Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it to buy in now?

TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Knoxville, TNPosts: 393Member

I'm considering getting the Founder's Edition. Can anyone who's currently playing in the beta give me their impressions? I'm sure there's an NDA, but I'm just looking for opinions, not details.

 

So, in your OPINION, is it worth it to fork out the cash for a Founder's Edition? Are the mechs you get worth it? Can the mechs you get thru the Founders Edition be earned / purchased elsewhere?

 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
-Glen Cook

Comments

  • VitaminKVitaminK Richmond, VAPosts: 60Member Uncommon

    Worth it? IMHO, yes, even if you just get the 30$ one.

    The 60$ and 120$ version of FE thats sort of up to you. Im pretty sure you can get the 30$ and upgrade if you decide later you'd like the founders mechs.

     

    Also this is not going to be available for purchase anymore after August 6th!

  • BrachusBrachus Taneytown, MDPosts: 96Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by VitaminK
    Worth it? IMHO, yes, even if you just get the 30$ one. The 60$ and 120$ version of FE thats sort of up to you. Im pretty sure you can get the 30$ and upgrade if you decide later you'd like the founders mechs.   Also this is not going to be available for purchase anymore after August 6th!

    Correction; Founder's package will no longer be available after September 6th.

  • BrachusBrachus Taneytown, MDPosts: 96Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom
    I'm considering getting the Founder's Edition. Can anyone who's currently playing in the beta give me their impressions? I'm sure there's an NDA, but I'm just looking for opinions, not details.   So, in your OPINION, is it worth it to fork out the cash for a Founder's Edition? Are the mechs you get worth it? Can the mechs you get thru the Founders Edition be earned / purchased elsewhere?   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    The Founder's mechs will not be available in any other way besides purchasing a Founder's Package. They cannot be purchased or earned in game, or so they have said.

     

    Personally, I think it is worth it to at least get the $60 package to get 1 Founder's mech. I haven't talked myself into the $120 package, but I am considering it. Just not sure about another $60 for 3 more mechs, especially when 2 of the mechs would not be my preferred mech in their weight class. If you are considering the $30 package, then I don't see why you wouldn't spend the extra $30 to get 1 of the mechs. You're still really only spending what most box copies of a game costs at that point.

  • pmaurapmaura Orlando, COPosts: 527Member Uncommon

    if you enjoy Mechwarrior games you will like this its only multiplayer death match currently, they have about 2 more months until open beta(thats a somewhat educated guess)

    But I also think if you are paying member of ign.com you get beta acess that might be a cheaper way, but otherwise there are certainly worse ways to spend $30

  • vieplis666vieplis666 RigaPosts: 33Member
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken
  • BrachusBrachus Taneytown, MDPosts: 96Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken

    Not sure how you are making that determination against 2 unreleased games.

     

    From what I know and have seen regarding the 2 games, my guess would be that anyone who liked the old Mechwarrior games will love MWO and someone looking for a more arcade feeling FPS style mech game will enjoy Hawken. Again, that is just my opinion based on what I know and have seen from the 2 games.

  • TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Knoxville, TNPosts: 393Member
    Thanks, everyone. Took the plunge and decided I wanted all 4 Founders Mechs. So far, so good.

    No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

  • USSCUSSC Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom
    Thanks, everyone. Took the plunge and decided I wanted all 4 Founders Mechs. So far, so good.

    image I did the same.

  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCPosts: 542Member
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

     

    So much crap, so little quality.

  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member Common
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken

    Hawken is garbage compared to MWO.

  • ReizlaReizla 127.0.0.1Posts: 3,774Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom
    I'm considering getting the Founder's Edition. Can anyone who's currently playing in the beta give me their impressions? I'm sure there's an NDA, but I'm just looking for opinions, not details.

    NDA even states that you're not allowed to say you're playing. So I guess no1 will be able to say anything about the game (yet)

    AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

Sign In or Register to comment.