Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purple Butterflies

gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

So, I haven't narrowed down what will be my main, but it won't be a Mesmer. Cool moves, can't handle the purple butterflies.

I've managed to eliminate one class.

It's a big moment for me.

Comments

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I selected mesmer BECAUSE OF purple butterflies.

Also I'm hoping one day when we dance that our clones also dance because that would be the best thing in the history of gaming

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, real men like yellow butterflies.
  • gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Originally posted by colddog04

Says the man with Robocop riding a unicorn. I don't think I can trust your judgement! lol

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by colddog04

said the rainbow guy xD jk

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    That's one of the only things I don't like about mesmers, I'm not a fan of butterflies and I don't think it's fitting for  a Male character. I think they should have different animations for both Males/females. like females get the butterflies while male get  Crows/ravens or something.
    Originally posted by MadKing
    That's one of the only things I don't like about mesmers, I'm not a fan of butterflies and I don't think it's fitting for  a Male character. I think they should have different animations for both Males/females. like females get the butterflies while male get  Crows/ravens or something.

Oh god! Don't give the devs any ideas! That would put the class back in the mix for me! 

Seriously tho, animations matter. No matter how awesome a class is, having to look at an animation that you aren't crazy about can wear on you.

• 7-Thunder-237-Thunder-23 Member Posts: 25
    I got to admit i never considered mesmer due to the purple butterflies... it could be an awesome class.. but i will never know. 
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Also I'm hoping one day when we dance that our clones also dance because that would be the best thing in the history of gaming

Exactly this. Mesmer is going to be my third character, specifically because of the fabulous butterflies. I just wish that they were hot pink. Only a real man can kick ass while rocking hot pink butterflies.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by heartless

Exactly this. Mesmer is going to be my third character, specifically because of the fabulous butterflies. I just wish that they were hot pink. Only a real man can kick ass while rocking hot pink butterflies.

There should be a way through cosmetic progression to earn other butterfly color schemes, but the only choices are shades of pink and purple, as well as rainbow.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by gieger808

So, I haven't narrowed down what will be my main, but it won't be a Mesmer. Cool moves, can't handle the purple butterflies.

You  do know that butterlfies can represent rebirth or the soul?

There are other cultures that have some pretty cool ideas concerning butterlifes. I think there was a mexican (aztec?) temple of the butterfly or some such thing.

Don't poo-poo the butterfly.

They'l eat your, er soul!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

so your down to 7.

you could do like I did get some more character slots from the gem shop then you can make 7 (going to have 8 slots myself)

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Originally posted by swordmark45

so your down to 7.

you could do like I did get some more character slots from the gem shop then you can make 7 (going to have 8 slots myself)

I promised myself that I would resist my chronic alt-itis in this game. I must! 2 mains, max!

OK, maybe three. Dang it.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by swordmark45

so your down to 7.

I promised myself that I would resist my chronic alt-itis in this game. I must! 2 mains, max!

OK, maybe three. Dang it.

LOL I throurghly accept I am an Alt Whore as my son calls me

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67

Much agreed. This is as close to hot pink as I could get, but I did the best that only a real man could. This thread is giving me some truly sinister ideas for a Mesmer alt. If only I could roll a Charr with hot pink or lavender fur.....

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Because everyone knows that it's feminime to wear purple and have butterflies around them whilst it's manly to have crows and ravens. Sexism much~

Other than that, heck. This would get me to play Gw2 (do mind I have read squat about it let alone tried it). Purple butterflies for everyone! :D

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• reef22reef22 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Purple has always been Mesmer's color since GW 1 so I didn't expect it to change in GW 2.

About the butterfly, I'm guessing it's about the characteristic of the profession.  I'm sure you've heard of Butterflly Effect.  Mesmers don't deal big number of damges but what they do is subtle which could have a rippled effect across the battle field.  They teleports so it fits with the Butterfly Effect.  The Butterflyy Effect came from Chaos Theory and Mesmer in GW 1 has some Chaos skill and dmages so maybe that's where ANet got the butterfly idea from?

That's my guess...

ALSO, it's not feminine to wear purple or pink.  You have to be a very masculine guy to pull it off. 

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Crows and Ravens are rather related to death than to psychic abilities or the soul, that's why they would fit more to the necro than to a mesmer.

Psychic abilities (you can also check Psylocke from X-Men as example) are mostly shown in a pink to light purple color and the butterflies like others said represent the soul.

That's why they mainly went for that color and the butterfly.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

There should be a way through cosmetic progression to earn other butterfly color schemes, but the only choices are shades of pink and purple, as well as rainbow.

Or how about as you level up and get stronger, the butterflies gradually change from purple to hot pink, as to signify how ridiculously fabulous you've become.

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90
    Mesmers teach all to fear the glory that is the Purple Butterflies!