Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo after GW2, whats the next big hype train? I can't see anything.

OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

SWTOR flopped.

TSW lagged.

Countless others blah.

GW2 will hopefully be great and your time reading this post has been waisted.  BUUUT, what if it isn't.  What is the next big game to hopefully revolutionize the genre or at least breath life back into it?  Some F2P title?  Something in 2012?  Are we going to be waiting up until Titans to hopefully get our fix? 

Whats the next big thing AFTER GW2?

Comments

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    planetside 2 easily the next big hype train game..and i think it will back it up.as far as my personal most excited for game it would have to be starbound...i put an embarrassing amount of time into terraria so...yea this will be epic.
  • MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

TSW is fantastic. Sleeper hit, give it time.

TOR failed to get some inspiration from SWG. Too bad.

Next big hype train? Probably World of Darkness by CCP.

At least the times for medieval MMO wowclones is hopefully over.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

ArcheAge, if they ever find a western publisher.

Though there are still plenty of AAA MMOs coming, none deserve the hype we've seen from the last few.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

http://wollay.blogspot.com/

Oh yes,not sure about hype train but it will be mine!Oh yes,it will be mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Km6YOb9ymxQ

Let's internet

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

a MMO does not end after launch, personally, I will watch out for the updates of each recent MMO, the one with the most cool stuff in september is the one I will play.

new is not always better.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Elder scrolls dude, elder scrolls. After that Titan dude, Titan dude
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Elder Scolls and Neverwinter Nights mmo. Then maybe Archeage for the sandbox crowd.
  • hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

tsw is actually a really great game.  too bad alot of people seemed turned off by funcoms past, ive never played a funcom game before this one so all I can really say I havent had any problems with funcom.

not sure about the next big hyped game, but for me the only games on my radar are world of darkness, pathfinder online and whatever undeadlabs is cooking up (mainly because I like zombies), maybe the elder scrolls online but I will wait till I know more about that game.

so ill play tsw till I either get real bored, the servers shut down or one of those three or four come out.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    ArcheAge gets my vote.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Archeage without question!
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by bobfish

Though there are still plenty of AAA MMOs coming, none deserve the hype we've seen from the last few.

I was going to say ArcheAge as well.

Themeparks are history and short lived. We're slowly moving away from that.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

I´m only hyped by THIS at the moment: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHPpdndIlkQ

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Probably ArcheAge for me too. 
  • MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I think TESO will be next in line, just look at all the love it's already getting lol.
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I wouldn't call it a hype train, as I purchased GW2 as I have purchased GW1, I stick to good devs who do great jobs and never make me feel like I have been cheated.

Insofar as that, D+D is actually releasing a Forgotten Realms setting MMO in the NeverWinter Campaign, F2P by Perfect World/Cryptic releasing early 2013. Anyone who has actually played it says it's phenomenal, so I'm hopeful it will be.

Not sure about hype, but I'm 100% looking forward to playing it and seeing how it feels. Would love to revisit those campaigns of lore, see Elminster, listen to Volo sing badly, smack that Drow Ranger a couple times,  etc...and of course fight for NeverWinter and against the UnderDark, (possibly even visa versa).

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on:

World of Darkness

The Repopulation

Elder Scrolls Online

• UgeniusUgenius Member UncommonPosts: 40

The sims 2 omline!! LOL j/k

Im going with elders ftw. :)

• SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Archage and Planet Side 2 seem to be the closest hype on the horizon.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    PS2 and Archeage

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Only realistic answer to that question is TESO.

No one outside of minority MMO community in NA/EU knows about Archeage and PS2 and stuff like WoD, but I bet a fair amount know about Neverwinter...

but Elder Scrolls is a multi million global franchise.

Even if it isn't any good, it will be popular.

After that, Titan?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

TESO.

After less than a Month, GW2 will be one of the biggest disappointments in the MMO history for really a lot of people, not for the people like me who bought the game knowing that is just an E-sport MMO. 

TSW didnt fail.

SWTOR is still the most successful MMO but WoW in the west, and by the end of the year we will find more people playing TOR than GW2. 

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by hikaru77

TESO.

After less than a Month, GW2 will be one of the biggest disappointments in the MMO history for really a lot of people, not for the people like me who bought the game knowing that is just an E-sport MMO. 

TSW didnt fail.

SWTOR is still the most successful MMO but WoW in the west, and by the end of the year we will find more people playing TOR than GW2. 

Where did you buy your crystal ball? Swtor successful? you have to be kidding me. Guild wars 2 will be the second most successful mmo in about 2 days from now.

• ApolyonBSApolyonBS Member UncommonPosts: 23
    For me it would be ArchAge, and maybe World of Darkness (I really want this one to be a huge success)
  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by ApolyonBS
    For me it would be ArchAge, and maybe World of Darkness (I really want this one to be a huge success)

Me too!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• Originally posted by bobfish

this ^   . other games are coming, but i wouldn't say they're going to get the same attention as GW2. ESO, DayZ stand alone, the War Z, Neverwinter, etc. they're all going to get some hype, but nothing compared to the hype that GW2 or even SWToR had.