Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo after GW2, whats the next big hype train? I can't see anything.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    hands down TESO. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Every game prior to release gets hyped here.  The amount of hype usually matches the popularity of the title and/or studio.

So, my answer is the next big release (which off the top of my head don't know).

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by grimal

Every game prior to release gets hyped here.  The amount of hype usually matches the popularity of the title and/or studio.

So, my answer is the next big release (which off the top of my head don't know).

usually matches the dollars

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by hikaru77

TESO.

After less than a Month, GW2 will be one of the biggest disappointments in the MMO history for really a lot of people, not for the people like me who bought the game knowing that is just an E-sport MMO. 

TSW didnt fail.

SWTOR is still the most successful MMO but WoW in the west, and by the end of the year we will find more people playing TOR than GW2. 

I know the perfect song for people like you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m24uUzJgfwQ

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

id guess Wildstar for 2013

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110

The only game that can gather as much hype as warhammer, swtor and gw2 is elder scrolls online.

Archeage and Blade&Soul will gather lots of attention among people reading mmo sites but they are korean which kills some of the hype thanks to aion and tera. Archeage could be the great hope for sandbox players, and B&S for the players that are fed up with tab-target combat.

For 2014 my guess is wildstar.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I also add my vote in for TES online.

Personally it is Planetside 2 but an fpsmmo certainly won't generate the hype as an elder scrolls mmo

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by hikaru77

TESO.

After less than a Month, GW2 will be one of the biggest disappointments in the MMO history for really a lot of people, not for the people like me who bought the game knowing that is just an E-sport MMO. 

TSW didnt fail.

SWTOR is still the most successful MMO but WoW in the west, and by the end of the year we will find more people playing TOR than GW2. 

/signed

absolutely correct Mr. Sulu.

But only if they actually fix TOR and make it more like SWG was

TSW is great btw, only MMO I play right now, loving it.

GW2? Meh...

• necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

wildstar

neverwinter

Arch age

elder scrolls online

the repopulation

all hype trains waiting to leave the station.

as long as there are games in development, there will be wagons to hitch your star to.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Im going to say PS2 will be the next big hype game..

However if or whenever carbine publicly announces that wildstar is going B2P/F2P it will jump to the top of the hype meter...

Playing GW2..

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

If GW2 manages to draw mmorpg'ers and RPG'ers; then the question next is... Will PS2 manage to draw mmorpg'ers and FPS'ers?

After that the question of how big the sandbox crowd is, I'd guess, with Archage.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by monarc333
    Elder Scolls and Neverwinter Nights mmo. Then maybe Archeage for the sandbox crowd.

^This, pretty much^

NWN is out on this fall already.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

It has to be TESO. Elder Scrolls has the IP to really take the market by storm with. I think a lot of people hoping for the vastness of the ES world will overlook a few gameplay mechanics that they are putting into the game that are different from what we were  hoping for in an Elder Scrolls MMO because it is frickin' an Elder Scrolls MMO. How cool is that? Along with the big budget marketing and the constant coverage it'll get later in development, everyone will know about it.

People who were hoping for a true ES MMO will be very disappointed. I know I was looking for a more EQ type experience that I thought I'd get if ES ever came out with an MMO. Sadly...it doesn't seem that way.

This quote by Matt Firor really has me wondering the direction that's being taken with the game.

"We just want to make a good game and let people who want to play it, play it. It is an online game. MMO is a tired expression. It is an online RPG and we designed it to be a great game"

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Sicae

For 2014 my guess is wildstar.

you think 2014 is the year for Wildstar?

not that i know any better,

but when they announced it last summer they showed ingame footage and said they had already been working on it for over 3.5 years  (in aug 2011)

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/17/carbine-announces-wildstar-aims-at-mmo-reinvention/

if Wildstar released in 2014 that would be almost 7 years of development

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Planetside 2 offcourse :)

Arenanet + SoE opend a new door to gaming.

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Ocenica

SWTOR flopped.

TSW lagged.

Countless others blah.

GW2 will hopefully be great and your time reading this post has been waisted.  BUUUT, what if it isn't.  What is the next big game to hopefully revolutionize the genre or at least breath life back into it?  Some F2P title?  Something in 2012?  Are we going to be waiting up until Titans to hopefully get our fix? 

Whats the next big thing AFTER GW2?

Hopefully Michael Moorcock's Elric will be the first MMO developed by Rockstar other then that I dont see one.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106
    I would say Archage if it finds an Ocidental publisher (probably will!) and Planetside 2. Then there will come "the next big thing" Open World MMOFPS.
  • Hydros13Hydros13 Member Posts: 30

I think the next hype train is going to be either PS2 / Wildstar / TESO / Archeage.

From what I've head from the latest videos from GC 2012 about Wildstar, it is probably going to be released in Q4 2013. (Closed beta starting early next year)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

WoD, PS2 and Archage

TESO has already recieved to much negative press. 

Titan maybe but Blizzard has been releasing a lot of duds lately and it may catch up with them by the time Titan rolls around. 

So... not sure, Blade and soul maybe but thats a bit of a long shot as well. Was sad to see TSW flop. 

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DpRcxK_N8

Damnit geezergamer.  I hereby revoke your posting privilages.  I had to stop what I was doing and do the choo choo for 10 sec @ work and someone walked by.

o.0

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Id be surprised if any of the upcoming mmos that we know about will have the same hype tsunami as GW2.i think WoD will be somewhat big, though I'm sure it will definitely not be for everyone.Other than that i only see small blips on the radar.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    TESO hype will probably kick in later this / year first of next year and then ArcheAge at some point next year.
  • necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

Ok how about trions new game

DEFIANCE.

if the tv show is a hit.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Ocenica
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DpRcxK_N8
    Damnit geezergamer.  I hereby revoke your posting privilages.  I had to stop what I was doing and do the choo choo for 10 sec @ work and someone walked by.

o.0

Oh no! That's terrible!

So sorry!