Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will you spend your first few hours ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm totally taking my time,

During Beta I felt like I should rush....So much excitement going around me.  it seemed as if I had to run around like crazy or I would miss out on something.  Not only the game gave me that feeling, but so many players everyplace.  Adding that my guild voice chat had several events going on, I felt like I should know what I was doing quickly to get involved.

But things will be different :

I decided on a Necro ( have not played one yet ). I will first get my harvesting equipment right out of the gate since it takes seconds anyway.  I'll only have a few abilities at start.  I promised myself I would study them well, as you get more quickly and can be easily overwhelmed ( at least me ). I just remembered getting my second weapon only to equip it instantly and not have a clue of my abilities as I would use them.

This game is not complicated, but one of my favorite bonus's is that you have so many options and things to do right out of the gate, not a carrot on a stick like the failed games as of late.  In fact sub consciously I think that is the ONLY reason people hate other mmo's, yet for most it is un-spoken.

I'm taking my time........I refuse to fall into the excitement trap.

Comments

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475
    It's all about Me Me Me !
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

After playing all classes except Engineer i made the decision to level my Elementalist 1st.

PvE untill level 7 + unlocking all weape skills (takes to long in WvW)

Focus on WvwW untill my eyes bleed and i cant see what is foe or friend anymore.
    Then i will play PvE and explore / level /
    Then Spvp with friends
    Then back to WvW again

If i still live after this session then my wife will make sure i die before monday with poisoning my food.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Definitely going to take my time, enjoy the story finally instead of skipping, watch all cutscenes, even the Vistas I skipped on purpose so I can enjoy finding them again.  Listen to all the conversations as I pass by NPCs.  Actually dive into the "world" aspect of the game.  Will be so nice to relax and play and just do whatever my mood suits me.  Anyone else feel like it's Christmas Eve(x2)?  I may just have to go to bed early Friday night and get up REAL early Saturday a.m.

I've actually woken up thinking about GW2, haven't had a game do that to me since WoW 2004.  Might have even dreamed I was playing.  

But yeah, so I'll PVE for quite awhile until I get all my weapon skills unlocked and see which ones I enjoy using the most, then I'll study the trait line and see which ones compliment my weapons/playstyle.  Then and only then will hop into sPVP and W v. W.  It worked on my Mesmer in beta, so I'm going to apply that technique to my other classes.  Once you learn your skills in and out it makes PVPing ten times more enjoyable.   At least for me.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Waiting for the get to 80 by launch day post. lol

I shall be mixing it up with getting all skills unlocked, crafting, doing all hearts and skill points along with vitas, so much to do so little time in a day.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
     By being at work this whole week end and enjoying it!  Haven't pre ordered GW2 and not planning on playing it since I'm highly allergic to any NCSoft involvement in any project.  :)
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX
     By being at work this whole week end and enjoying it!  Haven't pre ordered GW2 and not planning on playing it since I'm highly allergic to any NCSoft involvement in any project.  :)

Gotta love the misguided people.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    install on desktop then laptop. make a norn necro. and drive 600km south to brisbane to makes for a week of gw2
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Get Guild things settled and done (im the "build-things-Officer")

Visit HOM, get my rewards.

Looking around for gathering tools payed with carma.

And then...me, myself and i

imageimage

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    I will spend some time harvesting, then do a bit more harvesting, after that I might try some harvesting.  And a bit later some crafting.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Well I booked a cruise from the 02/09/12 until 12/09/12 then return home to start a new job so I'm pretty pissed with Nscoft atm for starting it right before I go on holiday. So I guess I'll go find me the most powerful laptop I can buy at this short notice and load the game and start paying stupid money for internet access across the pond and when I get on my cruise ship I'll become a Hermit in my cabin just calling room service for the whole ten days or so. My sit on my balcony to play whilst sailing round Alaska who knows.

I will RAGE like some school kid throwing my toys out of the pram if I don't get any internet on this ship though they will hear me right across from Seattle to Vancouver that's for sure. bet they never seen an annoyed Brit on a ship before.

Now back on topic after that little digression...I plan on playing a Human Warrior and also will be working hard on crafting loads so thanks to the share bank I will also create as many toons as I can to get them into crafting cities crafting as much as I can then dipping into WvW with my warrior every now and then for some EPIC fun.

bandit

Asbo

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Hopefully not spending time on these forums. 

I'm got pretty sick and tired of hearing about GW2 on these about a year ago. 

So hopefully the game is good enough to keep people in game and not on these forums

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

So hopefully the game is good enough to keep people in game and not on these forums

And yet, here you are... posting in the GW2 forums about GW2 fans posting in the forums.

Admit it... you pre-purchased and will be in game, probably in the MMORPG guild. C'mon, admit it... image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

And yet, here you are... posting in the GW2 forums about GW2 fans posting in the forums.

Admit it... you pre-purchased and will be in game, probably in the MMORPG guild. C'mon, admit it... image

imageimageimage

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    I plan on creating a black furred Charr, putting him somewhere prominant and then leave him dancing while I go and watch the All Blacks win the rugby.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I'll probaly be trying to find a cool name that isnt already taken image
    o.O

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Deciding what race and profession I want to play. Add another hour to character creation and picking a name -.-
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Probably in character creation for a long time :)

After that I'll make sure I have all my gathering tools as soon as possible and set out into the world straight away.

I was actually pondering about doing some sPvP as well (just an hour or two), because it seems to give you a ton of 8-slot bags very quickly, so you don't even need to bother crafting or buying them.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!