Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the game to watch for hardcore PvPers

2»

Comments

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94

I really really hope The Repopulation succeeds.  The way they have it designed (normal server)  to work is EXACTLY the type of pvp I've been waiting for. 

BTW, website is still down.  Did the put their alarms on mute?

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by Kraylor

I really really hope The Repopulation succeeds.  The way they have it designed (normal server)  to work is EXACTLY the type of pvp I've been waiting for. 

BTW, website is still down.  Did the put their alarms on mute?

The dev that deals with the website is actually at Gencon right now, so he's out of touch and I don't have a phone number :(

Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow, and if not then Monday at the latest.

The Repop website is back up.
  • rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    I encourage people to get involved and show your support, a small contribution to an independant developer can go a long way.
  • KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by rdrpappy
    I encourage people to get involved and show your support, a small contribution to an independant developer can go a long way.

I agree.  I'm hoping another kickstarter campaign (if they can do another) or other fundraising event happens.  I missed out on the initial one as I didn't know about the game then, but I do now and am just waiting to throw money at them.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Have been keepnig an eye on the repopulation for some time.. didnt realise it had full loot?

If this is the case awesome :)

Originally posted by Caldrin

Have been keepnig an eye on the repopulation for some time.. didnt realise it had full loot?

If this is the case awesome :)

It will contain some form of corpse loot on the hardcore server, but the official ruleset for hardcore hasn't been decided yet. It may be full loot, or it may be inventory loot.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Evolution8
    Full loot, FFA PvP, Housing, SWG Style crafting system......So far this is the best possible chance at getting a real PvP game, and yes i plan on gainking everyone i see ;)  The idea is great, the team is well funded, lets give this one a shot.

I am looking forward to this title as well.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    by joshuahalls »

On the normal servers there is no plan to have any kind of PvP looting. We plan to have penalties instead of losing equipment. If we release hardcore servers that will be a bit different and probably will be full loot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish people would stop saying this game is full loot pvp for the entire game, only certain servers if they decide to release hardcore servers. Full loot is a turn off for many and will damage the games popularity.

Been following this game a long time, and it has many aspects of a true epic mmo and cant wait to play. But people really need to stop reading into things that arent there.

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421

The current plan is to release two servers a Normal and a Hardcore.

The Normal ruleset will be partially protected faction based PvP, which is similar to Dark Age of Camelot's, except with the addition of Rogue Nations.  There will be no corpse looting on those servers and each faction has some areas which are protected unless they go to Active Military (which then allows them to be attacked anyplace, and to attack other Active Military members anyplace).

The Hardcore ruleset will flag everyone as Active PvP, effectively removing the safe areas (though guards will still protect allied players) and will feature player looting.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I would play on the hardcore pvp server for sure. However I do not want it to be full loot. A chance at losing some inventory stuff would be good for me. If it does happen to be full loot then I would still play it. For some games like DayZ to be full loot if you die I am fine with that but MMO style games losing your wearble gear to me I am not a fan of that.
  • Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

The only problem i have with full loot is what kind of gear will we have?  will it just be basic easy crafted gear so when we do get killed by an enemy we wont care to lose it, will there be gear in game that requires allot of effort to get, via raids, questlines ect ect...If i spend 2 hours busting my butt to get a piece of gear only to lost it as im exiting the area i will be upset, now inventory loot would be a great idea, but people can just empty there inventory before they go out, now adding some % of coin loot is always a great choice also, catching someone running for the bank with gold on them is always good entertainment, i do not like full loot games cause gear is never unique...Inventory loot and a % of gold after the kill is ideal...and ZERO safe zones.

Some games with a similar pvp setup had insurance potions, if you died your chances of losing an equipped items was reduced, was a great seller in the cash shop obviously. If you lost an item from a death in pvp it would go into the guilds bank and stay there for 5 days, only the guild leader could return it to you if you payed, or after 5 days the guild leader could keep it and use the item or give it to another guildmate, was a pretty good system, the game was Atlantica Online.

I am in full support for the developers for The Repopulation, and will try to provide ideas as much as possible. I just want a PvP focused game with FFA PvP but also to have very rare loots that i don't fear i will loose...Then again whats hardcore then right lol

Gear is crafted, but not all crafted gear is equal.  You can throw a crappy piece together easily, but top of the line gear will take you hours to obtain (assuming you're doing the leg work and making it yourself).

Full loot is NOT guaranteed at this point.  Some form of looting will happen on the hardcore server, I'm sure, but it may be inventory only, or it may be full loot, or it may be % drop chances.  These are the things that haven't been decided yet.

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421

On a sidenote, on regular rule set there is also multiple PvP rewards, that don't involve looting another players items.

- There are PvP engagements which will automatically distribute rewards to higher performers, or sometimes to all performers. They can also give negative achievements for failures.

- You gain military experience every time you defeat a player from a rival nation. This military experience is used to gain military rank and military rank can be used as a filter on missions and as a requirement on items, and have a vendors to allow you to purchase those perks.

- Rival Nation members also have their own loot table which will very rarely result in items, but will generally result you tearing their nations insignia off, which you can turn in to for additional military experience and a possibility of rewards.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by RagnorMalak
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Hmm not realy impressed yet tbh.
    Looks almost the same as TSW, with likewise bad animations.
    Hope that are placeholders and not the real animations, world looks epic tough.

This game is not about looks or combat animations. It's about beign a true sandbox with the freedom to go where you want and do whatever you want. Heck, if you want to you don't have to fire one bullet and still be succeful in the game by beign a crafter or tamer. People can build their own cities and create their own lands. Not at all like TSW, which is in fact a 100% theme park.

As someone who plans to be a crafting only character, I say  gank away guys. I'll be in the rear ready to sell you the new gear ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Full loot, FFA PvP, Housing, SWG Style crafting system......So far this is the best possible chance at getting a real PvP game, and yes i plan on gainking everyone i see ;)  The idea is great, the team is well funded, lets give this one a shot.

Wish you wouldnt use the term PvP'ers in this context.  Use a term like hardcore PK'er or Niche player but FFA Full loot PvP does not interest even a fraction of the MMO PvP playerbase.  The ideas postulated in this game is destined to playerbases as robust as Mortal Online or Darkfall.  Enjoy that small niche style because it sure as hell isnt going to garner much more support then that.  Ohh and lets also not forget to mention its a scifi game which limits its marketable playerbase even more.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Oooh...hadn't really looked into this game until now, but it sounds very promising!!! Especially as it's free to play, so I can do a free trial. Me likey! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Where's the any key?

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Wish you wouldnt use the term PvP'ers in this context.  Use a term like hardcore PK'er or Niche player but FFA Full loot PvP does not interest even a fraction of the MMO PvP playerbase.  The ideas postulated in this game is destined to playerbases as robust as Mortal Online or Darkfall.  Enjoy that small niche style because it sure as hell isnt going to garner much more support then that.  Ohh and lets also not forget to mention its a scifi game which limits its marketable playerbase even more.

Obviously you didn't actually take a look at the features of the game or you'd realize the OP is looking solely at the hardcore server.  The normal ruleset will have safe areas, no corpse loot, etc. Also, concerning the hardcore rulset - it isn't finalized! Exactly what kind of loot hasn't been decided and the game isn't FFA. At bare minimum, you won't be able to kill your guildmates, but on both rulesets you can go Rogue and set every other nation on the server to Nemesis.  It's close to FFA, but not quite there. But doing that is a choice, not something the devs are forcing on people, regardless of server type.