Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: First Syfy Commercial Aired

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds and the Syfy Channel have released the first commercial for their collaborative effort on Defiance, a game and television show with ties to one another. It's amazing. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Cool, ty.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Somehow I thought I saw this about a month ago : /

Honestly, this is great, but instead of wasting a crapton of money, they should just do podcasts with the Sci-fi effects and acting, instead of doing a huge production on cable/national TV.  Far too much risk for an idea that is cool on paper, but won't matter if the game sucks and the whole thing is bombed preventing future endeavors from investors.

If the batman movie with Michael Keaton had bombed in the box office, the comic book movies may have been doomed and banned from the bigscreen. 

If people gagged at the formula used for the first slushee, then there would not be icee and a dozen other iterations.

If the Univeristy of Florida did not do Gatoraide correctly, we would still just have water to excercise with!

Do not Eff this up.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I like the idea behind this show/game I think it brings new meaning to the game by making the 2 work in unisen with each other but feel it might be hard to do. I guess I will have to wait and see but being a SiFi / Fantasy nut anyway I can't wait to watch and play this game.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

If I can get into this game, it would be the first show that a video game ever got me to watch instead of vice versa..

I'll try the game first and then decide if I want to follow the show or not..

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by WolfClaws

Honestly, this is great, but instead of wasting a crapton of money, they should just do podcasts with the Sci-fi effects and acting, instead of doing a huge production on cable/national TV.  Far too much risk for an idea that is cool on paper, but won't matter if the game sucks and the whole thing is bombed preventing future endeavors from investors.

If the batman movie with Michael Keaton had bombed in the box office, the comic book movies may have been doomed and banned from the bigscreen. 

If people gagged at the formula used for the first slushee, then there would not be icee and a dozen other iterations.

If the Univeristy of Florida did not do Gatoraide correctly, we would still just have water to excercise with!

Do not Eff this up.

Syfy is notoriously cheap when it comes to their TV production values. I can't imagine they are spending boatloads of money here. My biggest concern is more that how is the MMO's survivability tied to the shows? If after a year Syfy decides to cancel the show to make room for some more "reality" ghost hunter nonsense, then what happens to the MMO?

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by Meltdown

Do not Eff this up.

Syfy is notoriously cheap when it comes to their TV production values. I can't imagine they are spending boatloads of money here. My biggest concern is more that how is the MMO's survivability tied to the shows? If after a year Syfy decides to cancel the show to make room for some more "reality" ghost hunter nonsense, then what happens to the MMO?

To me, it would only make sense to either make a weekly CG animated episode for view on the web, or a narrated web comic to explain the events.. But hopefully, they have a contract at least long enough to run it through it's first 2 seasons..

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Meltdown

Do not Eff this up.

They addressed that question at ComicCon; If the show get's cancelled the game will continue, it's one reason why the game mostly takes place in San Fransisco while the show takes place in St. Louis.

http://questproquo.com/2012/07/14/defiance-comiccon-2012/

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• loot613loot613 Member Posts: 10

Doesn't look like a crapton of money spent.

The Micheal Keaton Batman movie has nothing to do with current super hero movies, they still would have been made...

You're saying that cold frozen drinks would never have made it?  Maybe they'd just have a different name huh?

Same with University of Florida, different name...

U effed that up

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

kinda awesome looking. and trion too hmmm

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    holy crap...I can count on my hand how much they spend on produciton for the show....God "Syfy" likes to slum it

It..Burns..

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'll be the one to say it...I love the syfy originals...I know they're corny, the acting is usually not that great, the CGI effect are worse than Atari 2600, but I can sit there and watch it all day long.  Besides were else is anyone going to even be able to make B list movies and get them on TV...well there's lifetime, but that's the wrong kind of movies lol.  I've always like B list movies...
    Originally posted by loot613

Doesn't look like a crapton of money spent.

The Micheal Keaton Batman movie has nothing to do with current super hero movies, they still would have been made...

You're saying that cold frozen drinks would never have made it?  Maybe they'd just have a different name huh?

Same with University of Florida, different name...

U effed that up

Your response is lacking any thought.  It resembles troll.  The things I mentioned are connected.  The Keaton Batman movie was the first serious comic book movie in the theaters where the guy wore a costume, in a long long time.  Like I said, if it bombed, no telling when the next movie would have been funded because of the risk of losing money on "kiddy material".

The slushy comment was just generic, but if someone did not do it right and have the drink gain popularity, it would have been seriously delayed and no Kaf Pow, or other enjoyable drinks that are frozen.  

The Gatoraide, you must be a troll since UF had designed it and pushed it out.  If they did not do this, sports drinks would either be A. not here, B. the public would not care, hence no investors or C. invented much later and we would not have the selection of sports drinks that we do today.

This game/TV show is the same thing.  It is something new that if it does get effed up, another one may not happend for a long long time.  But if the game iteself is good, and the show is good, and they integrate the two into something epic, we may see more in the near future.

I like new stuff, and if they screw it up, I may not see something that might be pretty awesome down the line.

• davhut21davhut21 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    This reminds me of back in the 80's there was a show that you used a gun that you purchased to shoot targets that would appear during each episode. It was fun till the show was cancelled and you had a toy guy that was worthless. Now I have to look up name of that show.
  • AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I'll be the one to say it...I love the syfy originals...I know they're corny, the acting is usually not that great, the CGI effect are worse than Atari 2600, but I can sit there and watch it all day long.  Besides were else is anyone going to even be able to make B list movies and get them on TV...well there's lifetime, but that's the wrong kind of movies lol.  I've always like B list movies...

same <3

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    oh dear i remmeber the show.. you had to shoot yur gun to the purple square in the chest of the monsters... i did play it a lot i was so sad when they canceled the show.. to think i bombarded my parents everyday  to get that toy gun...
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I find it ironic the posts on the "good" things about this were deleted by someone with a serious mod problem, yet these guys in-fighting are allowed to continue.

There were six really good posts on this game yesterday in this thread and now it's just clowns infighting.

This site is going to the dogs, those of us whom have spent ages here giving impressions to your advertising are getting thrown under the bus for this?

All you people do is fight.