Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favourite type of Mage

• ForumPvPForumPvP KingstownPosts: 871Member
    Originally posted by Deivos

If you're a nano-technician in pvp, couldn't you just send a nanite or two into the enemie's body and sever their nervous system?

Sounds alot faster.

Nanites sounds like something that Traders did to me,and then i saw reclaim.

Let's internet

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 9,063Member Uncommon
    I like to play every class,that is why i liked FFXI so much,i could play every class on the same player and not have to sideline a player or retire him for an alt.

Samoan Diamond

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,277Member Uncommon
    whats the difference between a Elementalist and a Shaman in RPG terms?

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member

Necro EQ1 was favorite mage type.

• maplestonemaplestone Ottawa, ONPosts: 3,099Member
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

An elementalist harnesses elemental forces directly, a shaman harnesses spirits that control elemental forces

• Angier2758Angier2758 Mt. Prospect, ILPosts: 1,011Member
    Herald of Xotli ... favorite mage EVER.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Madison heights, MIPosts: 1,238Member

Prefer clerics, if they're done correctly. Heavy armor, maces, plenty of offensive as well as defensive abilities, etc.

Sadly, most MMOs portray healers as squishy little things wearing robes.

As for mages, something along the lines of a demon summoner is usually my favorite.

• EmrendilEmrendil TirionPosts: 199Member
    Probably elementalist for me.
  • NidwinNidwin LuxembourgPosts: 94Member

It's not mage it's MAGUS!

I <3 my Magus

I also fell in love with LoL's Morgana, not played as pure mage but offensive support off-tank.

• Rider071Rider071 Utica, NYPosts: 318Member
    Originally posted by wungun
    Mine will be Necromancer.

still to this day, I have not found a class of caster as fun as the original wizard in EQ1.

Big nuker that could port people all over the world (at that time the only one, other than them furry dr00ds).

EQ1 wizard will always remain my favorite and what I measure any damage dealing caster class up to. Actually I measure most classes up to the EQ1 classes as they were born from D+D classes (closer to the true D+D of TSR lore back in the day, not the WotC offerings today).

• VrikaVrika FinlandPosts: 2,789Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

An elementalists manipulates raw elements. Using his own power, he can create a ball of fire with a spell and shoot it at his enemy.

A shaman is attuned with the spirits of the land and his ancestors. Drawing their power, he can ask lighting bolt from the sky to smite on his enemy, or the nature's energy to heal his wounded friend. He can also often receive valuable advice from spirits of his ancestor/nature.