Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have one problem with gw2--No open world pvp!!!

bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
It is really not a hate thread and i really purchased gw2. Yes i am wow,eve,swtor fan (well ok  maybe not so much swtor anymore). I think it is a big, big mistake to make a game without open world pvp. My adrenaline rush will be so low and i could have 'that pve server feeling. RVR is just another instance or huge bg and  i really would  like to be able to attack anyone like in aoc. Do you guys miss that option to?

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    There are games with that already. GW2 is doing stuff for pvp differently.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Don't we all have a problem with GW2 not having open world PvP?

This is old news, its been discussed hundreds of times on these forums....move on and enjoy WvWvW. Anet will keep updating their pvp, dont worry.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    no reason for it besides the weak or afk to be preyed on by the jerks out there.. it has zero civil purpose in a game like this.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    It is really not a hate thread and i really purchased gw2. Yes i am wow,eve,swtor fan (well ok  maybe not so much swtor anymore). I think it is a big, big mistake to make a game without open world pvp. My adrenaline rush will be so low and i could have 'that pve server feeling. RVR is just another instance or huge bg and  i really would  like to be able to attack anyone like in aoc. Do you guys miss that option to?

I'm a huge open world pvp player and I thought I would miss it in GW2. After playing in all the BWEs and in all the stress tests, I can say that I do not miss it. I'll be focusing on WVW and so far I think it's pretty good.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Run around WvW with a friend or two, and kill peeps as they come out of their borderkeeps. It's just like ganking but better, because it's a fair(er) fight.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by ariboersma
    no reason for it besides the weak or afk to be victems by the jerks out there.. it has zero civil purpose in a game like this.

But why not one full pvp server?

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    yeah it sucks, now i cant grief you repeatedly at the res point :(

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's like DAOC RvR and PvE separate so that's good enough for me. Open world pvp is usually just a grey gank fest. Where's the challenge in ganking greys? I prefer the DAOC/GW2 approach to large scale battles with people my own level. But, that's just me.

If you like open world pvp you may prefer Tera or the countless other games that have it.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

That's right ladies and gentlemen, it's time again for the repeated GW2 CRITICISM OF THE DAY!!!  The exciting game where we spin the wheel of dislike to see what oft-repeated critcism of GW2 is posted today on the forums!

Will it be no mounts?  Will it be no raiding?  Your guess is as good as mine, let's find out!

[SPINS WHEEL]

And the winner is....no open world PvP!  You heard it here first folks.  Come back again tomorrow for the next...

GW2 CRITICISM OF THE DAY!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

WvW has both PvE and PvP.

WvW equals open world.

fixed.

Or is it because you want to gank lowbies? :(

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Creslin321

That's right ladies and gentlemen, it's time again for the repeated GW2 CRITICISM OF THE DAY!!!  The exciting game where we spin the wheel of dislike to see what oft-repeated critcism of GW2 is posted today on the forums!

Will it be no mounts?  Will it be no raiding?  Your guess is as good as mine, let's find out!

[SPINS WHEEL]

And the winner is....no open world PvP!  You heard it here first folks.  Come back again tomorrow for the next...

lol +1

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

WvW has both PvE and PvP.

WvW equals open world.

fixed.

Or is it because you want to gank lowbies? :(

This, and read more about it here.

Also, lock this thread and merge it to the other 100 or so identical threads.

• beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351

[SPINS WHEEL]

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by sammandar

I'm a huge open world pvp player and I thought I would miss it in GW2. After playing in all the BWEs and in all the stress tests, I can say that I do not miss it. I'll be focusing on WVW and so far I think it's pretty good.

who could possibly miss that... the whole W v W v W  PvP should be more than enough, i personally would see duelling removed from the game because its daft, but..  why do get so many whines when people start realising the fights are going to be fairer, and it won't be about gear or level advantage, but player skill and teamwork that decides the outcome in combat.. so, miss open world combat.. really ?image

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

[SPINS WHEEL]

+1

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

[SPINS WHEEL]

Lmao +1

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

it is a problem,to me also.

now if  I see for example player TuRbO_KilLeR   - Goon Squad -  ,he is following someone ,doing dancemoves all the time,this someone says " go away TuRbO_KiLlEr ,he wont,he starts dancing faster and jumping around him.... now stop.

in any other game wheres PVP ,TuRbO would be about head shorter right now,but,in GW2 my hands are tied.

only way to attack this guy is change my name to something like his,dance around him and fight  back like he does,no way HC.

or change server? log in some instanced fight and hope he shows up ? and when he does he logs out.

point is my hands are tied.

