Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
Just wanted to share it I dont really care but I know people here do so, GW2 is now 8.81 on the hype meter. 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

if you haven't figures this out  yet..

do you really think that this meter works proper?

Look @ embers of caerus.. its a game which exists on paper and words..

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by cinos

I really wish it was possible to comment on certain peoples hype comments.

This one for example:

"After being so excited about this game all it is is WOW where you're limited to 7 skills, all of them only having auto aim. Terrible. This quote should sum it up "The Guild Wars 2 serial code you registered has been disabled as of August xx, 2012.""

It's not even factually correct and yet some might look at that and take it as gospel. :/

Hehe saw that one too, it actually made me laugh.
    Just look the guy's post history anyway... only bitter posts along with some insults. Who cares about such a poster?

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

GW 2 just deserves it !

Nu'ff said image

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I don't give a hoot about hyper meters or what other people say about any games, I try then based on fact and even recommendations. I make a point of beta testing any game which draws my attention and only then like with GW2 when it comes close to retail I then make a decission based on many things like how many of my friends and enemies plan on playing the game and do I like the look and feel of combat and will it run perfectly on my machine...after all this I then either buy it or walk away.

This way hype does not play any part in what happens in my gaming world as it's all normally BS anyway.

Bandit

Asbo

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Hype meters are meaningless. In fact. Any meter is meaningless. One has to try for themselves.

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Any meter is meaningless.

Tell that to the Police next time they catch you driving faster than the authorized limit... ;-)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    8.81 and keep going up
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Now for a 8.81 review score after the release

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by andre369
    Just wanted to share it I dont really care but I know people here do so, GW2 is now 8.81 on the hype meter. 

You don't care but since you know people care you point them to the obvious hypemeter displayed on the frontpage?

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by andre369

Gw2 will go f2p within 3 months!............................... ohhh w8...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I hate hype image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    I'd love to know what the fuck this hype meter is actually measuring ...?
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    I'd love to know what the fuck this hype meter is actually measuring ...?

People are voting from a scale 1-10 how much "hyped" they are about a game. So the hype meter is measuring... hype whatever that means

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

It's quite amusing to see people "hating" the hype here, when those same people were praising the hype about other games like TSW a couple of months ago.

It's a bit like the opinion/fact "problem" which is quite common on web forums... if it fits your agenda, it's fact, if you disagree with it, it's opinion.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

If it's still over 8.8 come the holidays, I'll be impressed then.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

If it's still over 8.8 come the holidays, I'll be impressed then.

Won't be hype anymore then.

The counter gets reset when the game is released, and changed into a "Rating" counter.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Hype meters are meaningless. In fact. Any meter is meaningless. One has to try for themselves.

Everyone using the metric system would like to sit you down for a little chat...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by seridan

People are voting from a scale 1-10 how much "hyped" they are about a game. So the hype meter is measuring... hype whatever that means

Thank you. I never saw a poll like that, always wondered what all the fuffle was about.

Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer If it's still over 8.8 come the holidays, I'll be impressed then.

The counter gets reset when the game is released, and changed into a "Rating" counter.

That's exactly why I said it. By then, the score (whatever it may be) will more accurately reflect it's true value.

And I'm not being sarcastic. If GW2 can maintain it's score by then, I will be impressed.
    I'm not saying it won't. But every game ever released since WoW has had a major drop off in the weeks to months following release.

So, Will GW2 be the exception?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Originally posted by GeezerGamer If it's still over 8.8 come the holidays, I'll be impressed then.

That's exactly why I said it. By then, the score (whatever it may be) will more accurately reflect it's true value.

And I'm not being sarcastic. If GW2 can maintain it's score by then, I will be impressed.
    I'm not saying it won't. But every game ever released since WoW has had a major drop off in the weeks to months following release.

2 months in TSW hasn't dropped ;) Just saying. 

yes I preorderd....

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

It is so easy to vote down a  game here that is why i never care for MMORPG ratings. I always look at th e aggregate of all the major ratings sites and then compare it to the user scores.

Depending only upon one site to gauge the ratings of any game is a bad idea. Especially MMORPG.COM which is very biased when it comes to certain titles.

Well the rating score within a few months isn't important by itself. When the ratings reach a few thousand (around 5k or even more) we'll see how high the game will be then, regardless of the time. More ratings give a more "proper" rating, regardless of how many months have passed.

As an example, TSW might have a high rating but only 500 ratings, while the rest of the games on the top list have more than 3k ratings, there is a huge difference. Can't judge a game with 500 ratings :)

We also have to remember the Perpetuum Online incident here too.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

A hype meter is exactly that.. a hype meter..

not suprised GW2 is high as they put hype drugs into the beta tests..