their game of choice. WoW doing things like this is nothing new.

Dunno why GW2 fans would want some elements of  WOW community playing to be honest . I kind of hope the kids stay with WoW leaving other games to have more mature and friendly communities .

12346»