Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Less than 48 hours away!

fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Less than 48 hours to go until head-start. Feel free to comment on what you are doing during the last 48 hours to prepare, unwind or bide the time.

I think I was probably close to this excited at the T-minus 48 hour mark waiting on vanilla WoW to release. Seems like a very long time ago and I can't believe it took as long as it did for another MMO to duplicate, or exceed, the anticipation I felt back then.

I'm very excited to be looking forwrd to a game I anticipate to be playing for many months or years, rather than wondering if I'll make it past the first 30 day!

What are you guys thinking as the time winds down?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

To be honest - it is indeed very hard to wait for this game.

Luckily, I have a great job (where I'm also writing from now :D) thats actually lots of fun which makes my time goes by really fast! Normally when I wait for something, the time takes forever. But no matter how far I look forward to GW2, the time goes fast! Win-Win!

Still not sure which server to join t hough. Im from Scandinavia, and fear the Far Shiverpeaks will be mostly dutch-men. Thinking of rolling on Gunnars Hold, but the name is nasty :P

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

Why must you remind us of this 48 hour wait!. :|

-500 DKP for you broseph.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Luckily, I have a great job (where I'm also writing from now :D) thats actually lots of fun which makes my time goes by really fast!  [ ... ]

I envy you ...

I am working in a boring job and watching the seconds go by minute by minute. Woe is me.

When I'm at home I plunge myself into my digital music projects to speed up time again. :D

Friday afternoon will be spend test-driving a new car and doing some Nin-Jutsu exercises so I'll have at least a tiny chance to be able to sleep until saturday morning when it starts... (oh god... it starts!!)

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Playing DDO to fill in the time currently. I want to try the crafting out but the majority of my time will probly be spent doing DE's and the occasional WvWvW not to mention personal story. I'll ask in game about a guilds etc unless anyone is willing to pick me up before hand.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Enjoy your new MMO MMoers! I hope it turns out to be your new home after the long wait for a non wow clone MMO. I may give it a try in the future if I can pull myself away from PS2 long enough ;p
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Gamefun

Luckily GW2 has no gear treadmill so that won't really affect them.

As to OP:

Me, I'm trying to plan out my G13/G600 "optimal setup" for GW2 as the G600 was just recently ordered and hasn't arrived yet.

(well that, and posting in threads with uninformed or malicious haters trying to counter their posts with some actual facts... can't wait till I'm in GW2 and away from them all!)

Originally posted by Stx11

As to OP:

Me, I'm trying to plan out my G13/G600 "optimal setup" for GW2 as the G600 was just recently ordered and hasn't arrived yet.

(well that, and posting in threads with uninformed or malicious haters trying to counter their posts with some actual facts... can't wait till I'm in GW2 and away from them all!)

I was only joking!. lols. =]

As to OP:

But this is serious forums.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Stx11 Originally posted by Gamefun Why must you remind us of this 48 hour wait!. :|   -500 DKP for you broseph.
    Luckily GW2 has no gear treadmill so that won't really affect them. As to OP: Me, I'm trying to plan out my G13/G600 "optimal setup" for GW2 as the G600 was just recently ordered and hasn't arrived yet. (well that, and posting in threads with uninformed or malicious haters trying to counter their posts with some actual facts... can't wait till I'm in GW2 and away from them all!)

Ah, do you guys remember that stark hell in which we fought over rare, powerful loot drops?

No more, my friends, I say NO MORE!

No, this weekend we embark on a new, fantastical journey a fresh hell, full of centaurs and zombies and dragons and where I can pick whatever damn armor I want and screw the rest!

When I can run up to a person in the world and he will be trying to help himself, and I can work with him. Where anyone else can help us all complete a task. No more will I be forced to work alone, or force others to do the same.

No, my friends, this weekend we enter a new world, with new possibilities. A world of danger and wonder and madness.

And I am literally just sitting at my desk salivating now.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    This thread lacks cats though, just sayin...

As to OP:

You gotta let loose some times. People are too serious.

wts [Hershey Chocolate Sundae's]

oh wait it's in my stomach.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    I'm playing Endless Space atm, bought it the other day. Finshing off a game on a huge galaxy on Serious difficulty atm, gonna try the hardest one next.
  • wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

BBQ/piss up and a day at a local chilli festival. The game launches at 5am here  (for the earlier early start) so loadinmg up on chillies to wake up spritely and then just play from the bathroom.

I jest, belly of steel. But we're building a nice meat smoker today, gunna have pulled pork for the launch party.

Originally posted by wartyxwt

BBQ/piss up and a day at a local chilli festival. The game launches at 5am here  (for the earlier early start) so loadinmg up on chillies to wake up spritely and then just play from the bathroom.

I jest, belly of steel. But we're building a nice meat smoker today, gunna have pulled pork for the launch party.

ROFL IRL. lols.

As to OP:

Oh noes my sarcasm got blocked :(

As to OP:

Oh noes my sarcasm got blocked :(

Ohemgee. lol

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by IAmMMO
    Enjoy your new MMO MMoers! I hope it turns out to be your new home after the long wait for a non wow clone MMO. I may give it a try in the future if I can pull myself away from PS2 long enough ;p

Thanks :) Kind of refreshing to see a cheerup comment from someone who doesn't necessarly love gw2.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Just enough time to finish Darksiders 2.
  • Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    do u have to re download the client from the site or do u just keep your beta client and there patching that?

Originally posted by Dekarx12
    do u have to re download the client from the site or do u just keep your beta client and there patching that?

No need to redownload the client..

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer
    This thread lacks cats though, just sayin...

i haz a surprise for ya

lolcats iz funny :)

You will need to re-download the client from your Guild Wars 2 account.

You will need to re-download the client from your Guild Wars 2 account.

Nope, Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/41836-beta-client-will-be-used-at-launch/

Look at the first post, the GW2 Twitter actually answered someone's question about it.

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    The "new" client just installs things properly (i.e. game files into Program Files/Guild Wars 2, makes Start Menu shortcuts), instead of everything running out of whatever folder you dowloaded it to. If you're like me, and prefer things organized, you can run the new installer and just move your gw2.dat file into the install folder.