Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Tera discount to combat GW2's release.

JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Have all these ads on mmorpg.com advertising Tera for $14.99...expires August 28th.

Hey wait doesn't something happen on August 28th!?

Comments

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

WoW is having a discount that ends of the 28th too.

Oh but I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Its impressive how so many companies are trying to place every promotional offer/release of content in or around that date.

• MisthawkMisthawk Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Hmm, I dunno...Dun-dun-dunnn!  Best call the Scooby-Doo Detective Agency :)
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    if you wanna get technical most people interested in gw2 preordered which means the real launch date is really the 25th..and tera being a sub game cant be trying to hard to compete with gw2.the 25th will pretty much kill off a good 80% of the free to play market,and possibly spell the end for a good number of pay to play games..theres a reason your seeing so many of them working on f2p models
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

WoW is having a discount that ends of the 28th too.

Oh but I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

They skurred

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by Misthawk
    Hmm, I dunno...Dun-dun-dunnn!  Best call the Scooby-Doo Detective Agency :)

^This. lol

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It's even more strange the number of posters who insist that this is just part of a normal business cycle and not, I repeat NOT, a reaction to the launch of GW2.

Yep, I'm sure it's just coincidence. Repeated coincidence.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Are they paying you $14.99 to play until Aug 28th? The advertisement isn't very specific. o.O

edit: That is a joke by the way.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Honestly, I'd probably have bitten if they'd done it a few weeks ago. I can jusify $15 for a few weeks amusement, but not for a few days. 
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Galthon
    Honestly, I'd probably have bitten if they'd done it a few weeks ago. I can jusify $15 for a few weeks amusement, but not for a few days. 

Ya, I payed the full price and now I wish I would have waited. Its a pretty good game, just it's way better for $14.99.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50

It's an amusing game, but I don't care for most of the non-combat systems...

All right, I was just getting cheap thrills running around as a heavily armed stripper.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Derpybird

It's even more strange the number of posters who insist that this is just part of a normal business cycle and not, I repeat NOT, a reaction to the launch of GW2.

Smart marketing....but I sense fear.  Every other mmo is worried. 

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Tera looks pretty solid for an MMO.  But it truly can't justify charging a monthly sub when GW2 is a far more content packed game and it is a B2P.  In fact no monthly sub game can be justified once GW2 launches.
  • necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

what's that smell???

*sniff  *sniff

its either coincidence or my socks need washing...

fear smells more like armpit.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Have all these ads on mmorpg.com advertising Tera for $14.99...expires August 28th.

Hey wait doesn't something happen on August 28th!?

competitors are indeed feeling the heat . if GW2 succeed it will be good for the overall mmorpg genre . lately there have been so many failed mmorpg and i hope that GW2 will be wakeup call for blizzard .

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Smart marketing....but I sense fear.  Every other mmo is worried. 

Yep, if I were in the marketing department of any of those other games, that's exactly what I would do.

It is odd, however, when people deny that this is in fact what those games are doing to try and avoid subscriber loss.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Being smart means they are scared?

If it was GW2  doing the promotion before a new mmorpg rellease you all would be going "Good idea! Arenanet proved once again that they are the best!".

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

GUYS GUYS I figured it out why all these games are having sales/expansions around August 28th.. it's cause of...

Asda 2 - 08/30/12

which launches on the 30th. That game gonna kill them all.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by yaoming36

GUYS GUYS I figured it out why all these games are having sales/expansions around August 28th.. it's cause of...

Asda 2 - 08/30/12

which launches on the 30th. That game gonna kill them all.

Knight Age is coming too. It's a conspiracy.

http://www.gamespot.com/knight-age/platform/pc/

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Come on people, everyone just calm down, We all know it's a coincident that, WoW, Rift, Tera, TSW and many others have major  sales and patches releasing on the same day as GW2. GW2 had nothing to do with it.

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Tera looks pretty solid for an MMO.  But it truly can't justify charging a monthly sub when GW2 is a far more content packed game and it is a B2P.  In fact no monthly sub game can be justified once GW2 launches.

+9000K

They know after GW2 releases no one in their right mind will be willing to pay a sub for a game that doesn't deserve it.

it's gonna take a lot for a game to come out and charge a sub after August 28th.

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

Buy the game to play without sub will be the standart from now on :)

That said I just bought 1 year sub for Rift which will be my other mmorpg along with GW2, but what can I say it sounded too good to not buy it.

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Adelbern

Buy the game to play without sub will be the standart from now on :)

That said I just bought 1 year sub for Rift which will be my other mmorpg along with GW2, but what can I say it sounded too good to not buy it.

Actually I've been thinking about doing this to, Rift is worthy of keeping alive simply because they put out content at an insane rate. shames almost every other company out there right now. They dared change the game from a yearly or by yearly update schedule to an almost monthly basis. Now that they will normalize stats in PVP and take PVP more seriously I  might go back to it again, not sure if I will be able to stay to long though, GW2 has ruined almost all mmo's out there for me. I go in and as soon as I see an exclamation mark and the holy trinity I'm out, I should give EVE a try again :P instead.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I laugh every time I read "What is the Tera Effect?" on the advertisement on the top of MMORPG.com.

Oh Penny Arcade.... first funny thing you've written.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

All I can say. LOL

I looked in a Websters for the #Teraeffect and couldnt find it but I think I found the meaning littered across the vast MMO forum expanse and it basically means.  Crappy game, Crappy questing, with great combat.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.