Let's internet

Originally posted by ariboersma
    no reason for it besides the weak or afk to be victems by the jerks out there.. it has zero civil purpose in a game like this.

But why not one full pvp server?

because it has NO PLACE in the GW2 system.. I do not understand how ppl can have played the game, understand the game yet still do not understand this simple yet important aspect.. its about working together.. you cannot effectively work together if you are all the time watching over your back for someone to gank you. This is why Rift is copying GW2 in this matter.. their environment is hostile enough.. no reason to add pvp into the mix.

• no i don't miss that option. i've come to think that open world PvP is simply for ganking at this point, when other games have givin us other options. i use to gank, i use to get ganked, but after a while it wasn't too much fun anymore. it was more of a way to let off some steam, but it was often on some random dude just trying to gather mats. most of the guys i know irl that are still active in open world pvp games do it just to gank. what's interesting is those same friends of mine were all picked on heavily at some point in their lives. either by parrents, school bullies, or current jobs. i'm not trying to say this is how it is for all those active in open pvp, but it's just what i've come to see after my time playing these games.

i really like the way GW2 handles WvWvW. there's more then enough room that it feels more then just open. there are PvE objectives, and castle conquest. this is just my 2c, but WvWvW > Open world PvP.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

[SPINS WHEEL]

Wau! Somebody is offended :(. Sorry but most of the critic from mmorpg forums about swtor was because of bad open world pvp. So how is that now different???

I dont think anyone is offended really, I believe that the topic has come up over and over again on this site and most are just tired of seeing the same things posted. A little search in the GW2 forums on this site will bring up posts on this topic. You might find more information and opinions there rather than wasting time and effort posting something that has been butchered to death.

• Originally posted by Creslin321

[SPINS WHEEL]

Too bad there's no "Like" button on this site.

Spot on Cres... spot on.

Originally posted by ForumPvP

it is a problem,to me also.

now if  I see for example player TuRbO_KilLeR   - Goon Squad -  ,he is following someone ,doing dancemoves all the time,this someone says " go away TuRbO_KiLlEr ,he wont,he starts dancing faster and jumping around him.... now stop.

in any other game wheres PVP ,TuRbO would be about head shorter right now,but,in GW2 my hands are tied.

only way to attack this guy is change my name to something like his,dance around him and fight  back like he does,no way HC.

or change server? log in some instanced fight and hope he shows up ? and when he does he logs out.

point is my hands are tied.

who the eff does this? and if they do report them for harassment! Did you by chance play wow? thats the only community I can think of that would be that assinine.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Creslawl strikes! :)

ANet has added more PvE content to WvW in order to get that open PvP feeling. The fact you don't need to leave WvW to level is a plus in that regard.

Maybe they will have a OPvP server down the line but doubtful considering the game doesn't seem built for it. I like the fact that it's made for consensual PvP but provides a huge map for OWPvP where sieges and DEs are going on. I hope future expansions add to WvW and more PvE is added for those not wanting to leave the Mists.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

This will not be logical to implement world pvp and factions...All races cooperate together to kill Zaithan, ofc they don't like each other but still they have same goal.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

[SPINS WHEEL]

Another classic from Creslin. That made me laugh, nice one.

Anyway about open world PvP. No I don't miss it, and it's completely incompatable with GW2's design for it's PvE content. I'm more than happy with the WvWvW design. I doubt I'll even touch sPvP. I much prefer the DAoC style of RvR which is back after all this time. It's something that's been missing from MMO's for far too long.

And I'm putting my money on "No Raids" for tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.