Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] The Secret World: Secrets Revealed in Germany

2»

Comments

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Can't wait!!!   I love how article comments for every game I have seen since the dawn of the internet is filled with nothing but haters... EVERY GAME is like this and its funny to see that people having fun are normally too busy playing the game to read these posts, lol.  Hands down the best lore in any game I have played.... and I love the missions and the fact that this is the first game that caps you heavily for anyone trying to power level.   So.. yeah.. while there is vertical progression, there are tons.. and I have no idea why people complain about 7 buttons... ( they are adding an 8th as well )  Plus.. its the first game that doesn't have end game cookie cutter builds like other MMO's.  The people posting inaccurate information must just be really bad at videogames.  Funcom is partly to blame.. the learning curve for abilities and mechanics can be a little intimidating at first and may put off some players.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Ok as a die hard wow fan.. This game may not get it all right, but its a good game just not the type to keep me hook..

Already max 2 char and gave away my account.. Really wish this team all the best as they tried to put a small twist on the mmo genre and even though out came up short better luck next time..

Ps; why does every company think its worth charging $15/month? What happen to $10 or even $5 a month..
  • VeraxusVeraxus Member Posts: 1
    They add story content on a monthly basis. They call the updates "Issues" - like comic book releases. ;-)
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Most people have been weaned on the proverbial fantasy teat for too long now and are pretty sick of it.

For a company to venture bravely into a new genre like this, create something special in a world familiar to us and have already updated/added more content/items in less than 2 months is very impressive.

For being set in an apocalyptic themed world the future is very bright.

Great news!
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    As a lifetimer owner Im sad to say this game will either close its doors when funcom goes bankrupt for puuting out too many POS or go f2p. It will be free to play in a couple months. Theres barely 32k active subs right now. Putting out 2 hours of buggy content every month wont save this game.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

The game is a fail, unfortunately. I wanted it to succeed bought the lifetime and into the hype. But at endgame it throws away what made it good to turn into wow clone 45645238

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    I am not sure why peeps are calling this a button masher.  There is a lot of strategy, timing, and positioning involved whenever you are in a challenging fight.  If you just sit there and mash buttons you will die.  If it's just a regular mob, yes you can just mash away...
    Originally posted by nuttob
    I am not sure why peeps are calling this a button masher.  There is a lot of strategy, timing, and positioning involved whenever you are in a challenging fight.  If you just sit there and mash buttons you will die.  If it's just a regular mob, yes you can just mash away...

This is a button masher 1111211112 etc. There is nothing challenging about combat its easymode x10. I set there and mash buttons all day and never die nor get hurt. Hell you can stand in their attacks and still be ok yes the combat sucks.

PS3

• MunchmanMunchman Member Posts: 1

Okay I keep hearing people say "Everyone ends up using Cookie Cutter Decks at End Game", gotta sa this is not only BS, but cna also Prove it, sorta, go to The TSW Official Site and find Chronicle or hit (.) that's FULL STOP in-game, and you will be able to see all sorts fo Stats about your self and others, now look therough the Leader boards and you can look at other Players set ups, I recently used this to see what Pistol set ups people use in PVP.

Now you might say, then all I'm doing is copying them, but not at all, I tried thier set ups (or the skills I could use, and while I did adopt some Abilities, I only changed few of the Skills mostly as I now I had a better idea of what worked, but on top of that, I found very few were Cut/Paste Copies of each other, sure many were Similar, but many were like me, sure many Skills are Great and Powerful, but in the end we all have our favs and fall back to using them,

As an Personal example, I like Dirty Tricks and I also use Pistol as Main, I found many people in the Top 100 used Pistls as Secondary, so in all I find it's false to say it all ends up Cookie Cutter, I'd say there are Skills that definately get used alot but that's mainly coz people read about them on a Site or are told to use thme, for me I use what I find works and I think a majority of others do to, if you wanna argue with me fine, but if you wanna educate yourself instead, go to Chronicle and see for yourself,

Last note I was only looking up Pistols and AR's and I went through PVP and PvE Leaderboards so maybe some Set ups do repeat often if you look at other types, but as I was scrolling through I had a fair look at people's weapons and Decks and never felt like I saw the same set ups over and over, but if you look you might notice a set that is repeated often, but at least fro Pistols and AR's I found many differnt Builds.

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    As a lifetimer owner Im sad to say this game will either close its doors when funcom goes bankrupt for puuting out too many POS or go f2p. It will be free to play in a couple months. Theres barely 32k active subs right now. Putting out 2 hours of buggy content every month wont save this game.

Lol it's painfully amusing to see this kind of posts. You must be a very lonely person Ehllfhire, as you spend a lot of time talking nonsense ( can you prove the game has barely 32k subs ? ) and spewing your hatred on the official forums and other forums like this.

Guess your life is pretty uneventful that you find a little bit of excitement posting trash like this.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

TSW is quite good as long as it lasts, but even though im just a casual gamer, it didnt last even a month.

Everything is static and there is very little endgame play. Worst of all are the dungeons. You need to be a dancer, not a killer to survive them.

Funcom has told us that content is coming, but... will players remain in the game or seek new adventures in other games while they wait?

While it is certainly a game that is worth seeing, I cannot even in my wildest dreams see how interest in this game can continue in the long run, and if i am right, it will be yet another financial disappointment. Funcoms game designers certainly is quite lacking. 

Can it be saved? No, the core of the game is what is wrong. It is better than SWTOR because of its large amount of powers, but that is it.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    i think this game is very good .dont know why the press under rated it . i have only played the 5 days trial but the game is good and solid enough 
  • elronelron Member Posts: 1

I'm sorry, have you been smoking too much pot??  This game, although it has some inconvenient bugs, is the best and most original MMO to come out in.....forever!!  Maybe you could take a few more weeks and play into the depth and excitement of what's to come rather than complain about early release bugs.  I'm guessing you didn't play any MMO when it was initially released, eh?  They ALL had serious issues.  For such a different and impressive game, TSW has had few serious bugs to speak of.

Give it another try rather than whining about it.

• kikaxkikax Member Posts: 1
  • GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

I love this game.  Love it!  I have never been 'hooked' on a game purely because of the story since the System Shock games... and that's been a while!

The upcoming raid looks awesome... but that critter that bursts out of the ground is one we've seen before in some of the promotional material TSW hs put out.  Very clever, Ragnar... very clever.

• J-icepdJ-icepd Member Posts: 23

The best mmo games for adults ever maybe? Great quest 

hope more player join in since i love to smach down dragons and templars in PvP.

They need backup badly in PvP. 

Please give us more PvP places to fight.