Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Little late in the game... but?

jommybgoodjommybgood Member UncommonPosts: 39

So I'm thinking of pre-purchasing guild wars, and I know its very late! Apparently they are still letting people do this for the head start?? At least thats what im understanding. My question is if I buy the game and hate it, is there any way of returning it before "official" launch? (next tuesday, right?) I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let a person do this as it is a stupid business decision, but just making sure because I see no DEMO! I really wish I could play it before buying it... does anyone know if a trial or demo will be released?? THanks! 

Oh, and i already know I missed all the betas... and probably should have tried it there.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    A patient man would wait, a true mmorpg champion would buy. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Amjoco

haha.. nice!

I guess you have to choose between being a wise man or a champion... your call buddy :-p

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    No you have to fully buy it to be able to do the headstart, and you cant return it before laugh if you do that, only on re order can that typically be done. At this point you've missed the tests and you'll have to wait for a trial, buy it, or know a friend whos getting it and try it at their place( this is usually the best option since they dont release free trails for a few months atleast after a game releases ).

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• jommybgoodjommybgood Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Welp that answers my questions.. I didnt think they would. And truthfully it's $60 with no sub fee. So actually its not that bad. I might end up waiting, but I dont trust most reviewers. I usually play games for myself to get a better understanding. THANKS!! 

And I am by no means a true mmo champion... But.. the game does look fun! 

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by sammandar

haha.. nice!

I guess you have to choose between being a wise man or a champion... your call buddy :-p

I love theses comments.

I have been a wiseman for 4 years now. This time I went champion and haven't regretted it

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by sammandar

haha.. nice!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by jommybgood

So I'm thinking of pre-purchasing guild wars, and I know its very late! Apparently they are still letting people do this for the head start?? At least thats what im understanding. My question is if I buy the game and hate it, is there any way of returning it before "official" launch? (next tuesday, right?) I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let a person do this as it is a stupid business decision, but just making sure because I see no DEMO! I really wish I could play it before buying it... does anyone know if a trial or demo will be released?? THanks! 

Oh, and i already know I missed all the betas... and probably should have tried it there.

just buy the game  ,is not like you not gonna like it youll gonna love it  even if you hate mmo.

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125

Have you seen Aerowyn's list of youtube videos? (It's stickied on this forum)

If you have and are still on the fence, I don't know what to say. Must be pretty hard to find anything fun in life if you don't trust anyone else's opinion on what is enjoyable and are not willing to take any risks. Not sure how waiting till after release would help either, since you'd still have to choose based on reviews, etc.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

This statement coupled with your pic = classic!

Cheers!

@OP: I would take the advice to watch the videos and decide for yourself, or wait for a free trial after launch (assuming there is one).  Good luck!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

"If you love MMOs, you'll want to check out Guild Wars 2, and if you hate MMOs, you'll really want to check out Guild Wars 2."

ArenaNet said that...and i believe they are right.

If you love (fantasy) MMOs you´ll simply love Guild Wars 2.

But if you find some aspects of playing a MMO a tedious timesink.... "you'll really want to check out Guild Wars 2"

You will not see a "demo" any time soon anyway....

imageimage

imageimage

In my opinion is a game totally worth buying and playing.

If you like MMOs....ofc

Originally posted by Thrashbarg

If you have and are still on the fence, I don't know what to say. Must be pretty hard to find anything fun in life if you don't trust anyone else's opinion on what is enjoyable and are not willing to take any risks. Not sure how waiting till after release would help either, since you'd still have to choose based on reviews, etc.

I have not seen the videos, just some random ones. SO, I will go watch them now. Also I do acknowledge people's opinions, JUST not most companies. You are probably right on the waiting thing tho. And I find plenty of stuff that is fun in my life :) I was just asking some simple questions. Thank you all for your input. I will mroe than likely buy it since it really isnt that big of a risk. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

If you hate it, you're not doing it right, and I would recommend trading in all your previous habits from what an MMORPG is traditionally like.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I feel confident in sharing my opinion because it's always right.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I cant see them not making a demo to bring in a larger audience.

Originally posted by eyelolled

If you hate it, you're not doing it right, and I would recommend trading in all your previous habits from what an MMORPG is traditionally like.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I feel confident in sharing my opinion because it's always right.

Well, I should have explained my OP better. I dont believe I'd hate it, but rather want to play something else instead. I play many different types of games. This is why I would have rathered try it out, and why I asked about the refund. Because only I can tell if I enjoy it more than another game. But it seems I waited too long to "try" it out. 

LOL you must have the gift of being right! Along with every other person in forums image

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125

I have not seen the videos, just some random ones. SO, I will go watch them now. Also I do acknowledge people's opinions, JUST not most companies. You are probably right on the waiting thing tho. And I find plenty of stuff that is fun in my life :) I was just asking some simple questions. Thank you all for your input. I will mroe than likely buy it since it really isnt that big of a risk. 

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh there (I tend to do that), I think I confused your first post with another thread where someone mentioned not trusting any reviews.

I don't trust most companies advertising either, and didn't have any particular interest in this game until I watched some gameplay videos. That and doing more research into how ArenaNet managed GW1 convinced me that even if I can't exactly trust their advertising, I can trust them to deliver a high quality product with the basic features it claims to have.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Well, I should have explained my OP better. I dont believe I'd hate it, but rather want to play something else instead. I play many different types of games. This is why I would have rathered try it out, and why I asked about the refund. Because only I can tell if I enjoy it more than another game. But it seems I waited too long to "try" it out. 

LOL you must have the gift of being right! Along with every other person in forums image

Well, I know all about playing a lot of games. I have 2 shelves of Xbox 360, PS3, and PC games I don't play. They are all very special to me because I considered them a collection.

I know how hard $60 is to come by if you don't have it, but if I was stuck with the choice, I would gather up all those games I am not using and take them to gamestop and sell them. This game is going to make me happy and the ones on the shelf are pretty much history. Maybe you have the same choice. :)

If you like mmorpg's you won't be dissapointed with GW2.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

You'll be charged on the spot if you buy through ArenaNet or Amazon.

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh there (I tend to do that), I think I confused your first post with another thread where someone mentioned not trusting any reviews.

I don't trust most companies advertising either, and didn't have any particular interest in this game until I watched some gameplay videos. That and doing more research into how ArenaNet managed GW1 convinced me that even if I can't exactly trust their advertising, I can trust them to deliver a high quality product with the basic features it claims to have.

Ah gotcha! SO... thank you for telling me about that video list! Im pretty sure I could be watching these all day long, lol. They are very, very good! I haven't played the original guild wars, but I do agree with you that they have made a  high quality product here. I don't think anyone could disagree with that.